SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

He could do it pro-bono if he wanted, but I doubt Bruce is doing so. NCAA won't even look at that issue, because it isn't an issue. The NCAA has major nickname issues to deal with-->remember?!?!? :lol:

Quick was quoted that all the players paid themselves and paid his full rate.

From the Forum article:

Herman said the players were involved in a “reckless” enterprise, but he said they apparently weren’t aware of how seriously the adult public views election rules.

“I don’t think they were smart enough or grown up enough or sophisticated enough to understand” the process, he said.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/376144/

Even if he did it pro bono would not the NCAA have an issue as to why he gave them his services for free? Wouldn't that be a benefit not offered to other students because they play football?

It's probably the only way he did it, unless he cut them a fee deal, and I believe he is an 'su alum. But I'm not sure how closely the NC$$ would look at attorney representation in a criminal matter. Bruce makes them a deal, they take a plea and if they behave for a year they are clean enough to work for 'su. No costly jury trials, motions, etc.

He could do it pro-bono if he wanted, but I doubt Bruce is doing so. NCAA won't even look at that issue, because it isn't an issue. The NCAA has major nickname issues to deal with-->remember?!?!? :lol:

I thought the pro-bono deal was what Jemison got in trouble for.

• Upvote 3

From the Forum article:

Herman said the players were involved in a “reckless” enterprise, but he said they apparently weren’t aware of how seriously the adult public views election rules.

“I don’t think they were smart enough or grown up enough or sophisticated enough to understand” the process, he said.

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/376144/

Sick burn by the judge.... :ohmy:

From the Forum article:

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/376144/

Wait a minute. Aren't most of these guys at least 18 if not 21? By legal definition, they are adults. But these folks aren't part of the "adult public"? Pardon me Your Honor, but, what the ...

NDSU football:

- not smart

- not grown up

- not sophisticated

Saw a picture of the players all dressed up in the courthouse. I thought they would wear their Bison jerseys for sympathy. Hey, it works at the University, why not the courtroom?

Does the new bison jersey rock the pinstripes?

The NCAA would have a major issue if he did it pro bono, because that would definitely be something provided to an athlete that wouldn't be provided to an average student. That is, unless Bruce has a history of doing pro bono work for NDSU students. The nickname issues are dealt with as far as the NCAA is concerned, they are ready to move on to other issues.