SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

Based on the defenses season of work so far we should have no shot in this game. As others have stated though I just have a feeling a different UND team is going to show up. We seem to play better on the road and I don't know if our offensive struggles from last week will linger. I just keep thinking our offense is going to show up and our defense is going to create a couple timely turnovers similar to Sac. St.. I think this is the week Daryl Brown shows up. UND is going to have a chance late and capitalize and the difference will be Zeb Miller.

Based on the defenses season of work so far we should have no shot in this game. As others have stated though I just have a feeling a different UND team is going to show up. We seem to play better on the road and I don't know if our offensive struggles from last week will linger. I just keep thinking our offense is going to show up and our defense is going to create a couple timely turnovers similar to Sac. St.. I think this is the week Daryl Brown shows up. UND is going to have a chance late and capitalize and the difference will be Zeb Miller.

Only if Zeb actually gets his kick off the ground will he make an impact. That last fg was wayyyy too low.

A blocked fg on our end will go a long way toward pumping the team up on Saturday. The d always comes out on fire the next series after a block.

I am still wondering what kind of team we have.

Are we a team that found a way to let Portland State come close to forcing overtime, could have lost to Sac State if the defense didn't have a lot of luck on their side, and lost to Cal Poly at home with a porous defense?

Or are we a team that came very close to blowing the Portland State game wide open, dominated Sac State in the second half, and was driving for the winning score against Cal Poly midway into the 4th quarter?

Hopefully we get a positive answer to this question this weekend!

Only if Zeb actually gets his kick off the ground will he make an impact. That last fg was wayyyy too low.

A blocked fg on our end will go a long way toward pumping the team up on Saturday. The d always comes out on fire the next series after a block.

Uhh, I hate making excuses, but the fact that the snap was caught well above Blair Townsend's might just have an effect on a 40 plus yard field goal attempts timing. Zeb's been pretty good to us more often than not...I'm at least willing to give him a pass on that one. It's one thing if he drives it too low on a 25 yard chip shot and the snap was perfect, but again I think we should remain confident in what Zeb brings to the table.

Uhh, I hate making excuses, but the fact that the snap was caught well above Blair Townsend's might just have an effect on a 40 plus yard field goal attempts timing. Zeb's been pretty good to us more often than not...I'm at least willing to give him a pass on that one. It's one thing if he drives it too low on a 25 yard chip shot and the snap was perfect, but again I think we should remain confident in what Zeb brings to the table.

I agree. The snap was high and it obviously affected the timing of the kick. Pretty much everyone sitting around me at the game had the same opinion. The longer the kick, the less room for error.

We are about halfway through the season. We already know which team is showing up. We can pretend we don't, but we do. A solid, efficient offense that can score points. The entire league knows that. The book is out on this defense now too. They could fake it to start the season because there wasn't much tape on them to start the season, but there is plenty of film out there now on this squad.

Near the bottom half of the league in sacks, tackles for loss, total defense. Middle of the pack at creating turnovers, scoring defense, and vs the pass. Only team worse against the run is Idaho St.

That puts a lot of pressure on the O to be next to perfect every game. Fortunately, this Eastern matchup is more favorable. Unfortunately, it's on the road. I like Eastern 41-36

The season's outcome from this point forward will be determined by improvement; if the team plays the way they did last week versus teams like Eastern and MSU, they will all be loses and we will be sitting home for the playoffs. Have to see improvement in the area of turnovers and rushing defense if we are to make a run at this thing. Good news is those sorts of things are largely mental, so improvement from one week to the next is very plausible.

Predictions for the game:

Kaufman has 123 rec yards

UND rushes for 300 yards

UND has 2 INTS and 5 sacks

Greg Hardin returns to form

Block Party

Both teams score 25+

Jackson has a big game

EWU runs for 125 yards

300 rush yards is pushing it, but I think they'll have a good day running the ball, and that bodes well for North Dakota.

I would find 5 sacks difficult to believe given that I think we have 5 on the entire season.

I expect Hardin, Jackson, and Golladay to have good days. All of the recieving corps will. What is the status of RJ McGill?

Both teams will score over 40............

Golladay will have his break out game.

We get one sack, and can't keep EWU under 45 points.

Miller returns to form at running back and scores on a long run.

EWU quarterback rushes for 70+ yards.

Hanson won't play yet and EWU makes our quarterback look bad by interfering with the timing on the routes. ( (I really hope I am wrong about this one.)

EWU 48 - UND 31

Predictions for the game:

Kaufman has 123 rec yards

UND rushes for 300 yards

UND has 2 INTS and 5 sacks

Greg Hardin returns to form

Block Party

Both teams score 25+

Jackson has a big game

EWU runs for 125 yards

FWIW...

Kaufman hasn't had less than 131 yards yet this season.

Despite giving up 407 rushing to UM, in 4 games we're still giving up only 180 rushing per game. I could see UND getting between 150-250, but probably not any more than that, especially considering UND will throw a lot more than UM was willing to.

EWU has only given up 5 INTs (1.25 per game), and 6 sacks (1.5 per game). The 2 picks are feasible, but I highly doubt UND gets more than 2 sacks, considering they only have 7 in 5 games (1.4 per game).

Hardin will more than likely get his yards.

I don't think we've been blocked at all this year. We dropped a punt snap, but we're perfect on FGs, and missed 2 PATs that were badly shanked. Perhaps one of them was blocked, I don't remember.

Both teams will definitely score 25+.

Don't know who Jackson is. I hope he doesn't have a good game. :D

EWU is averaging 140 on the ground, and UND is giving up 220 a game. Safe bet we run for over 150.

FWIW...

Kaufman hasn't had less than 131 yards yet this season.

Despite giving up 407 rushing to UM, in 4 games we're still giving up only 180 rushing per game. I could see UND getting between 150-250, but probably not any more than that, especially considering UND will throw a lot more than UM was willing to.

EWU has only given up 5 INTs (1.25 per game), and 6 sacks (1.5 per game). The 2 picks are feasible, but I highly doubt UND gets more than 2 sacks, considering they only have 7 in 5 games (1.4 per game).

Hardin will more than likely get his yards.

I don't think we've been blocked at all this year. We dropped a punt snap, but we're perfect on FGs, and missed 2 PATs that were badly shanked. Perhaps one of them was blocked, I don't remember.

Both teams will definitely score 25+.

Don't know who Jackson is. I hope he doesn't have a good game. :D

EWU is averaging 140 on the ground, and UND is giving up 220 a game. Safe bet we run for over 150.

Jackson is one of our really good fr wrs. He's 6'3" 240 and is having a nice season so far.

Call me crazy

Call me a homer

Call me unrealistic

UND 37

EWU 31

I don't know what it is today, but I just have a feeling that we will pull the upset.

Hardin comes back strong in this game, and Golliday has his little breakout party. Run game gets going again with Sutton and Miller running strong. Hendrickson and Hanson both perform well. Our Defense will still give up a few big plays, but will keep making some progress and frustrate that freshman QB.

Prediction:

A desperate and focused UND team will take care of business today. If the defense will ever have swagger this season they will show it today. The offense will be on point and the defense will make enough plays. EWU will also play well today so it will be a great game.

UND 45 EWU 38

Prediction:

A desperate and focused UND team will take care of business today. If the defense will ever have swagger this season they will show it today. The offense will be on point and the defense will make enough plays. EWU will also play well today so it will be a great game.

UND 45 EWU 38

No turnovers! If they protect the football, I'm with you.