SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I see Johnson, and Herd talking NDSU, then you continue to do the same, before I said a word about the Bison. There are others on this board who think you bleed green and yellow, not just me, so take it up with them as well. Don't single me out, I never mentioned NDSU until the pissing match occurred overnight, you bring up the series of the Nickel in a classic NDSU rebuttal, and you blame me for bringing up NDSU? Do us all a favor, go to Bisonville and stay there.

You bring up NDSU constantly in other threads and pull comments off of bisonville to this website for some unknown reason...take your own advice and leave their comments off here

Anyway.............., to somewhat update everyone on where UND is in recruiting: Josh Parks may or may not be on his way to UND. Ezra is deciding between UNI and UND. We had a contingent in Michigan today to recruit at Brother Rice. There is speculation that Kacour is accepting a PWO to UofM. Did I miss anything fellow recruiting buddies? Roll tribe!

Parks is apparently going to walk on at Minnesota.

I've seen this asked a couple times, but never saw the answer: is sparks still on the team? I'd heard rumors that he had left and never heard one way or another

Someone asked Tom Miller in the Wednesday chat, Tom said he still was on the team...

Comment From W SiouxW Sioux: ] Is P J Sparks still on the team?

3:30 spacer.gif

Tom Miller, GF Herald: Yes. I think it's a little strange, though, he's something of an internet cult hero. I don't expect his workload to be huge this year, either.

Do you think Simmons or Walker can be that "next level game breaker"? I don't know enough about them.

Not an expert on RB's but I would say Simmons, maybe. Walker - No.

When you look at the best backs in FCS, they all got power and shake, quick feet. Not all have top-end burner speed but they are fast enough to run away for awhile before getting caught. Zenner would be the exception to that comment.

I personally question whether we have any backs like that on our roster, None of them seem to be very dynamic. Maybe Sharp will be, who knows.

You look at guys like DJ Adams and Bauman, not burners by any means but they are so quick through the hole and electric, make guys miss.

Everyone on siouxsports and the blog keeps demanding he plays but I'm guessing there is a reason (other than Muss being Muss) that he hasn't.

THat makes sense. I think many of us wanted him to get a legitimate shot because those in front of him weren't producing enough, but it is clear that the line wasn't helping much either. Now i'm wondering who is the guy going to be next year?

Not an expert on RB's but I would say Simmons, maybe. Walker - No.

When you look at the best backs in FCS, they all got power and shake, quick feet. Not all have top-end burner speed but they are fast enough to run away for awhile before getting caught. Zenner would be the exception to that comment.

I personally question whether we have any backs like that on our roster, None of them seem to be very dynamic. Maybe Sharp will be, who knows.

You look at guys like DJ Adams and Bauman, not burners by any means but they are so quick through the hole and electric, make guys miss.

I don't agree. I think the "low to the ground" and heavy build of Walker makes him a very good prospect. We need a power back that carry the load, not an all or nothing scat back like we've tried to implement. Let's smash the rock then go over the top with play-action - that's winning football.

Don't get me wrong, I like Simmons, but I think he'd best be a change of pace back. Judging by Rudolph's time at SCSU, he's probably looking for one or two 200 lbs + backs and I agree with that.

THat makes sense. I think many of us wanted him to get a legitimate shot because those in front of him weren't producing enough, but it is clear that the line wasn't helping much either. Now i'm wondering who is the guy going to be next year?

Agree on that. The guy has the look of a bowling ball and like he could make it through the first level of defenders that our smaller backs got tripped up on constantly. With the OL issues, seems like the bigger backs should have got a few more carries and Shaugs seemed to be the only bruiser that did.

UND has 16 verbals so far this year, anyone have any idea if that is more or less than this time last year?

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2013/01/25/odds-and-ends-4/

Odds and Ends

Posted on January 25, 2013 by oskie

• UND is currently sitting at 18 “known” commitments for the class of 2013. However, there have been multiple “recruiting chest bump” tweets sent out by the coaching staff that we know were never confirmed by anybody. By our math there is still 3-4 commitments out there that nobody knows about, possibly more. At the beginning of the recruiting season, we wrote that we thought this class would be somewhere in the range of 20-23 signees. We believe 25 is the maximum that a team can sign in any given year.

• Upvote 1