SiouxSports.com Forum

Holes to fill/fix for 2013

geaux_sioux

From the looks of last years class O line should be a priority because if I remember correctly there was only one OL in last years class. DL- I am pretty high on this Edwards kid at this point but after seeing our 3-4 in action I would be in favor of trying out a 4-3...meaning we need to hit DL hard as well.

Are the R FR QB's ready to play? If we pull a transfer in it better not be a guy like Bradley.

We could uses some better DB's..although I did like how Kennedy ans Lewis progressed throughout the year.

LB's need work all around...some of the guys who were supposes to be studs have become duds.

On second thought let's just focus on recruiting every position lol.

What's your take on this geaux_sioux, you know the roster better than anyone else here? Do you see any redshirts making an immediate impact, especially defensively?

Mike Edwards will be a force at DT. I thought he was by far the best one on the team that I saw in fall camp. Ryan Cain seems poised to take over a safety spot. Labat from what I hear is going to be a beast but who knows if he'll beat out the older lbs. Obviously Mollberg is the golden boy buy Bartels isn't much of a brides made. I think that will be a fierce competition by two very promising young qbs. Perhaps Taj Rich can be a play maker at olb since the guys this year did nothing. Carrothers from what I hear doesn't look like a fr and should contribute. Also there will be a new punter next year by default.

Tons of talent in that class but they need to make something of it and right the ship

Mike Edwards will be a force at DT. I thought he was by far the best one on the team that I saw in fall camp. Ryan Cain seems poised to take over a safety spot. Labat from what I hear is going to be a beast but who knows if he'll beat out the older lbs. Obviously Mollberg is the golden boy buy Bartels isn't much of a brides made. I think that will be a fierce competition by two very promising young qbs. Perhaps Taj Rich can be a play maker at olb since the guys this year did nothing. Carrothers from what I hear doesn't look like a fr and should contribute. Also there will be a new punter next year by default.

Tons of talent in that class but they need to make something of it and right the ship

By the looks of the recruiting websites Mitch Meindel looks to be a pretty good one.

That sounds promising, 2 DL, 2 LB, and a safety could go a long way in strengthing the defense back to where it should be, I'd like to see the shutdown run defense of 2 years ago and give the offense a chance to win some games, hard to watch a team go 4-6 when the offense is putting up over 30 points a game (excluding Mines).

Creating holes and giving the QB time is what it all breaks down too. It's the difference between Mollberg looking like Joe Montana or Joey Bradley.

I think Mollberg would pass for more TDs and yards than Bradley did if he didn't have an offensive line. Probably the worst QB I've ever seen at UND.

I think Mollberg would pass for more TDs and yards than Bradley did if he didn't have an offensive line. Probably the worst QB I've ever seen at UND.

Do you remember Darren Kelderman? JUCo transfer who threw for a million yards and a thousand TDs at an Iowa JC, played two series at UND in which he was sacked three times because he could not move in any direction and would throw only to a primary receiver. Big JUCo hype has never translated at QB.

Do you remember Darren Kelderman? JUCo transfer who threw for a million yards and a thousand TDs at an Iowa JC, played two series at UND in which he was sacked three times because he could not move in any direction and would throw only to a primary receiver. Big JUCo hype has never translated at QB.

I vaguely remember Kelderman. I seem to recall him playing when Dorso was injured, but not sure about that.

It appears Max Shortell of the Gophers is transferring. Any thoughts on the possibility UND might look at him?

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/250874/

Looks like he was a Sophomore this past year so he may not be interested in UND with the young QB's we have...

I doubt he wants to play at UND, but I definitely still think Mussman should pick up the phone and give Kill a call - its worth a shot.

Shortell hasn't graduated yet, has he?

The reason Braden Hanson could play right away is that he had graduated from UNC and had a year of eligibility left. Having graduated means he didn't have to sit out a transfer season.

I don't believe Shortell would be eligible right away on transfer anywhere (unless he's graduated from UMTC).

He could play right away if he transfers to an FCS school. FBS-->FCS= no year long wait.

Yep, this is correct. I just don't know that UND would be looking to bring in a QB who's going to be a junior since we have 2 sophomores. I would think they would be looking for a senior transfer or juco to provide the needed depth depth.

Yep, this is correct. I just don't know that UND would be looking to bring in a QB who's going to be a junior since we have 2 sophomores. I would think they would be looking for a senior transfer or juco to provide the needed depth depth.

They may be sophomores academically, but redshirt freshmen athletically. If he fits with the offensive scheme and his character meshes with the team and coaching staff, go after him. JC QB's too often don't work out.

They may be sophomores academically, but redshirt freshmen athletically. If he fits with the offensive scheme and his character meshes with the team and coaching staff, go after him. JC QB's too often don't work out.

I agree with that for next year, but Shortell would still have another season meaning Mohlberg or Bartles wouldn't play, unless they beat him out, until they are Seniors. I would doubt Shortell would come to UND if he didn't have a decent chance at being the starter since he is transferring from the U of M due to playing time issues.