SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Just realized why ac never loses a recruiting battle to UND, AJ Stockwell was offered by both it was on the first page of their recruitng page. They then have offered but verbelled to another school section, which they move some names too, but low and behold no Stockwell, and Stockwell has been removed like he was never even being recruited by them?

Just funny I guess, to me.

Stockwell told them he wasn't interested sometime after attending their camp, where he got offered. Don't know why they would remove him from their offered list. It is widely known that they did.

Just realized why ac never loses a recruiting battle to UND, AJ Stockwell was offered by both it was on the first page of their recruitng page. They then have offered but verbelled to another school section, which they move some names too, but low and behold no Stockwell, and Stockwell has been removed like he was never even being recruited by them?

Just funny I guess, to me.

He's dead to them

Anyone have any insight on what coach Kotelnicki's tweet means?

'This is the time of year where you get good news and bad news on a daily basis! Our 2013 recruiting class will be wrapped up shortly!!!!!'

Zero inside info, but wouldn't be surprised if they lost a guy or two that had originally committed. Or could just mean they had a few high targets out there still, thought they still had a shot and found out they were out of the running. Not sure how much to read into it.

Personally I don't think you can read into it much. It pretty much means (in my opinion) they're getting calls on what seems to be a daily basis with kids either committing or kids with offers telling them they are accepting an offer elsewhere. This will happen a lot when you have 90+ offers out there.

However, the statement that class being wrapped up shortly makes me wonder how many commits we're missing.

UND has offered WR Kendrick Bourne out of Milwaukie Academy in Portland OR.

6'2" 185 pounds. Saw an offer out there from Idaho.

I hope we can get this guy. He's got great length and absolutely attacks the ball when it's in the air. He's got a really long stride and is deceptively fast and has elite open field vison and does not like to go down. Lets get him committed

I hope we can get this guy. He's got great length and absolutely attacks the ball when it's in the air. He's got a really long stride and is deceptively fast and has elite open field vison and does not like to go down. Lets get him committed

I agree the kid looks good but don't we have enough receivers? At some point isn't our recruiting dictated by the depth chart?

I agree the kid looks good but don't we have enough receivers? At some point isn't our recruiting dictated by the depth chart?

Well, we don't have any kids that will be true freshmen at the position committed (I don't think Robertson is a candidate for a redshirt, is he?), so getting one would probably be a good thing. Nice to have at least one in every class.

Bourne will be playing in the Annual Polynesion All-American Bowl on Saturday. He is to have 5-6 offers (don't know who other than Idaho and us) but is waiting/hoping for an offer from a Pac-12 team. He runs a 4.5.

Wonder what the chances that we can get him in for a visit are.

Well, we don't have any kids that will be true freshmen at the position committed (I don't think Robertson is a candidate for a redshirt, is he?), so getting one would probably be a good thing. Nice to have at least one in every class.

SFI's writeup on Robertson said they believe he'll have 4 years of eligibility left but I'm not sure whether he's eligible for a redshirt. If he's not he'll basically just going to take the place of Oliver if he did indeed leave the team. I don't think the number of quality receivers we have should dictate whether or not we target receivers in recruiting. The WR position is the only position on the team that is deep enough to start bringing in guys to develop to step in when they're redshirt juniors or seniors. Our lack of depth on defense means we're looking for guys to step in during their first or second year on campus and that's not a position we should ideally be in. If we stop recruiting receivers just because we have 5 good ones already then 3 or 4 years from now the cupboard is going to look pretty dry. You always need to be looking to reload.

He can't redshirt since last year would be considered his redshirt.

Oliver didn't leave the team. He was removed.

Trim the fat.

I don't believe Robertson's clock ever started because he never enrolled, right? Didn't he go directly from high school to a community college? So I believe he could redshirt if UND really wanted him to, correct?

But I dont think Robertson came here to redshirt. He might just replace Oliver's "spot" in the 2012 class. Who knows though.

I don't believe Robertson's clock ever started because he never enrolled, right? Didn't he go directly from high school to a community college? So I believe he could redshirt if UND really wanted him to, correct?

But I dont think Robertson came here to redshirt. He might just replace Oliver's "spot" in the 2012 class. Who knows though.

I don't want an aneurism so I'm not going to try and figure out the NCAA policy on cc and not playing a sport and how that potentially affects eligibility. He won't redshirt bottom line and should be a nice addition

He never showed up at Illinois so he should be considered a true freshman to do what UND wants with him.

But I have a feeling he's going to play and play well, with the receiving corp they are putting together it could be a special unit if Joe plays as well as advertised.

He never showed up at Illinois so he should be considered a true freshman to do what UND wants with him.

But I have a feeling he's going to play and play well, with the receiving corp they are putting together it could be a special unit if Joe plays as well as advertised.

I think the clock started when he enrolled at a community college. I'm pretty sure that you have 5 years to play 4 seasons from the time you start a school above high school. It doesn't matter whether he was associated with an athletic department or not. Therefore his semester at a community college would basically count as his redshirt year.

I think the clock started when he enrolled at a community college. I'm pretty sure that you have 5 years to play 4 seasons from the time you start a school above high school. It doesn't matter whether he was associated with an athletic department or not. Therefore his semester at a community college would basically count as his redshirt year.

Those are the d1 rules. There are different rules for d2 and juco. Lets just assume he's going to play right away for 4 years