SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

With today's date on this, I would think that is a very good sign that this is now a firm commitment!

Norberg stil has a visit to Iowa this weekend. Not a "firm commitment" until he finds out if Iowa has a spot for him.

This article was referenced earlier here... http://www.mchenrycountysports.com/articles/2013/01/19/r_dcyikjaztrge3lz8wspkba/index.xml

“I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m excited,” Norberg said. “They told me I’m not in their top 85 players, but if somebody they have there goes to another school a spot could open up.”

I saw the Bobcats have some interest in this kid as well as bison. from Fairview, MT Cody Vitt

http://billingsgazet...1a4bcf887a.html

Don't know much about it.

I don't think Vitt is as good a runner as Varner was at Baker, and 8-man is a joke defensively, there's too much open space and you end up with 60-54 games and RB's with half a dozen TD's. He has good size and is athletic so they might take a chance on him, the other thing about Vitt is he got thrown out of the state championship game they were getting throttled in for throwing a punch at a kid so character might be an issue.

I don't think Vitt is as good a runner as Varner was at Baker, and 8-man is a joke defensively, there's too much open space and you end up with 60-54 games and RB's with half a dozen TD's. He has good size and is athletic so they might take a chance on him, the other thing about Vitt is he got thrown out of the state championship game they were getting throttled in for throwing a punch at a kid so character might be an issue.

Being a soar loser is a common trait with some great winners like Michael Jordan and Tom Bradey. I'd take that over someone who lays down and takes their whoopin as long as the coaches can harness it.

Hello Sioux fans.

I am new poster, I am the father of a young man (now a UNI student) who was a HS teammate of a 2012 UND recruit on offense; and this season I had chance to see the Sioux commit at QB, Kurt Palandech, play two games this year.

The offense at Palandech's HS program was strongly run-first. The guards and tackles on his line were big, even by standards of Northern Illinois class 7A. However, Palandech passed for nearly 200 yards in a quarter in a playoff game this season. He's a leader with great speed. Seems like a really big class in numbers and depth for UND.

J.J. Robertson was expected to compete to be among the first four receivers at Illinois in '13 as well. He should do well in the Big Sky.

Good luck to UND !

• Upvote 2

Hello Sioux fans.

I am new poster, I am the father of a young man (now a UNI student) who was a HS teammate of a 2012 UND recruit on offense; and this season I had chance to see the Sioux commit at QB, Kurt Palandech, play two games this year.

The offense at Palandech's HS program was strongly run-first. The guards and tackles on his line were big, even by standards of Northern Illinois class 7A. However, Palandech passed for nearly 200 yards in a quarter in a playoff game this season. He's a leader with great speed. Seems like a really big class in numbers and depth for UND.

J.J. Robertson was expected to compete to be among the first four receivers at Illinois in '13 as well. He should do well in the Big Sky.

Good luck to UND !

Welcome to the board! Have you seen any of the other Illinois recruits play this year?

Hello Sioux fans.

Good luck to UND !

Welcome to the board and thanks for the insight! Glad to hear your thoughts on Palandech.

I hope your son's teammate has a great year for us - not sure which one it is as all four recruits out of IL last year were offensive players.

Hope to hear from you again!

Do we have any recruits coming in this weekend?

From SFI.

• We have not heard any names of potential recruits visiting UND this weekend. That tells us they must be close to being done. If they have any, it will be a very small group – maybe 2 or 3 to fill the remaining holes in the class.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sorry to have led you fellas down the wrong path! The more specific details are that our family has lived in Iowa since '07, my boy played for Linn Mar H.S., where Jer Garman was a key part of the football revival.

One of the Plainfield North games (IL State playoff) that I watched was streamed over the web. At the game that I saw in person at Plainfield North I had the chance to talk with Kurt Palandech's father, who I have known for about as long as I can recall. Kurt's dad is my cousin. The father was also a well-known three-sport athlete in his day.

The Sioux have a fine leader in Kurt.

Though it is a probably a topic for a different board, also, speaking as Univ of Illinois graduate UND has gained respect throughout the State of Illinois for challenging legality of the NCAA prohibition on hosting postseason competition on basis of school symbol. The institution certainly demonstrated more spine than the caretakers of Illinois sports.

