SiouxSports.com Forum

Marilyn Hagerty Goes Viral

Cratter

Hagerty's review aside...am I the only one that doesn't care much for Olive Garden? The only times I've ever gone there were when I happened to be with women and I was one of only a few men in the whole joint.

Eh, whatever.

Of the chain places, I prefer either Carino's or Macaroni Grill over Olive Garden. Not a big fan of the Olive Garden.

But, I'm more into Mexican food than Italian anyhoo.

Hagerty's review aside...am I the only one that doesn't care much for Olive Garden? The only times I've ever gone there were when I happened to be with women and I was one of only a few men in the whole joint.

Eh, whatever.

Way over rated except for salad and breadsticks.

Eh, whatever.

No you are not the only one. I have never ate at an Olive Garden and I never will.

The sad thing is it just goes to show how crappy our Italian selections are in ND for the most part. My favorite within the 3 state region in probably Buca in the cities.

Try Al Vento in Minneapolis or their sister Rinata.

http://www.rinatarestaurant.com/dinner

http://www.alventorestaurant.com/dinner

Menus change all the time at both restaurants. Owners are real nice guys and the staff is great at both places. They comp dessert for me all the time.

My favorite chain Italian place is Bravo! Cucina Italiana. The food is awesome despite sometimes poor service. Everyone was friendly, but often-times not very timely. For example, one time we sat there for 20 minutes when the place was almost empty before our waiter came back to take our order. We waited because the food was awesome, and on a few occassions we've politely mentioned something and end up with a half-price meal and a gift card for a free meal the next time we went.

And Hayduke, you are correct. North Dakota lacks any sort of Mexican food. It's quite humurous when I bring this up and someone excitedly tells me how great Paradiso or Fiesta Villa is. The only way to tell if you are at a good Mexican spot is if it's darn near impossible to place an order because of language barriers.

My favorite chain Italian place is Bravo! Cucina Italiana. The food is awesome despite sometimes poor service. Everyone was friendly, but often-times not very timely. For example, one time we sat there for 20 minutes when the place was almost empty before our waiter came back to take our order. We waited because the food was awesome, and on a few occassions we've politely mentioned something and end up with a half-price meal and a gift card for a free meal the next time we went.

And Hayduke, you are correct. North Dakota lacks any sort of Mexican food. It's quite humurous when I bring this up and someone excitedly tells me how great Paradiso or Fiesta Villa is. The only way to tell if you are at a good Mexican spot is if it's darn near impossible to place an order because of language barriers.

To make you jealous of having Mexican food there BigA and Hayduke today I had a great strawberry agua fresca and strawberry empanadas. Yesterday I had a great carne asada burrito from Los Taquitos. Try the Mexican restaurant in Crookston that use to be a Pizza Hut. Try the chile con carne (not what you think it will be) and chile rellenos. Oh yeah and the fundito with chorizo.

To make you jealous of having Mexican food there BigA and Hayduke today I had a great strawberry agua fresca and strawberry empanadas. Yesterday I had a great carne asada burrito from Los Taquitos. Try the Mexican restaurant in Crookston that use to be a Pizza Hut. Try the chile con carne (not what you think it will be) and chile rellenos. Oh yeah and the fundito with chorizo.

Yeah...

Well, I prefer tlayudas from Oaxaca, birria de chivo from Jalisco and I'll stop at any tacos al pastor stand on the street.

No hay problema con la lengua cuando tengo hambre. Pero, a veces puedo tener tacos de Taco Johns cerca a mi casa.

No problem with language when I'm hungry. But, at times I can have tacos from Taco John's close to my house!

(And, no, I don't use a translator tool.)

You ever make it down to my neck of the woods, I'll take you to some pretty good Mexican restaurants here. :)

Unfortunately, no tlayudas. But, there is one place in Denver that has started making them. Gotta check it out!

You ever make it down to my neck of the woods, I'll take you to some pretty good Mexican restaurants here. :)

Unfortunately, no tlayudas. But, there is one place in Denver that has started making them. Gotta check it out!

Had to google tlayudas since I have never seen it at any taco stands in Vegas or Phoenix. OK I would it that in a heartbeat. One thing that can't be found in Phoenix like Vegas is marianated flap steak. Los Compadres in Vegas is unreal. Big A would love it also.

• 8 months later...

Actually, Marilyn was the guest judge just last week for the quickfire part of Top Chef Seattle, which is the creme de la creme Chef show.

http://eater.com/arc...hef-seattle.php

Think her appearance repeats this coming Wednesday night.

http://www.bravotv.c...amous-come-home

Her book with Anthony Bourdain will be coming out later.

http://eater.com/arc...lyn-hagerty.php

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...