SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

I agree. Rocco needs to be on the top line. I hope Hak does it and sticks with it the rest of the season. Love Panz back on D but I still like Gaarder in the lineup more than Gleason at forward.

Although he got the game winner and all, I think Gaarder adds a lot more up front than Jim does. Yes, Jim got the game winner, but he was also playing with Kristo at that particular moment and it was just a tap in goal.

I hope Friday shapes up something like this as far as line combos go:

Kristo-Knight-Grimaldi

Parks-Mark M.-Rowney

Drake-Mitch-Gaarder

Jim-General-Gleason

Mac-Mattson

Forbort-Schmaltz

Simpson-Panzarella

Clark

Rowney can't play wing. he was brutal in that 4 games or so they tried. Hak admitted it didn't work. Load the top line. After that we still have 2 more solid lines then the 4th can do what they so best. If Rodwell is back then I go st Clair rodwell general gaarder could be back in for odonnell or Gleason with panz at D. Look forward to Friday!

I totally agree Rocco has the skills get him in the top line. Going be a long weekend if r D don't pick up and give the goalie a little help. By long weekend I mean like 7 plus goals a night for the gophers they r on fire right now and we need to end that this weekend. We all can agree us and gophers fans the officials need to be on their game

I really don't think it matters who is on that top line with Kristo and Knight but I kind of liked the way Mitch MacMillan played there last night. The biggest question mark to me is whether Gleason is at defense, forward, or scratched. Even when he was at forward last night he played a good amount at defense on the penalty kill and in the 3rd period as well as some powerplay. I think we will see a lineup like this Friday night:

Mitch MacMillan-Knight-Kristo

Mark MacMillan-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Rodwell/Gaarder

Senkbeil-Pattyn-St.Clair

Mattson-Mac

Forbort-Schmaltz

Simpson-Gleason/Panzerella

Saunders/Gothberg

What are the chances we don't get a Anderson or either of the Shepherds for this series??? About a million to 1?

I would bet and hope that we get Derek Shepherd and Marco Hunt this weekend. They are far and away the best tandem the league has to offer, which is sad..... Mousseaux and Morrison would be my 2nd choice.

Brad Shepherd, Todd Andeson, and Don Adam need to be as far away from the John as possible.

If Hak isn't going to play Rocco on top line then Mark Mac w Drake is who Rocco might click. Parks Rowney and Gaarder would be ok as well. Mitch seems to be offensively suited to okay w Kristo on opposite wing.

Call me crazy but maybe that third line would spark Odonnel out of his slump and make three legit scoring lines.

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Odonnel

That puts Rocco at center which is his natural position. Could work.

after what I have seen the last 10 periods, unfortunately I don't see us getting more than a point. minny might just run us out of the building.

I hope not....but I'm not as confident anymore. Besides knight and kristo, our lines look out of synch and were not playing well in our own zone anymore.

Mitch MacMillan-Mark MacMillan-Parks - I'd like to see these three together

Mitch MacMillan-Knight-Kristo

Mark MacMillan-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-Grimaldi-St. Clair

Gaarder-Pattyn-Rodwell - O'Donnell and Chyzyk could be pluged in on this line.

Mattson-MacWilliam

Forbert-Schmalts

Simpson-Panzarella

I think Panzarella is going to play in one of the games. If Pazarella play does Gleason go to forward and bring speed to the 4th line.

Panzerella is a must. We have too many finesse d men without him in there

Agree. I have not seen UND Dman let other team forwards walk the puck to the dots without putting a body on them like I did this past series.

Simpson though has turned into a very solid dependable Dman. Smart and simple.

Agree. I have not seen UND Dman let other team forwards walk the puck to the dots without putting a body on them like I did this past series.

Simpson though has turned into a very solid dependable Dman. Smart and simple.

Dillon has turned into a hell of a good d man on both ends. Nice to have panz in there with him.

Heck! Why even go then? Maybe UND should mail the points to the Gophers? I agree with Sioux Force 19 Have some faith in your team...

hey it would give us two weeks to prepare for st could(a series in we match up better with the opponent) and less chance of injury by mailing it in :)

I think someone made mention of this earlier, but how sad is it we don't have one line combo set in stone and it is the middle of january.

Not that big of a deal really. There are 3/4 major factors to this. Rodwells injury shakes up the 4th line, Parks injury, Mitch not being eligible until HC series which is same series parks came back. 3rd reason is Rocco being at wjt missing HC series. All 3 guys mentioned are top 6 forwards and I believe we see things will shake out over the next month barring no injuries.

I think Nelson not returning set this whole thing up since it starts exactly with finding someone to play with Knight and Kristo. The dominoes fall from there as they search for the right compliment. Simply putting Rocco on that top line could avoid a lot of shuffling by allowing the reunion of a pretty successful RPM tandem from last year.

I think Nelson not returning set this whole thing up since it starts exactly with finding someone to play with Knight and Kristo. The dominoes fall from there as they search for the right compliment. Simply putting Rocco on that top line could avoid a lot of shuffling by allowing the reunion of a pretty successful RPM tandem from last year.

Great assessment and spot on.