SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Has any team ever won a game because their jerseys were tighter than the opposing team's jerseys? No! What an absurd theory. :lol:

Not only do loose fitting jerseys not put you at a disadvantage, they look so much better than tight fitting jerseys. Let's leave the tight fitting shirts to gymnasts and ballerinas please. :silly:

As far as jersey appearance and fit, let's leave that decision to the recruits and players who are actually playing and are still committed to THE PROGRAM - not the nickname - to decide what they like...and 9 out of 10, if not 10 out of 10, will want the tighter fitting jerseys.

You look good, you feel good, you play good. PERIOD.

• Upvote 3

As far as jersey appearance and fit, lets leave that decision to the players who are actually playing and are still committed to THE PROGRAM - not the nickname - to decide what they like...and 9 out of 10, if not 10 out of 10, will want the tighter fitting jerseys.

You look good, you feel good, you play good. PERIOD.

Don't respond to him its what he wants

• Upvote 3

“The new TECHFIT jersey design will make old jerseys obsolete,” said Mark Daniels, director of football and team sports for adidas. “adidas is changing the game with this revolutionary jersey construction and compression fit because we know the right gear can make a difference during a split second play. Less material and a tighter fit means the jersey is harder to grab and you can't tackle what you can't grab. College football is more competitive than ever before and teams need every advantage they can get on the field.”

http://emueagles.com/news/2012/6/19/FB_0619120622.aspx

UCLA FEEDBACK:

“Lineman have commented on being held less due to the fit.”

“Our Running backs have said that the can

no longer be grabbed and pulled down. They

have to be tackled.”

http://topcatteamsales.com/files/Product%20News/2011-adidas-compression-football-jersey.pdf

• Upvote 3

No, it is a fact... as I had previously stated. Look at how the jersey clings to him. Clearly that illustrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is in fact too small for him. You are wrong.

If it were too small for him, he would wear a bigger size. It's not like the Vikings equipment guy gave Peterson a "trendy fitting" jersey and forced him to wear it. Why would Peterson choose a jersey that is clearly too small for him beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Dorsett's jersey is a perfect fit, as are his shoulder pads. Peterson's jersey is not the right size, it is too small for him. That is a fact, not just my biased opinion. I could care less what the trend is. Only losers who try way too hard to fit in follow trends.

Just because something is "in" does not make it a good idea. Case in point... flat-brimmed hats worn sideways and baggy oversized pants that leave underwear exposed. Check-mate!

You obviously care about a trend. It just happens to be a trend from the 80's. Why do you follow the trend of loose fitting jerseys and not the long sleeved, tight fitting jerseys from the 60's?

• Upvote 1

over/under 3.5 home games in all black this year for the team

over/under 2:1 win ratio in the all blacks this y

I'll take the over for the tight all black uni's this year. I think next year we get new green and whites and the black's become our new home uni.

I'll take over. We win SDSoM, Portland St., Cal Poly, Northern Arizona and lose Southern Utah. Montana is a toss up.

Dorsett's jersey is a perfect fit, as are his shoulder pads. Peterson's jersey is not the right size, it is too small for him. That is a fact, not just my biased opinion. I could care less what the trend is. Only losers who try way too hard to fit in follow trends.

Just because something is "in" does not make it a good idea. Case in point... flat-brimmed hats worn sideways and baggy oversized pants that leave underwear exposed. Check-mate!

You are a clown. Tight jerseys create a competitive advantage. That is a fact, not an opinion.

What are everyone's thoughts on the blacks with the white pants. I for one would rather lick some white dog crap than see that.

Agreed, white jersey / pants combo needs to stay for away games.

I also think that the green jerseys used with the new black pants could look pretty cool. Considering all combinations I am still the biggest fan of the all black look for this year. New conference, new look.

I don't think I will have a huge problem with the black jersey/white pants combo just because the new black jerseys just look plain better than the green jerseys. They are a better fit which aids to the appearance.

The main problem is that it would look like two totally different uniforms slapped together. The design of the two unis is far from compatible