SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Anyone know if the athletic department is doing an all morning chat like they have in the past with different coaches taking questions? Was very enjoyable in the past and would hope they are doing it again.

Definitely hoping for this. Would be a great way to get to know the new coaching staff and their philosophies.

Does anyone else think that Muss may have let his personal feelings get in the way when it came to certain players getting player time?

Doubtful. When your job depends on winning, coaches tend to play the kids they think give them the best chance of winning.

Anyone know if the athletic department is doing an all morning chat like they have in the past with different coaches taking questions? Was very enjoyable in the past and would hope they are doing it again.

I hope they do it again, but it hasn't been announced on undsports.com or any of the UND twitter accounts yet.

I'm guessing they'll update all the NLI's coming in with tweets on the @undfootball account. Hopefully there is the all morning chat on undsports.com as well.

CB I think. Personally think he's leaning Findlay. Guess we will find out. Would love to have him.

I think the lure of staying close to home is going to be tough to overcome. We will see.

Funny thing is Carter and Walker are both better than him and had no problem coming to UND. Personal preference, not much you can do.

Hannible committed - watched his video this afternoon - big hitter. Coming in as a safety.

Looks really solid in his highlights, but everyone does. I like his size and frame as safety, appears to be a good pickup. So for really impressed with this class size for these coaches, hope the player turn out to be quality guys. Anyone with more knowledge that me know how many of this class could be early impact players?

Sounds like Alec Stevens is committing to some place called Siena Heights.

Might need to re-consider how hard they recruit Michigan. A fair amount of these kids do not want to leave the state/area. They couldn't care less what level they play. Gotta get a feel for that early and leave them alone.

Might need to re-consider how hard they recruit Michigan. A fair amount of these kids do not want to leave the state/area. They couldn't care less what level they play. Gotta get a feel for that early and leave them alone.

I'm fine with them recruiting Michigan to get players like Carter and Walker. Once we get a reputation in that state we'll get good players like we do in Illinois now.

Very impressive group of recruits. Given the numbers and simple probability, you would at least expect some of these recruits to pan out. Really impressed by Bubba's first mark on the program as head coach. Now we just have to see if the team responds this fall and if Bubba & his staff can coach as well as they can recruit.

C'mon - that's not a Michigan thing, that's particular to each individual.

Michigan is relatively close, is considered Midwest, and is loaded with talent. To leave that state after this recruiting class would be downright foolish.

C'mon - that's not a Michigan thing, that's particular to each individual.

Michigan is relatively close, is considered Midwest, and is loaded with talent. To leave that state after this recruiting class would be downright foolish.

Did I say LEAVE? No I said reconsider how they recruit the state based on the fact that multiple kids have shown they do not want to go as far as Grand Forks. Try and get a feel initially from the coach, parents, and kid about what they are thinking as far as college. It's a real issue that needs to be addressed. To waste weeks on a kid only to find out they want to stay home eats up bandwidth that could be spent on another kid.

• Upvote 2

They will be doing the chat. Coaches will be joining about 9.
  • Upvote 1