SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

So here is my question, is Michigan Tech better, I believe they are. However, UND beat them pretty soundly a few weeks ago... so, is the CCHA not that good this season?

It's not the CCHA that's not good this year...it's specifically Michigan State and Michigan.

So here is my question, is Michigan Tech better, I believe they are. However, UND beat them pretty soundly a few weeks ago... so, is the CCHA not that good this season?

I think Tech is getting better slowly. Look at Michigan Tech and Michigan records this season (Michigan Tech is 6-10-3; Michigan 7-10-2). Two of the big boys in the CCHA are playing sub-par this season, I think Michigan and Michigan State would be below Michigan Tech if they were in the WCHA.

Another one bites the dust

Usually one of these 2 reasons...grades or playing time and its usually the latter. Did he even play vs BU?

Linked article said he played in all 19 of Denver's games. If he didn't play v. BU, must have told Gwoz already.

Another one bites the dust

Usually one of these 2 reasons...grades or playing time and its usually the latter. Did he even play vs BU?

Looks like he's been playing all season so far.

Linked article said he played in all 19 of Denver's games. If he didn't play v. BU, must have told Gwoz already.

He played against BU

I haven't seen this many kids bolt in quite some time. London has tons of NHL scouts and great media coverage/exposure, plus their team is very good. Maybe he thinks he will get noticed more.

Or maybe they promised him the moon, like they always do. I hope it works out for him, but a lot of kids get burned by the CHL and their over-the-top promises of NHL success.

I know UND probably keeps track of ice time but I really wish NCAA hockey did that like they do in every other hockey league. Could potentially help a lot with breaking down situations like this but would be nice in general to have access to.

Mermis profile

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=124561

Or maybe they promised him the moon, like they always do. I hope it works out for him, but a lot of kids get burned by the CHL and their over-the-top promises of NHL success.

Maybe...but I believe many of those teams are under the microscope after Portland and that other team finally were caught cheating.

I also wonder if there is a deal in place for his brother. He got a scholarship to DU pretty much based solely on the premise of Dakota following him there. With his brother being benched most of the year, it may have helped push them both to the OHL.

Does anyone know or have a decent idea of how many Minnesota/ North Dakota kids are playing in any major junior league? Wasn't there a big time prospect from crookston that went mj?? I know it doesn't happen often but there are a handful that do.

Does anyone know or have a decent idea of how many Minnesota/ North Dakota kids are playing in any major junior league? Wasn't there a big time prospect from crookston that went mj?? I know it doesn't happen often but there are a handful that do.

From www.kroxam.com: "Paul Bittner is playing professional hockey for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL in Portland, Oregon. The Winterhawks were off last week." Bittner was a freshman last year.

Looks like BC lost a player last weekend for 3 months due to injury. Patch Alber out 3 months after tearing knee and get this he hurt it playing soccer prior to the UAH game last weekend at the Mooch classic. Tough way to lose a player. http://www.collegeho...onths_after.php They say he would be able to come back for the Frozen Four if BC makes it.

@Russostrib: #gophers coach Don Lucia says Erik Haula will likely be out at least the next 3 games; maybe returning vs. North Dakota

Word/Rumor is broken or fractured finger... Or that's what I saw on line.

its too bad faison sold out for some sheety tv deal... nbc sports is awesome... im talking this year not text year... pierre mcguire and doc emerick pimping nebraska omaha and tlak about its a tough place to play sickens me.. faison has a tv contract in place that blocks nbc sports from ever coming here... what a crock