SiouxSports.com Forum

SWSiouxMN

Perspective.

We lost a game that we should have won (by one point) against a very good team at home without arguably our best player on the floor, another big man in Traylor out with an injury, as well, and well, we know the story about Nash and the NCAA. The wins will come.

That makes me sick.

Shot free throws great tonight, but missing the last two cost them this game.

Not spotting the Jacks 10 points to start the game would have been nice too.

I thought after the first 4 minutes, the whole team played great tonight. Hopefully they are learning something from this game and the Hawaii game...................

Maybe the question should be: does UND play more as a team without Huff and Traylor?

The movement on offense and defense looked very precise.

Couldn't believe Archer and Wilmer tonight.

Feel horrible for Webb.

Didn't think we would win any of these four road games, and thought that this team would be demoralized. The loss doesn't help morale, but hopefully the team is starting to believe in themselves. I do now.

To sum up our 3 roads games

UNI: Awful: Looks like we are going to be a mess

Hawaii: 1st 15 minutes awful, next 25 minutes great. Almost pull off amazing comeback.

SDSU: First 3 minutes, sucked... Rest of the game: Amazing. Just painfully couldn't finish the job.

A few breaks and we get out of this road trip 2-1.

Time to keep the good and move on to next week as they finally come home to play UMKC. Take their frustrations out on them and then NDSU.

Never seen Nash play but why does everyone think he is such a savior. Has anybody ever looked at his stats? I have. He only averaged 10 pts per game for his junior college team (not D1). He shot 23% from 3 and only 44% from the line. Horrible numbers. He had 76 turnovers and only 51 assists. Next is Texas Tech where he only played 8 minutes a game for the worst team in the Big 12 and averaged only 2.5 pts/game. Shot 0% from 3 and only 28% from the free throw line. Again horrible numbers and he had 20 turnovers and only 2 assists. Yeah I would like to see him play but he has not had good numbers at either the JUCO level or D1 level. Yes he should help but he obviously needs work. Right now this team is playing hard and taking great shots for the most part. We lost by 30+ to this same team last year and less Huff we lost on a buzzer beater. These players are beginning to play better as a team than they have for the past 2 years. Players are stepping up and I am for one glad to see a better balance of shots and scoring. Schuler and others are stepping it up.

Never seen Nash play but why does everyone think he is such a savior. Has anybody ever looked at his stats? I have. He only averaged 10 pts per game for his junior college team (not D1). He shot 23% from 3 and only 44% from the line. Horrible numbers. He had 76 turnovers and only 51 assists. Next is Texas Tech where he only played 8 minutes a game for the worst team in the Big 12 and averaged only 2.5 pts/game. Shot 0% from 3 and only 28% from the free throw line. Again horrible numbers and he had 20 turnovers and only 2 assists. Yeah I would like to see him play but he has not had good numbers at either the JUCO level or D1 level. Yes he should help but he obviously needs work. Right now this team is playing hard and taking great shots for the most part. We lost by 30+ to this same team last year and less Huff we lost on a buzzer beater. These players are beginning to play better as a team than they have for the past 2 years. Players are stepping up and I am for one glad to see a better balance of shots and scoring. Schuler and others are stepping it up.

Why do you think people are anoiting Nash savior? No one has. We may be curious as to what a former Big 12 forward can do for us, but no one has crowned him the second coming. My big reason for wanting him in the line up has less to do with his box score than it does with the minutes he could provide to spell some of our other bigs who are continually getting knocked around in the paint and collecting 3 fouls before the first half is even over.

That's why Nash's presence would be important IMHO.

Maybe the question should be: does UND play more as a team without Huff and Traylor?

The movement on offense and defense looked very precise.

Couldn't believe Archer and Wilmer tonight.

Feel horrible for Webb.

Didn't think we would win any of these four road games, and thought that this team would be demoralized. The loss doesn't help morale, but hopefully the team is starting to believe in themselves. I do now.

I do think we definately play more as a team cause we have to. However, we do need Huff and what he brings as long as he takes good shots and doesnt try to do to much. Traylor will be a force once he gets more time and I think he is a team player from what I've seen so far. I also believe the Big Sky we will do just fine.

Don't think anyone sees him as an offensive weapon, as he's more of a defensive stopper that will be needed sometimes.

If Nash's appeal isn't granted, they should at least appeal for a sixth season. The NCAA makes up the rules as they go: any rule change is not ethical until next season. The NCAA protects its wealthier schools, and was just helping make a statement to prevent more departures at Texas Tech. Nash would win if he took it to court.

There is no way this team is better without Huff and Traylor. Absurd for you people to truly believe that. A guy gets hurt, we stay in a close game, now we're starting a conversation such as "this team doesn't need Huff". You guys have know idea what basketball is. We can win the big sky without Huff in the lineup. Let's not forget we also beat a SDSU team last year at home, with Huff in the lineup. As far as Traylor...you guys are going to judge his talent and say we don't need him, because of a close game. Ludicrous!

There is no way this team is better without Huff and Traylor. Absurd for you people to truly believe that. A guy gets hurt, we stay in a close game, now we're starting a conversation such as "this team doesn't need Huff". You guys have know idea what basketball is. We can win the big sky without Huff in the lineup. Let's not forget we also beat a SDSU team last year at home, with Huff in the lineup. As far as Traylor...you guys are going to judge his talent and say we don't need him, because of a close game. Ludicrous!

Don't get your panties in a bunch, as I didn't say that. I asked the question if the team is more cohesive without him. Clearly it has less talent with both Huff and Traylor.

UND outplayed them for 35 of 40 minutes and actually looked like a team tonight. The win would have been great but I was more impressed with the play at both ends for UND tonight. Not impressed with SDSU at all. Is that the best team in the Summit?

sdsu and ndsu are the class of the summit. they were the only teams to receive preseason first place votes.