SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DENVER - Friday

AZSIOUX

Was there any mention of poor ice conditions? It seemed like there were a lot of wierd bounces.

I thought the same thing last night. Players were continually having the puck slide back in their skates, like happens when there is water on the ice.

But that was a great college hockey game to watch last night. Call me disloyal, but I'd rather watch one like that than a 5-1 slopfest, even if the Sioux win (minus playoff implications, of course).

sloppy play all night - third was better but we had our chances - their goalie was the difference

I disagree, this was the best game I have seen the Sioux play this year. They still had some soft defensive turnovers like they always do but overall they played pretty well. We simply ran into an outstanding goalie...that kid was awesome....I wish we could find goalie liket who can absolutely steal games. He played big in the net so deflections would be harder to score on, he was extremely quick (that much was obvious) and his rebound control was solid. On a different note, we need to keep playing like we did last night and good things will come our way quickly. We need to win tonight.

scpa I agree I think friday was our best 60 minute (ok ok 65) performance all season. Play in our end looked a lot cleaner than it has in a few previous games and we blocked a lot of shots which is something I hadn't been seeing. Team looked fast last night and man can Grimaldi fly justcouldn't find the score sheet. Might have only got the one point but think there was a lot of positive to take out of that game. Respect to Denvers goalie (not a clue how to spell it heck the announcers could barely say it) if it wasn't for him I think UND leaves friday with two big points in the division.

Anyome notive this team doesnt body check/fore check like what were are use to in sioux hockey

This surely isnt old time sioux holcey

if this is und hockey now with no hitting

Yeah, I didn't see Mac or Drake make big hits last night... I saw Jimmer make no less than three good body checks down low in the Offensive Zone last night and the General hits everything that moves up and down the ice. To say this team doesn't hit is short sighted. They're picking their spots and playing smartly. UND only had six minor penalties last night.

Edited by Goon

While I was disappointed with the tie, I was very pleased to see how well the Sioux played. It was a slow start, but overall the play in their own end was much improved. The breakouts were improved. Flat out Okinoura stole this tie for Denver. He played outstanding. This is three games in a row where the Sioux have outplayed the opponent and it is maybe time to think that this team is getting it together. Kudos to the fourth line. They played very well and carried the charge a number of times. Senkbeil (Jim!) was a beast out there and he may be tough for someone to move out of the lineup if he keeps that up. Really looking forward to tonights game. Hopefully the Sioux will be ready and Denver will still look tired.

The best thing I've seen the last 2 games is the defense is starting to gel, holding Denvers offense to 20 shots is outstanding.

The offense seems on the verge of breaking out, the quality shots are improving every game they just need to find the net.

Man this would be a big win tonight.

The best thing I've seen the last 2 games is the defense is starting to gel, holding Denvers offense to 20 shots is outstanding.

The offense seems on the verge of breaking out, the quality shots are improving every game they just need to find the net.

Man this would be a big win tonight.

All of this^^^^^^^^