SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Appears Tre Favors committed to Montana http://www.egriz.com...php?f=1&t=60675

That link is interesting - apparently the Grizzlies have 11 verbals and only one (a LB) weighs more than 195. WRs-4, RBs-3, CBs-2, QB-1, LB-1. No OL or DL yet.

I also see they have a commitment from another prospect we had offered: Chris Parker, a DB from Sioux Falls.

Summary of 2012 season:

- the offensive line couldn't get the run game going

- the defensive line couldn't keep the LBs "clean" (a must in a 3-4 scheme) and couldn't generate pressure on a QB with less than two blitzers helping

Recruiting so far:

- primarily offensive and defensive linemen

Hmmm ... maybe the coaches saw what I saw.

Summary of 2012 season:

- the offensive line couldn't get the run game going

- the defensive line couldn't keep the LBs "clean" (a must in a 3-4 scheme) and couldn't generate pressure on a QB with less than two blitzers helping

Recruiting so far:

- primarily offensive and defensive linemen

Hmmm ... maybe the coaches saw what I saw.

The best part is, these last two pickups for the O-line both seem to be very mobile. I was wishing all year long that we had the ability to pull more on the offensive line. It doesn't matter how big you are if you can't move your feet. If we can get a running game going next year, just controlling the clock a bit better should help the defense out.

The best part is, these last two pickups for the O-line both seem to be very mobile. I was wishing all year long that we had the ability to pull more on the offensive line. It doesn't matter how big you are if you can't move your feet. If we can get a running game going next year, just controlling the clock a bit better should help the defense out.

These guys seem like better joe kleasons coming out of high school. Say what you want about how average the line was last year (which they were) but that was because of kleasons missing most of the season. It was amazing to see him step in a become a shut down left tackle after his injury and playing guard the two previous years. We need more of those dancing bears and fewer stagnant mountains like Gilson

North Dakota football feels familiar to Cary - Beloit Daily News: Sports

Garett Cary loved the Big Foot High School football experience so much he tried to find a college that would replicate it.

For him, the University of North Dakota fit the bill.

Cary just finished up an outstanding career on the Big Foot gridiron. He made First-Team All-Rock Valley Conference South Division for both offensive and defensive lines in both his junior and senior seasons. He helped lead the Chiefs to the state title game before losing in heartbreaking fashion to Somerset.

And in the fall, he’ll be headed for Fargo. Cary committed to play for North Dakota last week, and is excited to continue to play in what he termed a “family atmosphere.”

“When I took my visit there, one of the first things I noticed was how close their team was,” Cary said. “I think they had great chemistry, and it reminded me a lot of what I have here at Big Foot. It just seemed like they were one big family.

Geography should be required for journalism.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see AJ get on the phone and bring Akeem Roller, Mike Redmond, Jareid Combs and Mikias Alipate with him. There is some good talent in Minnesota this year.

Redmond and Alipate appear to be outstanding LB's. Alipate has a good looking highlight tape. They would be solid additions to the LB core and could see early playing time.

Jaried Combs could be an outstanding TE in this offense. With the WR we have, that guy looks like he coud do absolute damage in our offense, and see the field right away in a position we have to fill.

Roller is a big body we are going to need at DE in the future. He could come join fellow Cretin alums Shea Walker and Joe Kleason.

We need to improve our RB's. Both seem like good options. Clarence Smith seems to be a big guy with some speed. Kidd appears to be smaller, but is a burner. In order for our offense to continue to improve against better competition, a running back who is consistently a threat is a must.

• Upvote 1

How many players should we expect to bring in? 25-30?

We won't know that number until we see the number of players removed from the team going into the spring. I'm hoping that jablonski and Kennedy weren't the only ones. Time to clean house and bring in guys like Beaugard and Carr and other studs.

Lets fortify the secondary and add some more beef, this recruiting season is going quite well and will keep getting better. I'm looking forward to a couple shirts getting pulled next year.

We won't know that number until we see the number of players removed from the team going into the spring. I'm hoping that jablonski and Kennedy weren't the only ones. Time to clean house and bring in guys like Beaugard and Carr and other studs.

Lets fortify the secondary and add some more beef, this recruiting season is going quite well and will keep getting better. I'm looking forward to a couple shirts getting pulled next year.

I haven't agreed a lot with you lately, but this is one thing I would love to see. Play the best player at each position regardless of class.

Anyone have any info on any JUCO or FBS transfers for the defensive side of the ball?

I haven't agreed a lot with you lately, but this is one thing I would love to see. Play the best player at each position regardless of class.

Anyone have any info on any JUCO or FBS transfers for the defensive side of the ball?

They learned their lesson last year by not pulling Edwards shirt. I hope they get 2 juco guys but only if they're of better quality than the recent ones