SiouxSports.com Forum

week 1 and 2 predictions

geaux_sioux

Now that we've heard of or seen some of what this years team looks like so far its time for some accurate and completely non biased predictions.

Week 1 vs the Mimes: 65 - 10 win

Week 2 vs San Diego St. 37 - 34 win

Isn't week 2 Portland State?

I'm going to wait for a little while longer before making any predictions :)

I think we should obviously kill the SD team. I think we should win the Portland game but it will be close. They lost their QB and star RB from last season so that helps. I really don't know how good San Diego St. is but they are FBS so will be talented. I will say Aztecs by 7 although I could see the upset.

Well, SDSU may not kick on 4th down inside the 50 this year.......so that could put a lot more pressure on our D.

http://rumorsandrant...his-season.html

Saw that...I could see Long using the game against us (FCS squad) as his trial. It could go either way and a part of me wants him to try this, as long as our guys are well aware of the strategy going in.

Well, SDSU may not kick on 4th down inside the 50 this year.......so that could put a lot more pressure on our D.

http://rumorsandrant...his-season.html

Seriously?? That is stupid. If its 4th and 2 or 3 sure but 4th and 10 you are giving your opponent a chance to have the ball at midfield. I hope he does try it against us..only to have UND score on short drives.

Game 1: UND 57 - Mines 6

Game 2: UND 23 - PSU 21 I feel like this one will go to the wire. It can easily go either way. Hopefully we will have our home field advantage back this year.

Game 3: UND 27 - SDSU 28 I want to pick UND but at this point, putting my fans hat aside, I don't think we will win. I feel like if we play a great game and win the turnover battle this game could go either way. Then again if we come out and play flat this could be a big loss. Sooooooooo just play to win and we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1

Game 1: UND 57 - Mines 6

Game 2: UND 23 - PSU 21 I feel like this one will go to the wire. It can easily go either way. Hopefully we will have our home field advantage back this year.

Game 3: UND 27 - SDSU 28 I want to pick UND but at this point, putting my fans hat aside, I don't think we will win. I feel like if we play a great game and win the turnover battle this game could go either way. Then again if we come out and play flat this could be a big loss. Sooooooooo just play to win and we'll see what happens.

I agree I would like to put UND at a win against SDSU but UND hasn't gotten over the FBS win hump yet (came close to FSU and NIU). Maybe we need to get our first win against a horrible FBS team...when are the Gophers available. ;)

I agree I would like to put UND at a win against SDSU but UND hasn't gotten over the FBS win hump yet (came close to FSU and NIU). Maybe we need to get our first win against a horrible FBS team...when are the Gophers available. ;)

You played the worst team in the FBS last year. Hard to go lower than the Vandals.

Sorry, Vandals would have killed the Goofs last year for their first home game at the Kibby shed. ;)

Gophers had a few good showings last year. A few bad ones. They were probably a better team than Idaho I think most people would reckon. Idaho sucked in an awful conference. The Gophers were bad-mediocre in the B1G.

The difference this time around in an FBS game is that we have a Qb that can 1. Throw the ball and 2. Not be intimidated by a mid major FBS team with his experience of being in ACC games

• Upvote 1

The difference this time around in an FBS game is that we have a Qb that can 1. Throw the ball and 2. Not be intimidated by a mid major FBS team with his experience of being in ACC games

I hope you are correct!!! This has been missing from UND's offense since 07.

• Upvote 1

Without getting too specific, I think North Dakota will be 2-1 after the first 3 games......................................

I wouldn't be shocked to lose to Portland St., and I wouldn't be shocked to beat San Diego St.............................

I honestly think both games could go either way.....................

Without getting too specific, I think North Dakota will be 2-1 after the first 3 games......................................

I wouldn't be shocked to lose to Portland St., and I wouldn't be shocked to beat San Diego St.............................

I honestly think both games could go either way.....................

I would like to hear more from ND fans about Rocky Long adopting the no punt philosophy, and also implementing only onside kicks. The coach from the Arkansas high school who has been utilizing this kind of program for several years has been in the top 5 nationally on a consistent basis. Oregon has gone for it a number of times since Kelly took over, and statistically the numbers bare out over time. It just seems that regardless of field position it puts a great deal more pressure on the defense (especially on third down), and allows your offense a great deal more flexibility and room for mistakes (since you are increasing your play opportunities by 33%).

How do you suppose ND will prepare for that?

Interesting reading : http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-09-30/perception-of-craziness-or-flat-out-football-genius