SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Manitoba - gameday

AZSIOUX

Consider this an experimental year. We'll certainly be open to switching to the interlocking ND next season. Hey, at least the casual TV viewer will always know where the game is being played :)

Jason - thanks for you willingness to come on the board and address some of the items raised by some of the viewers.

We appreciate all your efforts.

Jason do you know when the app will be available so that we can watch the UND Insider account games on the IPhone.

I have an app on my iPhone that allows me to watch Through These Doors, full games played at home( usually avaiable the next day) after game Q&A with players and Hak. I got it in the Apple App store... It was a one time 4.99 charge. Mine has a Sioux logo on my phones home screen.But I think now it has just the interlocking ND. It works great!

I have an app on my iPhone that allows me to watch Through These Doors, full games played at home( usually avaiable the next day) after game Q&A with players and Hak. I got it in the Apple App store... It was a one time 4.99 charge. Mine has a Sioux logo on my phones home screen.But I think now it has just the interlocking ND. It works great!

It's a $4.99 charge for the entire year. It is not a "One Time" charge. To have the same functionality of the app for next years season '12 -'13, you'll have to upgrade the app again and you'll need to pay $3.99.

I used the app last year, it worked fantastic. I have yet to shell out the $3.99 to get the full functionality out of the app for this current season, though. I'll probably uprgrade and pay the fee eventually.

Can you tell me the name of the app. I have a UND app but it did not work for signing into the game live. The app I have cost to upgrade $3.99 and has the UND logo also. With this app I can watch the video on demand but did not see a way to sign in to the "UND Insider" live stream. I understand that a stream app is being developed and would like to know if it is now developed or when it will be finished in development.

I have the free UND Sports app but I would certainly upgrade if it means I can watch videos. I didn't think the UNDSports.com videos could play on an iPhone since Apple doesn't support flash media.

I have the free UND Sports app but I would certainly upgrade if it means I can watch videos. I didn't think the UNDSports.com videos could play on an iPhone since Apple doesn't support flash media.

It "re-formats??" it to be played on iPhone. I've had the app now for around 2 years and have only payed once for it.(it's the only app I've EVER paid money for) and I'm still able to watch interviews and the "on- demand" games.

Can you tell me the name of the app. I have a UND app but it did not work for signing into the game live. The app I have cost to upgrade $3.99 and has the UND logo also. With this app I can watch the video on demand but did not see a way to sign in to the "UND Insider" live stream. I understand that a stream app is being developed and would like to know if it is now developed or when it will be finished in development.

I am not able to watch live games...(I don't think) with the app I have. I just tried looking for it in the App store and couldn't find it... It was a free version I started with, then upgraded. I don't remember if I found a link on fightingsioux.com a while ago or what. But I tried looking for it again and nothing with the Sioux logo in the app store.

Thanks for the info, letsSIOUXum.

Wisconsin Sioux, if you search 'UND Sports' it should come up.

EDIT: UNDSports.com has links to online apps (Apple, Android)

http://www.undsports...SCRIBER_CONTENT=

I just downloaded that app.... That ones way different then mine. Mine even still says "powered by Fightingsioux.com". And has a Sioux logo in the background of every page I go to.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Associate AD/External Operations Kyle Doperalski and myself had a very productive meeting this afternoon with Mark Powell of Midcontinent Communciations. Several things were discussed, including all viewer feedback we have received regarding Saturday's broadcast. Among those issues:

1. The scoreboard graphic. This will be raised higher on the screen, and you should notice the difference during Friday's broadcast. It had been placed a little bit too low on last Saturday's broadcast.

2. Picture quality. Midco is still looking into this one. This seemed to be an issue for those viewing on FOX College Sports, who complained that the picture was too dark. Those who watched on Midco SN did not have those same picture problems, so it may be an issue on the satellite feed. I watched a replay on one of the FCS channels last night and it was indeed very dark. However, when I watched via on-demand on UNDSports.com earlier in the week, it was just fine. Some watching on FCS also complained about video and audio not being properly synched together. Again, the powers-that-be at Midco are looking into the problem.

3. Other. There were some other changes you may notice going forward. Intermission interviews will occur a few minutes earlier into the break. TV timeouts during the period will also be shorter in length (60 seconds instead of 90). Coach Hakstol will also be a guest on the post-game show immediately following each game.

There is no doubt in my mind that Midco is committed to producing the best possible broadcasts for UND Athletics. This was only reinforced after today's meeting. Mr. Powell also reiterated their commitment to converting to HD for the 2014-15 season (but as I've said before, cross your fingers for 2013-14).

We're also hoping to have some more good news on the television front in the coming days, but it's too premature to say anything more at this time.

Hopefully you notice some positive changes as soon as Friday's men's hockey broadcast. As always, keep the feedback coming.

