SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

The F bombs were way beyond unprofessional! Part of Macs problem is that he protests EVERY call!!

True on both parts...but part of that is his job as captain. He does need to let some of it go though. But the behavior towards the players by Shep and specifically Anderson was shameful this series.

We're worried about penalties. The league has changed. Mac gets called all the time for plays that used to be considered clean, but are now considered too rough. He also gets called for being near players who trip over their own feet, and for being bigger and stronger than the opposition.

Gleason and Mattson are not physical players. Schmaltz isn't either, but he's a freshman, so I cut him slack. Simpson is okay in our end. Forbert is generally solid, and Mac is a beast.

Our centers also have to help out down low...its not all on the D to play D.

I think he's starting to get how to be physical. Against cc after he saved that goal he freaked on a cc played and smashed his head against the glass. It was good to see some fire in his eyes.

If the Gophers do get more power plays it will be because they are outplaying UND and drawing penalties. It would have nothing to do with the refs favoring the Gophers.

Sure.

But if I see the officiating crew out after the game at Campus Pizza with some Gopher fans again, I'll raise an eyebrow.

Helgeson has had fights before, but that was in juniors where it didn't cost him playing time like it would in college. Goon made the same claims about Bickel despite the fact he too won plenty of fights before coming to the Gophers and has continued to do so in the pros.

Ah yes Stu Bickel, a waste of skin that's only redeeming quality is that he will fight... Notice when the playoffs rolled around Bickel was either on the bench or in the stands because he was a defensive liability. "Good" players can fight and play.

I just hope we see some dead gopher on the ice and Rae going off in a stretcher. That's close enough to 4 points in my book. Joking aside. I think if we keep it close anything can happen or if hak calls a timeout we got easy 5 goals coming! haha. Should be a good weekend. Least we get the watch it on HD this weekend! GO SIOUX! I have faith in the boys!

So Rocco had no shots in Saturday's game vs. CC. That may be a huge benefit going in to Mariucci. Last time Rocco had a bad game was in the World Juniors Tourney, and we all saw how he rebounded from that. This kid is going to be highly motivated to bounce back. Could be a big weekend for Rocco! Go Sioux!

If the Gophers do get more power plays it will be because they are outplaying UND and drawing penalties. It would have nothing to do with the refs favoring the Gophers.

Yes I bet we will have a very gentlemanly game that's going to be called completely fair and I bet anderson adams or either of the shepherds will even reff it:) and after the game the gopher and sioux players wil go have tea and scrumpets together and have a jolly good time. absolutely no sarcasm in that analysis what so ever.

the officiating will be what it is-poor and questionable. the real question this weekend will be can we score as the goophs aren't giving much up and we have let in a few too many softies of late. if these are low scoring games it plays into our hand, if it gets into a track meet I don't like our chances.

Yes I bet we will have a very gentlemanly game that's going to be called completely fair and I bet anderson adams or either of the shepherds will even reff it:) and after the game the gopher and sioux players wil go have tea and scrumpets together and have a jolly good time. absolutely no sarcasm in that analysis what so ever.

I'm simply saying that the refs will not favor the Gophers. The refs will suck equally for both sides.

Hahaha....I just spit up coffee on my key-board :o). I GUARANTEE everyone that the Gophs get all the PP's early (in both games) and UND gets them late....If UND is down. If both games are very close the Gophs will have way more PP's. It happens every year (during the regular season).

Hahaha....I just spit up coffee on my key-board :o). I GUARANTEE everyone that the Gophs get all the PP's early (in both games) and UND gets them late....If UND is down. If both games are very close the Gophs will have way more PP's. It happens every year (during the regular season).

Give me one good reason why the refs would want to consciously favor the Gophers over UND. I mean seriously you guys complain about the refs even before the series begins. It's just pathetic.

Give me one good reason why the refs would want to consciously favor the Gophers over UND. I mean seriously you guys complain about the refs even before the series begins. It's just pathetic.

After all these years of watching the games, I guess I sort of pick up on things. Shepard is a gopher fan....fact. I don't know if Campion refs anymore but I knew is nephew in college and he also said he was a gopher fan. It is what is it...we've dealt with it and won many times before so I'm not overly worried about it. I was simply trying to make a prediction....we'll see if I'm right or not.

it might not be as bad as we think but there is a difference in penalties called and pp's at the mooch. over the last 10 years there have been 14 games played in minneapolis and in those UND has had 64 pp's and the goophs 92 for an average of plus 2 pp's for the goophs per game. however those stats are inflated by three games in which minny had 10, 11 and 12 powerplays. the biggest discrepancy was ironically in 2007 when we swept them down there and minny had 23 pp's to UND's 8 for the weekend.

So Rocco had no shots in Saturday's game vs. CC. That may be a huge benefit going in to Mariucci. Last time Rocco had a bad game was in the World Juniors Tourney, and we all saw how he rebounded from that. This kid is going to be highly motivated to bounce back. Could be a big weekend for Rocco! Go Sioux!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it against the goofs that he got hurt last year? That may also be motivation. I am so looking forward to this series. I hope UND comes out and shows that there is more than the goofs for elite teams in the WCHA.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it against the goofs that he got hurt last year? That may also be motivation. I am so looking forward to this series. I hope UND comes out and shows that there is more than the goofs for elite teams in the WCHA.

yes and no. he orininally got hurt right before the season started in practice and was shut down after the that series in minny after playing just two weekends.

it might not be as bad as we think but there is a difference in penalties called and pp's at the mooch. over the last 10 years there have been 14 games played in minneapolis and in those UND has had 64 pp's and the goophs 92 for an average of plus 2 pp's for the goophs per game. however those stats are inflated by three games in which minny had 10, 11 and 12 powerplays. the biggest discrepancy was ironically in 2007 when we swept them down there and minny had 23 pp's to UND's 8 for the weekend.

Just because one team gets more pp's than the other does not mean the refs were favoring that team though.

Is haula 100% gopher fans? Know he was banged up and suppose to be back this weekend.

Wonder if odonnell even plays this weekend. So far nothing has sparked him line wise. Get Rocco off that 3rd. Zero shots Saturday is a joke. Gonna be a hell of a game Friday!