SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. DU

AZSIOUX

We are tied with several others for fewest losses in the league. Bucky just took 3 points from George at the man with the yellow hat's house.

Time for a sweep.

I get the feeling that this weekend's series is going to be "rough" and very spirited.

When was the last time the Sioux had a good fight or just a fight period?

I can remember these from new Ralph days on. May have missed one

Prpich vs Umd home

McMahon vs gophers home

Radke vs Denver home

Kaip vs Uaa home

Kaip vs Mankato away after he took 3 punches to face looking at the bench home vs mankato iirc as he was told not to fight

Lamoureux vs Marvin attempt

Lamoureux vs turgeon

Zach jones vs Tony lucia skating away

Prpich vs Umd home

McMahon vs gophers home

Radke vs Denver home

Kaip vs Uaa home

Kaip vs Mankato away after he took 3 punches to face looking at the bench home vs mankato iirc as he was told not to fight

Lamoureux vs Marvin

Zach jones vs Mario lucia skating away

You mean Tony? lol

Prpich vs Umd home

McMahon vs gophers home

Radke vs Denver home

Kaip vs Uaa home

Lamoureux vs Marvin

Zach jones vs Mario lucia skating away

Turgeon vs Lamoureux

Schneider vs manitoba guy (last game at the old ralph I believe...could be wrong)

I just wish someone would have gone with Paukovich.....anybody......I don't care if they would have gotten pummeled.......just one punch is all....

I guess Prpich did attempt to make him a gelding though.....

Agree, i was at that game in Denver when prpich got that nut shot in with the stick. Gwoz flipped a lid. This game was the birth of the dasher dancer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilwpXOQIjHc

I just wish someone would have gone with Paukovich.....anybody......I don't care if they would have gotten pummeled.......just one punch is all....

I guess Prpich did attempt to make him a gelding though.....

Matt Greene fought him in camp in the NHL...and to Pauk's credit, he stepped up like a man and took his licks

Sept 3, 2007

It took a couple of seasons but Matt Greene finally got a shot at Oilers prospect Geoff Paukovich and made the most of it. Here's the deal, back in 2004-05 in the WCHA Final Five, Paukovich playing for the Denver Pioneers crushed Greene's teammate Robbie Bina of North Dakota with an ugly hit that brokeBina's neck. (Bina has since returned to play).

Greene, the Fighting Sioux's captain, exchanged words with Paukovich telling him their would be a day of reckoning at a later date. (Note:this would be the politically correct translation of what was said!).

As you all know you can't fight in College hockey but you can in a conditioning camp. Paukovich now an Oilers prospect showed up at Clare Drake Arena the other day for the U. of A. Conditioning Camp, and Greene of course is an Oilersregular. Greene was late for a session, and the two were slated to be on the same team, when he saw Paukovich in a drill. Greene immediately skated over to Paukovich and told him the day of reckoning had arrived and proceeded to according to onlookers..make short work of Paukovich. The one-sided tilt lasted 15-20 seconds. The two shook hands after the fight.

I was just telling my wife during last nights game that, the Sioux used to be feared by other teams and that was a huge advantage for them. Other schools just knew that if they had the puck there was a chance they were going to get crushed and that helped send a message. I really do not see that advantage anymore, I miss that and really think this team needs to find that again and it could help them over the rest of the season.

• Upvote 2

I believe panzarella dropped his gloves a lot in his juniors days. His PIM go as follows starting with 191 07/08 . I'm sure this is a change of pace for him. He put up some monster PIM :)

2007-08 Des Moines Buccaneers USHL 58 1 4 5 191 -14 -- -- -- -- --

2008-09 Des Moines Buccaneers USHL 49 2 5 7 171 -20 -- -- -- -- --

2009-10 Tri-City Storm USHL 36 2 3 5 89 -1 -- -- -- -- --

2009-10 Waterloo Black Hawks USHL 20 0 5 5 28 -3 3 0 0 0 9

2010-11 Waterloo Black Hawks USHL 53 3 15 18 175 -9 2 0 0 0 2

2011-12 U. of North Dakota WCHA 40 0 4 4 29  

2012-13 U. of North Dakota WCHA 2 0 0 0 2 0

I am starting to hate DU more then the Goofs. You would think they won the Stanley Cup everytime they score a goal. Plus for having such a good team, they have one of the most annoying fan bases comprised of old alums and dudes who couldn't afford to go to school there.

...Try living in Denver -> same holds true for the Donkey er. I mean Broncos. They are already talking Super Bowl. Last year at this time Tebow was the God Child. Nonetheless, the fans out here in Denver seem to be a bit over the top when it comes to their team. I don't have a problem with that but cmon - be realistic - I'm a Vikings fan and realize we are 10 - 6, first round of playoffs and out. year in and year out. I dont over celebrate. Oh well. When the Denver teams lose and their fans go into depression it makes the wins all the better.

Looking at du roster its interesting they have two guys from the springs which is cc territory. Wonder if that's common? Also the last zajac I believe plays D as a freshman - Nolan zajac. Seems to be a very solid d man for a freshman

Sept 3, 2007

It took a couple of seasons but Matt Greene finally got a shot at Oilers prospect Geoff Paukovich and made the most of it. Here's the deal, back in 2004-05 in the WCHA Final Five, Paukovich playing for the Denver Pioneers crushed Greene's teammate Robbie Bina of North Dakota with an ugly hit that brokeBina's neck. (Bina has since returned to play).

Greene, the Fighting Sioux's captain, exchanged words with Paukovich telling him their would be a day of reckoning at a later date. (Note:this would be the politically correct translation of what was said!).

As you all know you can't fight in College hockey but you can in a conditioning camp. Paukovich now an Oilers prospect showed up at Clare Drake Arena the other day for the U. of A. Conditioning Camp, and Greene of course is an Oilersregular. Greene was late for a session, and the two were slated to be on the same team, when he saw Paukovich in a drill. Greene immediately skated over to Paukovich and told him the day of reckoning had arrived and proceeded to according to onlookers..make short work of Paukovich. The one-sided tilt lasted 15-20 seconds. The two shook hands after the fight.

I'm not sure which Greene story I love more, this one or the one where he walks away after a car hit him in downtown Edmonton. We need more guys like him on D. I like the puck moving offensive guys for what they bring to the table skill wise but there is nothing better than knowing your team has the toughest dude on the ice every night that isn't afraid to make sure the opponents know it.

I'm not sure which Greene story I love more, this one or the one where he walks away after a car hit him in downtown Edmonton. We need more guys like him on D. I like the puck moving offensive guys for what they bring to the table skill wise but there is nothing better than knowing your team has the toughest dude on the ice every night that isn't afraid to make sure the opponents know it.

Mac can flat out nail guys out there! He has a couple per game along with some penalties as well :) I haven't seen anyone else in college hockey who hits like that on a weekend basis.

Side note Rodwell doesn't have a point this season. Hard to believe even though we haven't been scoring that many goals.