Thanks Jayson - really appreciate the responsiveness on chasing this feedback and your post here. I wasn't personally impacted by the changes, but there definitely appears to be lots to look forward to (HD, aggressively chasing improvement opp's, quality improvements, etc.). Good to know that you and the Midco team have a strong relationship and are both interested in continuing to improve the experience.Excited to see what comes next, but mostly just excited to get into hockey season!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Associate AD/External Operations Kyle Doperalski and myself had a very productive meeting this afternoon with Mark Powell of Midcontinent Communciations. Several things were discussed, including all viewer feedback we have received regarding Saturday's broadcast. Among those issues:

1. The scoreboard graphic. This will be raised higher on the screen, and you should notice the difference during Friday's broadcast. It had been placed a little bit too low on last Saturday's broadcast.

2. Picture quality. Midco is still looking into this one. This seemed to be an issue for those viewing on FOX College Sports, who complained that the picture was too dark. Those who watched on Midco SN did not have those same picture problems, so it may be an issue on the satellite feed. I watched a replay on one of the FCS channels last night and it was indeed very dark. However, when I watched via on-demand on UNDSports.com earlier in the week, it was just fine. Some watching on FCS also complained about video and audio not being properly synched together. Again, the powers-that-be at Midco are looking into the problem.

3. Other. There were some other changes you may notice going forward. Intermission interviews will occur a few minutes earlier into the break. TV timeouts during the period will also be shorter in length (60 seconds instead of 90). Coach Hakstol will also be a guest on the post-game show immediately following each game.

There is no doubt in my mind that Midco is committed to producing the best possible broadcasts for UND Athletics. This was only reinforced after today's meeting. Mr. Powell also reiterated their commitment to converting to HD for the 2014-15 season (but as I've said before, cross your fingers for 2013-14).

We're also hoping to have some more good news on the television front in the coming days, but it's too premature to say anything more at this time.

Hopefully you notice some positive changes as soon as Friday's men's hockey broadcast. As always, keep the feedback coming.

That's great Jayson. Thanks.

Jason,

Thanks for the updates the desire to make it right is impressive.

Really looking forward to the improvements....and the coming announcements....

And the next step is :

SENDING FARGO BACK IT'S HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAY BY PLAY MAN!!!!!!

HAMMERS A WEENIE........WE WANT SWEENEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I don't understand the urgency to throw Hammer under the bus after one game. For those of you complaining, I'm wondering if you also feel your boss should have evaluated you based on your first day on the job? Sweeney was just fine but if you went back and looked at his early years I don't remember him being a "Gary Thorne" behind the microphone. So, unless Gary is waiting in the wings to take the Sioux Hockey gig, I think we should all give it a rest for a year or two.

One request I would have Jason is.....once you get the beer prices lowered and senior discount in place, could you also do something about gas prices? In addition to that, it's been getting a little too cold in central Minnesota also. I realize that I might have to go to a higher authority than you for the weather issue, but some of us like to have things to complain about. :tinfoilhat:

• Upvote 3

It's not that Dan Hammer was SOOOOO bad in one game.

Its that Dan Hammer has been SO SO SO SO bad for years on end no matter what sport he calls.

If he hasnt gotten better over all these years why should he be tossed into the mix when there was such a long standing tradition and knowledgeable asset in Sweeney already there.

As far as hockey goes id say Dan's knowledge base resides somewhere south of quantum physics knowledge,

He isnt being tossed under a bus, and if he were, he'd just start doing play by play off the event and the driver would lose interest and fall asleep.

I don't understand the urgency to throw Hammer under the bus after one game. For those of you complaining, I'm wondering if you also feel your boss should have evaluated you based on your first day on the job? Sweeney was just fine but if you went back and looked at his early years I don't remember him being a "Gary Thorne" behind the microphone. So, unless Gary is waiting in the wings to take the Sioux Hockey gig, I think we should all give it a rest for a year or two.

One request I would have Jason is.....once you get the beer prices lowered and senior discount in place, could you also do something about gas prices? In addition to that, it's been getting a little too cold in central Minnesota also. I realize that I might have to go to a higher authority than you for the weather issue, but some of us like to have things to complain about. :tinfoilhat:

Id also like to point out that your pro DAN comment was your 666th post......coincidence ...I think not ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree with this too! Where can we start bitching about this, so that they can fix this issue? I prefer the interlocking ND logo to be used!!!

Who agrees with me? :)

Uuuuum having the interlocking ND on center ice would offend me, im never gonna say why it would im just going to say it would so it cant happen. Yes I was being sarcastic considering I never actually heard any reasons why a certain schools mascot or logo was considered hostile and abusive, it just was. Yes im still bitter like a lot of people are!

• Upvote 1

Jason,

Thanks for the updates the desire to make it right is impressive.

Really looking forward to the improvements....and the coming announcements....

And the next step is :

SENDING FARGO BACK IT'S HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAY BY PLAY MAN!!!!!!

HAMMERS A WEENIE........WE WANT SWEENEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it up already.

• Upvote 1