SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Explorers

GeauxSioux

We just got done watching a National Geographic show about Lewis and Clark on Netflix. I couldn't help seeing the connection of North Dakota in that trek west, kind of like UND's westward movement with the Big Sky.

I think that it ties the past (Sioux) with the future and connects western ND to the name. Choosing a name that does not identify with UND's and North Dakota's past would be a mistake IMO.

• Upvote 1

How about the Fighting Higgs Boson! - it' unique, the center of all that is essential. You can't see, smell, taste or feel it (thus you can't be offended by it) and few people understand it.

Okay I'm joking.

You make a compelling argument... :sad:

Every time I make an argument for Cavlary I get ripped so I chose to keep it simple. Not the best idea with people on this board. But I will say this, that the new name needs to be something that people can really get into cheering for and can be a great logo at the same time. I might not be explaining this the best. Nothing can replace the Fighting Sioux, so I just want something really good. Not explorers, oilers, something better. The fans and citizens deserve it to be awesome!

• Upvote 2

Every time I make an argument for Cavlary I get ripped so I chose to keep it simple. Not the best idea with people on this board. But I will say this, that the new name needs to be something that people can really get into cheering for and can be a great logo at the same time. I might not be explaining this the best. Nothing can replace the Fighting Sioux, so I just want something really good. Not explorers, oilers, something better. The fans and citizens deserve it to be awesome!

I would love North Dakota Cavalry, but I just don't think that it would get the seal of approval from the ultimate decision makers. If I was the one person that could make the decision for all, I would pick Cavalry. Unfortunately, I am not "the one".

I would love North Dakota Cavalry, but I just don't think that it would get the seal of approval from the ultimate decision makers. If I was the one person that could make the decision for all, I would pick Cavalry. Unfortunately, I am not "the one".

Calvary and Roughriders are equal in my book.

Why don't you think people would go for Calvary? Seems like a very popular choice.