SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Not sure how much playing time he'll find in London

Via Schlossman: London has 2 of the top 6 goalies in the OHL in GAA. Both have started 20+ games

Oh....right. He was probaby a headcase in the classroom and he's getting the wrong advice.

Not a necessary comment.

...ouch. What I was trying to say was....school probably isn't his thing and/or he might have been getting bad advice (from someone). I was agreeing with misssioux that London does, indeed, have 2 other solid goalies...making his decision odd.

Sorry for using the work "headcase" maybe I should have said he isn't the "school type".

Its tough to beat the gophers at home but I am looking to see how they do when they have to travel on the road and play the meater part of the schedule.

If I have looked at their schedule correctly the gophers shouldn't have to take a plane to any of their series the remainder of the regular season. Plus they had the benefit of playing the number 1 and 3 teams in the country at home and only for 1 game series.

Its tough to beat the gophers at home but I am looking to see how they do when they have to travel on the road and play the meater part of the schedule.

If I have looked at their schedule correctly the gophers shouldn't have to take a plane to any of their series the remainder of the regular season. Plus they had the benefit of playing the number 1 and 3 teams in the country at home and only for 1 game series.

I agree, UND will need to play its best on the 18th & 19th....but I feel they will. With Rocco and Parks back I feel we match up with them real well. If we play extremely well in our own zone...we will win both those games.

I agree, UND will need to play its best on the 18th & 19th....but I feel they will. With Rocco and Parks back I feel we match up with them real well. If we play extremely well in our own zone...we will win both those games.

I don't care how well we play, we are not going to win both games. A UND sweep in Minneapolis is extremely rare, even in those years where we had great teams and the gophs were down.

We do have the ability to go down there and steal one, which is what I think we need to do if we want to keep our chances alive for the Mac.

Minnesota is a very dangerous team right now. They are playing well, they are playing with a lot of confidence and swagger, and they'll be playing on the big rink. The fans will be jacked up Friday for the start of this big series, and will probably have the added bonus of the excitement of Hockey Day in Minnesota on Saturday, and the start of the Wild season.

Right now the Gophers are looking like the best team in the country which is what I thought they were before the season started. It's tough to picture them getting swept at home but I guess it's possible. Should be a great series and I predict a split.

Right now the Gophers are looking like the best team in the country which is what I thought they were before the season started. It's tough to picture them getting swept at home but I guess it's possible. Should be a great series and I predict a split.

No question the gophers are good this year but I guess we will see how it unfolds. I have my opinions on the matter and I am guessing they don't match yours so I will keep them to myself.

Can one of the Gopher fans lurking around here tell me the ranked teams the Gophers have played? I had their record against ranked teams retweeted on my twitter and I'm curious how they came up with that record.

This was copied, and pasted from the Gophersports.com preview....

Gophers Against Ranked Foes

Tuesday marks Minnesota's eighth game this year against a nationally ranked opponent (6-1-1) and second-straight against a top-five program. The Gophers opened the season with a two-game sweep over No. 16 Michigan State (Oct. 12-13), split a pair of 3-2 league games with No. 13/14 Omaha (Nov. 30-Dec. 1) and picked up three league points at No. 19 Colorado College (Dec. 7-8) before topping No. 1 Boston College 8-1 on Dec. 30.

They clearly were not playing like the best team before Christmas, but appear to have put it together over the break. The potential difference for them this year is that they do not have a lot of freshmen playing key roles that typically hit the wall about 3/4 of the way through the season. Still, their only major challenge might be to ensure they don't flame out by peaking too early.

This was copied, and pasted from the Gophersports.com preview....

Gophers Against Ranked Foes

Tuesday marks Minnesota's eighth game this year against a nationally ranked opponent (6-1-1) and second-straight against a top-five program. The Gophers opened the season with a two-game sweep over No. 16 Michigan State (Oct. 12-13), split a pair of 3-2 league games with No. 13/14 Omaha (Nov. 30-Dec. 1) and picked up three league points at No. 19 Colorado College (Dec. 7-8) before topping No. 1 Boston College 8-1 on Dec. 30.

Further proof that the 'ranked teams' notation is bs...that #16 Spartan team that Minnesota throttled is currently 5-12-3 on the season.