SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Ojuri and Williams, based on Forum reporting of what is in the documents, have admitted what they are accused of, namely faking names on a petition.

Bohl said he'll wait to do something until after his players get their day in court.

How many days are they going to get in court? The possible answers are from 0 to 365*.

*In North Dakota, Class A misdemeanors carry a potential sentence of up to 1 year in jail and $2,000 in fines.

It also wasn't just a few signatures. 30-40% for one and about 50% for the other. I don't know how many days they worked, but that could add up to a lot of signatures.

If they admitted this to investigators (Ojuri and Williams respectively, per the Forum), I would assume they admitted it to Bohl as well. Seems like admission of guilt. Wasn't that the reasoning behind Jemison getting the boot right away? That there was evidence he was most likely guilty? To me, Bohl's "day in court" line holds even less water now.

I had heard this made the front page of espn.com earlier. Didn't see that, but it is definitely a top headline on ESPN's college football page.

Not sure if I missed this on the first reading or if it's an update, but it doesn't leave much wiggle room:

Also, documents obtained by The Associated Press show the company required petition circulators to sign a code of conduct promising not to engage in illegal activity while gathering signatures.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373568/group/homepage/

So they were told not to engage in illegal activity and given a statement saying that and they signed it. Now how they signed it is left to Answer Guy to speculate upon. ;):D

• Upvote 1

From the articles I am reading in the forum, they seem to make it pretty clear that no charges have been officially filed at this point in time. Does that dampen anyone's aggessiveness on getting these kids punished as fast as possible?

It certainly does for me. And yes I realize that Coach Bohl dismissed Jemison before any official charges were filed, but from my sources I understand that there was a conversation making Coach Bohl believe that it happened and charges would be filed very soon after. These kids may never be charged with a crime, should they still be punished?

Well, going off the article todayl, either Bohl didn't have that same conversation with these guys or more than likely he just overlooked it to have them elgible for this week. Article today made it pretty clear that all of them admitted the two stars of the team forged more or the same amount of signitures that they went out and got. I bet the punishment will be harsh- next week when the team is playing Pravie View A&M junior high.

It wouldn't surprise me if AD Taylor is the person adamantly against any suspensions. He desperately wants an FBS AD position and likely thinks continued on field success trumps a clean program. There are personality reasons he has been overlooked in the past and this will make it worse.

• Upvote 1

Hail the Bison?

Among those charged with violating North Dakota election law

ndsu-players.jpg

Have the GB Packers themed Monopoly game. Used a couple of these pics in the "Go to jail" box on the board. My girls are learning crime doesn't pay!

Say we're in Fargo and I offer you $100 to drive me by car to Grand Forks and have me there in the next 90 minutes. Reasonable work; good pay.

But say I spice it with this: if you get us there by car in under 45 minutes there's an extra $100 in it for you.

Now, you're driving us at a rate to get the bonus $100 and get pulled over by NDHP.

Who gets the speeding ticket?

Not me. ;)

My bonus offer may have been illegal but you didn't have to take it. You could've totally declined (not taken the job) or you could've driven a legal pace and made the $100.

You control your actions.

Say we're in Fargo and I offer you $100 to drive me by car to Grand Forks and have me there in the next 90 minutes. Reasonable work; good pay.

But say I spice it with this: if you get us there by car in under 45 minutes there's an extra $100 in it for you.

Now, you're driving us at a rate to get the bonus $100 and get pulled over by NDHP.

Who gets the speeding ticket?

Not me. ;)

My bonus offer may have been illegal but you didn't have to take it. You could've totally declined (not taken the job) or you could've driven a legal pace and made the $100.

You control your actions.

The sad part is that, unlike your scenario, it was possible for them to earn the bonus without doing anything illegal. They probably wouldn't have gotten the bonus every day, but you can certainly get 80 signatures in a day without forging them. You just need to be in the right spot and be good at talking to people. Getting signatures on a petition is not always an easy job, but it isn't rocket science. It mainly takes persistence.

What I find interesting is that it doesn't say that any of them were circulating both petitions? I was approached at the Stop-n-go on 19th Ave. N and when I signed the conservation fund(I will usually sign a petition unless I know I am totally against it since all it does is get it on the ballot) the guy then pulled a medical marijuana petition from underneath the conservation fund petition and asked if I would sign that one as well.