• Upvote 2

Couple of updates. Jester Weah committed to Pitt, Joe Kupcikevicius committed to SDSU and Garrett Guanella committed to San Jose State. Also LB Chris Weber I believe has committed to walk on at Nebraska and Chad Fahning is going to PWO at Minnesota (I think that's been confirmed).

EDIT: I also believe Jake Gronholz has committed to Winona State.

Couple of updates. Jester Weah committed to Pitt, Joe Kupcikevicius committed to SDSU and Garrett Guanella committed to San Jose State. Also LB Chris Weber I believe has committed to walk on at Nebraska and Chad Fahning is going to PWO at Minnesota (I think that's been confirmed).

EDIT: I also believe Jake Gronholz has committed to Winona State.

You've been busy - thanks! I will update Wiki.

I'm a bit surprised to see that SDSU seems to be landing recruits that the ND schools are looking at.

Are you serious? They've been in the playoff twice and have beaten us badly in the only game played as DI members. I would expect them to win more recruiting battles against UND. I would also expect NDSU win the majority of the recruiting battles they have. Bottom line: Winning Matters!

Are you serious? They've been in the playoff twice and have beaten us badly in the only game played as DI members. I would expect them to win more recruiting battles against UND. I would also expect NDSU win the majority of the recruiting battles they have. Bottom line: Winning Matters!

I would expect UND to fare pretty well recruiting head-to-head against SDSU, particularly for kids from warmer weather states, due in large part to the fact that they are the only FCS school in the region that still plays outside. Even when UND had nothing to play for, we were able to get McGill and Sparks, for example, both of whom SDSU badly wanted. True, at present SDSU has a better team. But UND is generally considered the better school, in a much larger town, and plays (and hopefully soon practices) out of the elements most of the time.

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit surprised to see that SDSU seems to be landing recruits that the ND schools are looking at.

Besides Mikias Alipate, UND hasn't lost anyone else that they were after hard against SDSU. Plus, we got Aeron Carr.

The one I'm not entirely sure about is OL Joe Kucikevicius from Illinois. Not sure if he visited or how hard we were after him.

The other remaining battle out there right now against SDSU is QB Tyler Rogers. Although I tend to think he won't end up at either school.

As of now, Alipate is the only one UND has truly lost to SDSU on. We got Aeron Carr. Not bad considering how the 2 teams did the last few years.

Who are the players that are committed but still may be wavering?

Sam Riddle - QB from Portland, OR area. Verballed to UND, but from what we've read, still is hoping to get a PSU offer to be able to play at home.

Dan Bell - OL from Wisconsin. Has been a "soft" verbal for quite awhile. I believe there was interest from MAC teams & some bigger schools.

Kyle Norberg - LB from Illinois. "Soft" verbal & visiting Iowa this weekend, waiting to see if the Hawkeyes have a spot for him or not.

Those are the 3 known. Might be a few others. Seen quite a few kids flip their commitments lately.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sorry to have led you fellas down the wrong path! The more specific details are that our family has lived in Iowa since '07, my boy played for Linn Mar H.S., where Jer Garman was a key part of the football revival.

One of the Plainfield North games (IL State playoff) that I watched was streamed over the web. At the game that I saw in person at Plainfield North I had the chance to talk with Kurt Palandech's father, who I have known for about as long as I can recall. Kurt's dad is my cousin. The father was also a well-known three-sport athlete in his day.

The Sioux have a fine leader in Kurt.

Though it is a probably a topic for a different board, also, speaking as Univ of Illinois graduate UND has gained respect throughout the State of Illinois for challenging legality of the NCAA prohibition on hosting postseason competition on basis of school symbol. The institution certainly demonstrated more spine than the caretakers of Illinois sports.

Welcome Panther OldMan. Linn Mar has had some very succesful athletic programs & produced some talented athletes over the years. I just saw Marcus Paige play for North Carolina hoops this year. I'm a NoDak'er but visited your fine town of Marion years ago for a regional baseball tourney. Great town & great people.