SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Awards Ballots

hrkac

Andy Baggot is officially a moron.....I can't believe I lowered my hockey IQ by reading his worthless drivel....

He should have just left Ben Blood off the third team, no reason to put any UND players on any of the All Conference Teams.

I read Baggot pretty regularly in the MSJ, and he's usually pretty good. He missed the boat big time on that one, though.

One thing I would ask Baggot is why didn't Wisconsin finish in fourth place or better when they have two All-WCHA players in his eyes, including the POY. Hakstol certainly should have been coach of the year if he didn't have enough talent to only be worthy of one third-team member, plus playing with basically two lines of walk-ons or defensemen-turned forward. Our first line obviously didn't warrant much with him, so he must have been pretty impressed with our second line -- just not good enough to warrant much recognition. Seriously, Hakstol must have manufactured home ice from smoke and mirrors, which isn't far off, but then shouldn't that warrant attention.

Nick Jensen must have played the games of his life when SCSU and Wisconsin played this year....I guess Farragher didn't.

Faragher is the reason that SCSU was able to stay somewhat in the hunt for home ice before Mike Lee got back. I mean he stole games for his team that I saw against UND and Minnesota.

Goon I thought your picks were pretty solid except for Eidnsess. Curious as to your reasoning behind that one?

I know Eidsness officially played enough minutes to qualify in the goalie stats but for me I still find it hard to place him on any of the all league teams. He played great, just didnt play enough IMO to warrant an award.

I know Eidsness officially played enough minutes to qualify in the goalie stats but for me I still find it hard to place him on any of the all league teams. He played great, just didnt play enough IMO to warrant an award.

I totally agree, but with his stats I can see how people can make an argument for him.

Goon I thought your picks were pretty solid except for Eidnsess. Curious as to your reasoning behind that one?

I think that there really hasn't been any other starting goalie that has impressed me that much this season, Paterson, Thwhen he has played, for the most part he has played just as good as anyone else. The Numbers speak for themselves.

1 Kent Patterson (COL) Minnesota SR 1659:41 57 2.06 2 Brad Eidsness (BUF) North Dakota SR 576:12 21 2.19 3 Juho Olkinuora Denver FR 775:57 30 2.32 4 Josh Thorimbert Colorado College SO 1028:52 40 2.33 5 Kenny Reiter Minnesota Duluth SR 1602:37 69 2.58

I think that there really hasn't been any other starting goalie that has impressed me that much this season, Paterson, Thwhen he has played, for the most part he has played just as good as anyone else. The Numbers speak for themselves.

1 Kent Patterson (COL) Minnesota SR 1659:41 57 2.06 2 Brad Eidsness (BUF) North Dakota SR 576:12 21 2.19 3 Juho Olkinuora Denver FR 775:57 30 2.32 4 Josh Thorimbert Colorado College SO 1028:52 40 2.33 5 Kenny Reiter Minnesota Duluth SR 1602:37 69 2.58

Thorimbert was the best goalie I saw all season.

Official Winners:

First Team

Connolly

Bjugstad

Brown

Schultz

LaLeggia

Patterson

Second Team

Schwartz

Shore

Zucker

Guentzel

Schmidt

Reiter

Third Team

Zengerle

Nelson

Oleksuk

Jensen

Blood

Thorimbert

Rookie Team

Rau

Lafontaine

Megna

LaLeggia

Prochno

Olkinuora

Player of the Year: Connolly

Rookie of the Year: LaLeggia

Coach of the Year: Mel Pearson

Outstanding Student Athlete of the Year: Eidsness

http://www.wcha.com/...203/mar8awa.php

They are eye popping in my opinion.

I agree the numbers themselves are impressive just not a large body of work to go by as opposed say ... The top 10 or so goalies in the league but I understand your perspective.

Snubs from the official list? Kristo...hanowski...rylan Schwartz. Hakstol, although is tough to argue with Pearson.

Official Winners:

First Team

Connolly

Bjugstad

Brown

Schultz

LaLeggia

Patterson

Second Team

Schwartz

Shore

Zucker

Guentzel

Schmidt

Reiter

Third Team

Zengerle

Nelson

Oleksuk

Jensen

Blood

Thorimbert

Rookie Team

Rau

Lafontaine

Megna

LaLeggia

Prochno

Olkinuora

Player of the Year: Connolly

Rookie of the Year: LaLeggia

Coach of the Year: Mel Pearson

Outstanding Student Athlete of the Year: Eidsness

http://www.wcha.com/...203/mar8awa.php

That fact that there are no green names on the first and second teams or the Rookie team underscores even more why Hak should get COY. (Though it is true--who can gripe about Pearson)

I'll just gripe about Blood being on the third team. Coach of the year is okay, not sure how Faragher doesn't make the all rookie team, but the experts have spoken.

I think Benny lost himself some points with the Minnesota incident.

• Upvote 1