SiouxSports.com Forum

If the Playoffs Were Today: Bracketology-Oct 8th

Matt

With the major exception of UND not being in it, I wouldn't mind seeing this scenario. We would find out how good the BSC, and the AC, really is. The AC would have the potential to play a BSC team in every playoff game, including the title.

http://www.sportsnet...FCS_Bracket.pdf

It would've been great to have UND where Montana is on those brackets.

Am I seeing 5 teams from the Big Sky listed and only 2 from MV - how can this happen - the southern experts will tell you Big Sky is a "weaker" conference - heads will explode.

To be fair, South Dakota State and Montana should probably be switched. At least given what each has shown thus far this season. But I agree the Big Sky is much stronger than Moo U blowhards will admit. Granted I'm still not sure whether there is anybody in the Sky who will be able to take down the Cows in the playoffs.

Edit: Illinois State could also have an argument to get in, although probably not over any of the other Big Sky teams currently listed (other than Montana).

Am I seeing 5 teams from the Big Sky listed and only 2 from MV - how can this happen - the southern experts will tell you Big Sky is a "weaker" conference - heads will explode.

most bison people are pretty high on the good sky teams, its just that the depth doesn't really seem to be very impressive. Also, UNI scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.

During playoff time, assuming we will not be in, I will become a Big Sky in general fan. The bizun got theirs last year; and for the record I was leaning for them then.

Brace yourself because they are likely going to add another this year and yet another next year.

most bison people are pretty high on the good sky teams, its just that the depth doesn't really seem to be very impressive. Also, UNI scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.

Are you implying that Bison fans think the depth of the MVFC is better than the Big Sky. If so what would support that theory?

Are you implying that Bison fans think the depth of the MVFC is better than the Big Sky. If so what would support that theory?

Don't bother. Since the BSC declined to invite them, the BSC has been known as the "Big Fluffy". 5 different BSC teams could win the title in the next 5 years and they would still consider the conference top heavy.
  • Upvote 1

Many point to the wide-open(in some folks opinion, soft) style of play as well as the fact that the 2010 Herd was 7-4(all four losses in the Valley), dominated Montana State(Co-Champ) and gave EWU all they could handle before an interesting series of events in the late 4th quarter/OT. Those two games really hurt the Sky perception to a lot of people that I know.

Many point to the wide-open(in some folks opinion, soft) style of play as well as the fact that the 2010 Herd was 7-4(all four losses in the Valley), dominated Montana State(Co-Champ) and gave EWU all they could handle before an interesting series of events in the late 4th quarter/OT. Those two games really hurt the Sky perception to a lot of people that I know.

I thought moral victories don't count?

What about what happened to UNI in Montana last year?

Basing an opinion about an entire conference on 2 individual football games in a single year shows a real lack of objectivity and a lack of credibility. It is another example of NDSU fans holding a grudge. The attitude isn't based on reality, it is based on the hurt feelings of a group of individuals that can't get over perceived slights their favorite school received almost a decade ago. It is yet another reason to take the opinions of NDSU fans with a grain of salt on many things.
  • Upvote 2

What would support it is the MVFC is the #1 ranked conference by both major polls with the MVFC averaging a 130 ranking with 10 team over a 143 average ranking with 13 teams over the Big Sky