SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 4 UND at Sac St

geaux_sioux

They have only played one FCS game and it happened to be against a pretty good team. You are right that they likely won't make the playoffs, but IMO it is because their strength of schedule was ridiculous to try and get the athletic department out of some financial woes.

Yet another example that makes the case for having too difficult of a schedule isn't a good thing.

NDSU is playing Montana and Montana St. as non conference in the next couple of years so your theory of NDSU not wanting to play UND non conference cause their conference schedule is too difficult and they don't want to play ranked teams doesn't hold much water. Both of those schools will likely be ranked at the time NDSU plays them.

NDSU is playing Montana and Montana St. as non conference in the next couple of years so your theory of NDSU not wanting to play UND non conference cause their conference schedule is too difficult and they don't want to play ranked teams doesn't hold much water. Both of those schools will likely be ranked at the time NDSU plays them.

It's not a theory homer, GT has openly stated that is his goal. I am not privy to the information that lead him to stray from that formula in those years.

Also, if NDSU ends up 7-4 either of those years and is left out of the playoffs, there will be a lot of second guessing about getting away from the way things are currently done.

Does anyone have an image or video of the catch by Jameer Jackson?

Did you get a chance to see it, Sic, when it happend on Big Sky TV? Wow. It was sick.

What an embarrassment of riches at WR we have and we get Oliver and Fletcher as redshirts freshmen next year and not lose anyone else.

I would be very concerned until you can hold a D1 team to less than 500 yards. I can't see your defense allowing you to get to 7 D1 wins, unless the Big Sky is really down this year.

Thank you for your concern, and thank you for your interest in UND football. If I were an NDSU fan I would be more concerned about having cupcakes on your teams schedule that you can beat by 60, and the fact that 10 players have a court date coming up in less than 2 weeks.

It's not a theory homer, GT has openly stated that is his goal. I am not privy to the information that lead him to stray from that formula in those years.

Also, if NDSU ends up 7-4 either of those years and is left out of the playoffs, there will be a lot of second guessing about getting away from the way things are currently done.

Also, if the Baltimore Orioles end the season 7-4 and is left out of the playoffs, there will be a lot of second guessing about getting away from the way things are currently done.

Montana State is undefeated and ranked number 2 in the country. They are down. Interesting

Have looked very average so far. Maybe just not playing well, who knows. Trouble with Drake? Shamwow.

I know how you guys love to break down records for what they really are:

UNI is 1-3 with no FCS wins and 3 moral victories. Indiana State is 2-2 with a D2 win and a non-schollie win - they really look "up".

Youngstown, NDSU and ISU-R all look good. The rest are all "muddled up" in the middle of the pack with Western Illinois, Missouri State and USD being doormats.

How is that any different from the Big Sky?

UNI is a good team without any doubt. Indiana State is up. Meaning better than they normally are. They are known for being no good.

Congrats on the win UND fans and best of luck the rest of the way. We killed ourselves with those 2 turnovers in the redzone and definitely left some points out on the field with those huge mistakes. Find a defense and you guys can make a run. Best of luck.

Thanks for the props. It was a fun game to watch and I believe if we do find a defense we could do some great things. You guys are close to having a really good team.

This also means a lot coming from a guy who wanted us kicked out of the Big Sky not too long ago ;) : http://sacstatesports.com/2011/12/17/big-sky-should-admit-north-dakota-mistake-let-fighting-sioux-go/

Congrats on the win UND fans and best of luck the rest of the way. We killed ourselves with those 2 turnovers in the redzone and definitely left some points out on the field with those huge mistakes. Find a defense and you guys can make a run. Best of luck.

Looks like you guys have a QB controversy now with the Nevada transfer looking good on that drive...

Thanks for the props. It was a fun game to watch and I believe if we do find a defense we could do some great things. You guys are close to having a really good team.

This also means a lot coming from a guy who wanted us kicked out of the Big Sky not too long ago ;) : http://sacstatesport...hting-sioux-go/

I still think it’s a financial burden for us (not necessarily the conference as a whole) to travel to UND, especially given the CA state budget problems (another tax increase is on the ballot this Nov :glare: ). The anti-UND sentiment was never from a dislike of anything UND (at least for me), just a bad geographical fit resulting in added strain on our dwindling resources (I couldn’t care less one way or another on the naming issue you guys faced but it sounds like that battle is over). With the WAC dying and Idaho potentially falling into the BSC’s lap I think a lot of those travel issues will get minimized with split divisions for the Oly sports. We’ll see how it plays out.

BTW Bradley has no connection with Hornet sports other than him trying to start up a website and make some money off of it. He ignored Hornet athletics for years while he was the head sports editor for the Sac Bee. :silly:

Looks like you guys have a QB controversy now with the Nevada transfer looking good on that drive...

We’ll see. I have no problem with the coaches swapping QB’s. Safron has looked progressively worse since our week 2 win over Colorado as can be seen from some of his poor decisions this past Saturday. I trust the coaches will start whoever they feel gives us the best shot at a win.

I still think it’s a financial burden for us (not necessarily the conference as a whole) to travel to UND, especially given the CA state budget problems (another tax increase is on the ballot this Nov :glare: ). The anti-UND sentiment was never from a dislike of anything UND (at least for me), just a bad geographical fit resulting in added strain on our dwindling resources (I couldn’t care less one way or another on the naming issue you guys faced but it sounds like that battle is over). With the WAC dying and Idaho potentially falling into the BSC’s lap I think a lot of those travel issues will get minimized with split divisions for the Oly sports. We’ll see how it plays out.

BTW Bradley has no connection with Hornet sports other than him trying to start up a website and make some money off of it. He ignored Hornet athletics for years while he was the head sports editor for the Sac Bee. :silly:

I know, I just wanted to give you a little crap :). I wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the way!