SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

So much for our "savior" goalie who everybody was annointing after six games.. He needs to work on his rebound control.

I wasn't one who anointed him a savior, but I'd say he's playing above my expectations so far.

Carter Rowney on the other hand needs to pick it up.

47-26 are the shots, and the game is over.

I'd say they did everything offensively they wanted to do, but Saunders didn't have his best game tonight, and a few defensive lapses cost them.

I would love to see the wide open net play that Rowney missed. TH sounds like its a miracle he didn't hit the net.

I wasn't one who anointed him a savior, but I'd say he's playing above my expectations so far.

Carter Rowney on the other hand needs to pick it up.

Well, the SOG were much better but Saunders is human after all.

Agree Rowney has struggled a little lately, the day off worked for Gleason, maybe Rowney needs to watch one too.

At 6-5-2...one of two things is true. This squad is either 1) very overrated and overhyped or 2) extremely underacheiving? You pick.

Like someone stated above, this continuing 1st half _____ (fill in the blank) play under Hak's tenure is "getting old". Schloss mentioned on the live chat last night that this is 8 years running with this type of 1st half play like it was some kind of badge of honor! :huh: This constant scenario will backfire at some point.

This team stinks on Saturdays to date so tonight's game is far from a lock. Watched DU/WI last night...a split next weekend IMO is best case scenario. Then travel to Tech. So once again, Hak's squad will have backed itself into a corner by Christmas break as I see this team at 8-8-2 at that juncture. 13 games in and UND still has issues defensively and can't get anything consistently going offensively. Goaltendening has been good minus last night.

Just another season of hopefully making a 2nd half run, getting a #2 or #3 seed and then hoping not to get shipped into someone's back yard for the NCAA..."getting old" was well said.

At 6-5-2...one of two things is true. This squad is either 1) very overrated and overhyped or 2) extremely underacheiving? You pick.

Like someone stated above, this continuing 1st half _____ (fill in the blank) play under Hak's tenure is "getting old". Schloss mentioned on the live chat last night that this is 8 years running with this type of 1st half play like it was some kind of badge of honor! :huh: This constant scenario will backfire at some point.

This team stinks on Saturdays to date so tonight's game is far from a lock. Watched DU/WI last night...a split next weekend IMO is best case scenario. Then travel to Tech. So once again, Hak's squad will have backed itself into a corner by Christmas break as I see this team at 8-8-2 at that juncture. 13 games in and UND still has issues defensively and can't get anything consistently going offensively. Goaltendening has been good minus last night.

Just another season of hopefully making a 2nd half run, getting a #2 or #3 seed and then hoping not to get shipped into someone's back yard for the NCAA..."getting old" was well said.

You know you are exactly right. I have no doubt this team will turn it around as they have too much talent, however, when sloppy play and a lack of effort occurs for half a season you put yourself in tight position where you have to hope for a run....only to most likely flame out early. They will make their push and start firing on all cylinders; I just hope it starts tonight. I too don't want to see them put in a position where they have to roll off 13 straight wins just to be sent somewhere else.

For some reason I never thought this bad start would occur this season. Last year was different, they lost tons of scoring and the injury bug was as bad as I've seen on any team. I thought that experience they received last year would help them tremendously. Hopefully things turn around tonight.

Since the 3-0 win at SCSU this team had IMO 5 consecutive poor performances prior to last night. They played much much better overall last night but turnovers, breakdowns continue to plague and cost them. Then throw in Clark's worst game of the year and you get a "L" in probably your best played overall game to date. Tonight's a big one especially with DU coming to town next weekend. Don't think you want to be on a 3 game skid heading into that series!

Clark is the guy if this team is going to go anywhere in March. I would put him back in net tonight and let him try to redeem himself from last night's disappointing effort.

Come on - we are way too talented to play like this at the start of the season. These starts are getting old. Get it done.

I hear ya. That second half push won't be there one of these seasons. A first half and second half push would be nice for once under Hak.