SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU game

geaux_sioux

Let's give them a shootout then!

The MSU game was embarrasing to say the least but it is time to move on. I am excited to see these guys in person and to see if they come out with a chip on their shoulder.

If they lay an egg against SUU this weekend I will then begin to call for change in the program.

Dude, Really? the bye caused you to get beat by 40+, Twice??

Had nothing to do with talent and execution.

Coming off of a bye week is a massive advantage for any team. Combine that with a better MSU team on a mission after giving a game to EWU and an inexplicably flat and pathetic performance by UND and you've got a recipe for an ass kicking. So yes, the bye week had something to do with it, if you disagree then you 1. didn't play the game at a high level and 2. are too much of a homer to realize that more goes into a game than just what your team does.

And.........over-react much? ? ? ? ? ?

Coming off of a bye week is a massive advantage for any team. Combine that with a better MSU team on a mission after giving a game to EWU and an inexplicably flat and pathetic performance by UND and you've got a recipe for an ass kicking. So yes, the bye week had something to do with it, if you disagree then you 1. didn't play the game at a high level and 2. are too much of a homer to realize that more goes into a game than just what your team does.

And.........over-react much? ? ? ? ? ?

I did play the game at a fairly high level. (If scout team and special teams counts :) )

I just think your use of the bye as a primary excuse is a little over the top. (On multiple threads) Now the injuries, that may be another story.

We got healed up and you came in banged up. If you would have explained it in those terms maybe i wouldn't have "overreacted".

I did play the game at a fairly high level. (If scout team and special teams counts :) )

I just think your use of the bye as a primary excuse is a little over the top. (On multiple threads) Now the injuries, that may be another story.

We got healed up and you came in banged up. If you would have explained it in those terms maybe i wouldn't have "overreacted".

Just read my other posts about the game, the whole bye week thing is way down on the list in terms of why we got our asses kicked. It makes a big difference but not as big as things like having a soft team that can't tackle.

This should be a good game, Sorenson is good but his line is subpar and he has to throw everything quick, if he had time in the pocket he would kill teams. UND better get after him better than they have lately or he will pick them apart.

It's all cool Geaux. No hard feelings as I know you're hurtin right now. I look forward to this renewed rivalry.

The Sky should have added ALL the Dakota schools 10 years ago when we had the chance!

It will be renewed as soon as UND can compete. Next year could be it...

I agree, lets bounce back and send these guys out the right way. Anyone who puts the time in deserves to go out on top. I'll be very disappointed if we play flat this week. Not a better day than senior day for these guys to lead and every one else to follow and make some plays. No excuses this week.

Southern Utah comes into Grand Forks fresh off a win vs. #1 Eastern Washington.

Offensive rankings:

Total offense- 363 yds/gm (67th)

Passing offense- 283 yds/gm (16th)

Rushing offense- 80 yds/gm (115th)

Defensive rankings:

Total defense- 443 yds/gm (103rd)

Passing defense- 264 yds/gm- (108th)

Rushing defense- 178 yds/gm- (86th)

It may sound callous, but we just can't stop anybody. Our defense - simply - is not good.

That's not a knock on players that have given their time and represented UND to the best of their abilities - it's a statistical fact.

Who knows - maybe this is the week they turn it around. Heck - I'll bet UNDER the 540.

Per Tom Miller- Darren Deneui is out for the year. Kleason may come back.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Worth bringing Kleason back for two games? He was our best o-linemen last year. While I am sure he is chomping at the bit to get back out and play, I'd love to have him for a full season if a medical redshirt is possible.

Per Tom Miller- Darren Deneui is out for the year. Kleason may come back.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Worth bringing Kleason back for two games? He was our best o-linemen last year. While I am sure he is chomping at the bit to get back out and play, I'd love to have him for a full season if a medical redshirt is possible.

If Kleason red-shirted voluntarily his freshman year, it's doubtful he would be eligible for a sixth year.

If Kleason red-shirted voluntarily his freshman year, it's doubtful he would be eligible for a sixth year.

Thanks for the help on that. I guess I don't really know the rules behind a medical redshirt. I assumed he could apply since an injury kept him sidelined since before fall camp but did not know how that worked.

Also. I believe if he is medically cleared to play that takes away the medical red shirt opportunity? I think we went through the same thing in hockey with Genoway a couple years ago.

What if the coaches get a crazy idea and give pj sparks a chance to run a bit? Id be for it. Nothing to lose at this point, let the kid show what he's got.

How much has Jer been able to show what he has? One carry in 5 games doesn't cut it. Sparks did well in a game against SD Mines.

Not much of a game.

Thanks for the help on that. I guess I don't really know the rules behind a medical redshirt. I assumed he could apply since an injury kept him sidelined since before fall camp but did not know how that worked.

It's pretty complicated. From what I understand, Colton Heagle could take a medical hardship since he didn't redshirt. Also, Zach Vraa may be eligible for a sixth year since injuries kept him from playing two years. He was seriously considered to have his redshirt pulled his true freshman year but broke his collarbone. He also had collarbone injuries last year which caused him to miss all but one game. But from what I understand anytime a sixth year is involved it's pretty rare for a medical hardship to be granted.