SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen 4 Picks

geaux_sioux

"when we play our game we strongly believe NOBODY can compete with us" (coming from the 4 seed in a 4 team bracket).

Really? Nobody can compete with Western Michigan hockey when they are playing good?

I guess I find that cocky and preposterous but whatever.

"when we play our game we strongly believe NOBODY can compete with us" (coming from the 4 seed in a 4 team bracket).

Really? Nobody can compete with Western Michigan hockey when they are playing good?

I guess I find that cocky and preposterous but whatever.

Obviously any team can compete with anyone on any given night, but I would hope my team has confidence in itself. The only thing that I would consider a stretch is about the amount of fans that will supposedly take over Xcel Energy Center from Kalamazoo.

The only thing that I would consider a stretch is about the amount of fans that will supposedly take over Xcel Energy Center from Kalamazoo.

No doubt. I would guess that there will be less than 500 actual WMU fans in attendance. Sure, the Gopher fans will cheer for WMU, but the article makes it sound like thousands of fans will be there from Kalamazoo.

No doubt. I would guess that there will be less than 500 actual WMU fans in attendance. Sure, the Gopher fans will cheer for WMU, but the article makes it sound like thousands of fans will be there from Kalamazoo.

Unless it's a Minnesota-North Dakota regional final, I don't think any game will exceed 10,000. 12,000 max if those two aren't playing each other.

North Dakota, Boston College, Michigan, Miami.........I just have this funny feeling about UND this year, I know it's so unlikely but I just have some gut feeling. Who knows, anything can happen if the boys keep playing the way they are and now they really believe in their team after the Gopher comeback.

BC, Minnesota, Miami, and Denver.

Minnesota is gonna be more motivated than ever and no team rides late season momentum straight into the ground like the Sioux. Hope I'm wrong, but I've been hoping ever since I enrolled 12 years ago. At least they won't have to worry about not being in the Frozen Four program.

Minnesota is gonna be more motivated than ever and no team rides late season momentum straight into the ground like the Sioux. Hope I'm wrong, but I've been hoping ever since I enrolled 12 years ago. At least they won't have to worry about not being in the Frozen Four program.

Shouldn't the goofers been motivated last friday? They get down by a couple saturday and you will see the white towel waving.

Wow, I thought I milked it with 5 years. ;)

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't the goofers been motivated last friday? They get down by a couple saturday and you will see the white towel waving.

You can never put too little stock in the weak psyche of Lucia coached teams. They just don't get it done unless they have those ridiculously talented rosters of years past to overcome their lack of heart.

• Upvote 1

They should've and I'm guessing they were, which is why they were dominating us for most of the game. They took the foot off the gas too early and UND found that magical switch they seem to possess. I'm guessing Minnesota won't be taking any lead for granted if UND plays them again. If UND jumps to a lead, I doubt the Gophers will quit. They have recent, firsthand evidence that no lead is safe until the final horn sounds.