SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

So, I have to work tomorrow night here in Fargo, and I just looked for the game on DirecTv to set my DVR so I can watch the game when I get home. I have always gotten every single home game before, but Friday night's game isn't showing up anywhere! I've looked through all the sports channels and searched for it. I found Saturday's game, but still no luck on Friday. Any other DirevTv-ers having this problem? I'm hopeful that by tomorrow it will be listed somewhere!

So, I have to work tomorrow night here in Fargo, and I just looked for the game on DirecTv to set my DVR so I can watch the game when I get home. I have always gotten every single home game before, but Friday night's game isn't showing up anywhere! I've looked through all the sports channels and searched for it. I found Saturday's game, but still no luck on Friday. Any other DirevTv-ers having this problem? I'm hopeful that by tomorrow it will be listed somewhere!

I found the game on ch. 617 on Direct TV. Can't wait to watch these games. I really feel that these team can at least get 3 points this weekend. I also would like to see Eidsness in net at least one night

I found the game on ch. 617 on Direct TV. Can't wait to watch these games. I really feel that these team can at least get 3 points this weekend. I also would like to see Eidsness in net at least one night

Interesting, I have my channel line up thing up right now and it says "Upcoming: Women's Basketball" for me all the way through Sunday on 617. Hopefully it gets updated before tomorrow night! Thanks for the response, I will keep my eye out!

Eidsness deserves the start in my opinion. Surely last saturdays 5 goal performance by dell can be attributed to the penalties but still I think eidsness should start friday.

That's exactly why I think Dell is a lock on Friday, he got hung out at the end of the first by penalties and will be anxious to make amends, as will his teammates.

I'll stick my neck out and say I would not be surprised if Dell pitches a shutout or 1 goal game Friday.

Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if BE gets the start, keeping both of them involved going into Denver seems like a smart idea.

Give Eids the start on Friday and Dell on Saturday. I think either way both goalies need to see time in the net this weekend. Eidsness has quietly had a pretty good year when he's gotten a chance to play. Saturday night in Duluth he was almost the difference that brought them back to tie the game.

If the team sneaks into the NCAA tournament and Dell gets on a role, I wouldn't want to play North Dakota.

I agree Eids was strong in the net in Duluth, and I really think both goalies are strong..but theyre human and can have bad games esp if their defense keeps screwing them over. And lets face it, 4 of 5 goals scored on powerplays was horrible. We had that game if it hadn't been for our guys punishing their own goalie.

Numbers to date:

Dell 12-9-2 2.90 .890

Eids 4-2-0 2.08 .924

Dell has not been consistant like his All-American play last year. He was though extremely good last Friday then got caught in that early PP-fest by UMD (7PP in 1st 23 minutes) on Sat.

If UND was in a one game, must win scenerio, Dell starts...period. UND IMO is in that mode right now. Tough call for Hak but I'd be suprised if Dell wasn't in net tonight.

A bit of bulletin board material perhaps:

"They have one of the best lines in college hockey with (Danny) Kristo, (Brock) Nelson and Corban Knight. They're very dynamic, explosive - as they go, I think the team goes," Pearson said. "They got some secondary scoring (in a split at Minnesota-Duluth) last weekend and it drops from there. ... I think the match-up is good and our depth will help us this weekend."

http://www.mininggaz...x.html?nav=5009

A bit of bulletin board material perhaps:

http://www.mininggaz...x.html?nav=5009

When was the last time someone had the stones to use "depth" in a sentence as it relates to MTU???

These comments should light a fire under Mario...will be interesting to watch his play and his lines play.

And MTU can sleep on Gleason if they want, but I think he has a big weekend...where ever he plays.

When was the last time someone had the stones to use "depth" in a sentence as it relates to MTU???

These comments should light a fire under Mario...will be interesting to watch his play and his lines play.

And MTU can sleep on Gleason if they want, but I think he has a big weekend...where ever he plays.

I have a feeling one of these two nights we put a 5 or 6 spot up onthe huskies.

It's nice that the Sioux are catching Tech now. They've gotten the jump on a lot of teams this year. There shouldn't be any surprises at this time of year. Granted it's hard to look past the last few years of bad hockey from Houghton, but they'll be ready.

I'll be there tonight, and (thankfully) watching on DTV tomorrow.

Michigan Tech is a program with a lot of pride and history. I realize it hasn't been a national power since the mid-1970's, but the fans in Houghton are a fun and knowledgeable bunch and I think the program has made some strides in improvement this season. This team could give UND fits this weekend.

Michigan Tech is a program with a lot of pride and history. I realize it hasn't been a national power since the mid-1970's, but the fans in Houghton are a fun and knowledgeable bunch...

I am going to miss the "Ramblin'Wreck" from Tech gang. With their tradition, MacNaughton, et al, they should be in UND's conference. :(

I am going to miss the "Ramblin'Wreck" from Tech gang. With their tradition, MacNaughton, et al, they should be in UND's conference. :sad:

100% agree. People who think Michigan Tech is a joke of a program that should be relegated to the back-pages of NCAA hockey history need to do two things:

#1) Take a trip to Houghton and see a series at MTU.

#2) Look up the history of the MacNaughton Cup and Michigan Tech's storied history in the conference.

TE-CH-NO-LO-GI-C-A-L...TECHNOLOGICAL!