SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

You act like its never happened. It happens every year.

Right there is another reason this game needs to happen on the field. Without an actual game and/or comparable success on the field, people start to assume the team just can't compete with them. The perception is hard to change.

Right there is another reason this game needs to happen on the field. Without an actual game and/or comparable success on the field, people start to assume the team just can't compete with them. The perception is hard to change.

Even though we haven't played in a while the perception seems to be shifting back to the late 80s early 90s where 'everyone' thinks they'll kill UND. Then we proceeded to dominate the series and make the Fargo Dome our home away from home.

From SFI:

There has been very recent speculation about former Minot High star OL Dustin Adams transferring from Northern Illinois at Christmas break. All we can tell you is what we have ‘heard’ on the subject. The rumors are he is considering UND and NDSU. It was either UND or NIU coming out of high school, which tells us UND has a pretty good shot at getting him now. Former UND OL coach Rod Carey was Adams OL coach at NIU this past fall and is now the head coach at NIU. We have also heard that Adams is looking into Petroleum Engineering, which only UND has. The petroleum field is obviously huge in Adams hometown of Minot. Makes sense. After adding it all up, seems likely that he could transfer to UND and they surely could use all the depth they can get along the OL. We project him as a guard who could start contributing in 2014.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Take this for what its worth. I don't like putting 2nd hand info on here but I was flying back home last night and on one of my connections sat next to a guy from Des Moines, IA. I had a UND shirt on and he mentioned Dan Hupke from Des Moines was coming to UND next year for school and will play football as well.

He was a 3rd team all state back who according to this gentlemen was dead set on coming to a school with an aero space program from the start which limited his recruiting. He is a very intelligent kid who knows what he wants to do after college. Sounded like academic money, probably not a scholorship but it will be a name to follow. If the kid is as intelligent of a kid with as good of head on his shoulders as I heard, he is a fantastic pick up. Plus it sounds like he is a hell of a football player. Apparently had serious talks with both Iowa and Iowa St. as a walk on. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Take this for what its worth. I don't like putting 2nd hand info on here but I was flying back home last night and on one of my connections sat next to a guy from Des Moines, IA. I had a UND shirt on and he mentioned Dan Hupke from Des Moines was coming to UND next year for school and will play football as well.

He was a 3rd team all state back who according to this gentlemen was dead set on coming to a school with an aero space program from the start which limited his recruiting. He is a very intelligent kid who knows what he wants to do after college. Sounded like academic money, probably not a scholorship but it will be a name to follow. If the kid is as intelligent of a kid with as good of head on his shoulders as I heard, he is a fantastic pick up. Plus it sounds like he is a hell of a football player. Apparently had serious talks with both Iowa and Iowa St. as a walk on. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Runs like a linebacker (in a good way). Looks like a throwback tough as nails type player. Sign him up.

Interesting recruit. His name has come up on Bville with many questions. How are you guys looking for Oline next season? NDSU will lose one senior but has one that was out this year due to injury to plug in and a couple big ND kids who are redshirting this year from last years class....sorry to bring up NDSU, but it's fair to compare situations from a competition standpoint IMO.

Best of luck to the kid, always like to see the local kids succeed no matter where they go.

Excuses are already starting to come from Bison fans why they wouldn't want the Adams kid from Minot. If UND signs him they will say they wouldn't want him for waterboy even. Of course if NDSU does land him he will be one of their top area recruits this year and rub it right in UND's face. It is the same pattern on every recruit.

Assuming he'd play guard. We lose one starting guard and I don't believe there's a clear favorite to fill his spot. I imagine he'd, at the very least, be in the competition to start at guard opposite Kleason. Someone who's more familiar with the backup offensive linemen may be able to speculate further but if the kid was good enough to garner FBS offers out of high school I'd guess he'd have a pretty good chance of the winning the job and being a 4 year starter.

Excuses are already starting to come from Bison fans why they wouldn't want the Adams kid from Minot. If UND signs him they will say they wouldn't want him for waterboy even. Of course if NDSU does land him he will be one of their top area recruits this year and rub it right in UND's face. It is the same pattern on every recruit.

Yeah all us Bison fans are the same.

Assuming he'd play guard. We lose one starting guard and I don't believe there's a clear favorite to fill his spot. I imagine he'd, at the very least, be in the competition to start at guard opposite Kleason. Someone who's more familiar with the backup offensive linemen may be able to speculate further but if the kid was good enough to garner FBS offers out of high school I'd guess he'd have a pretty good chance of the winning the job and being a 4 year starter.

Thank you for not pulling the "excuse" card out and being legit in your answer.

It also didn't take long for someone on this board to do basically the same thing when the Jacobsen kid commited to NDSU last week.

If you want an honest answer from an NDSU standpoint it is pretty split. Some say get after him...some say why if he has been to 2 schools already...some say NDSU waist deep on OL depth (which they are). Scholarships are real limited this year, so if UND throws the book at him and looking at the depth chart, in addition to his choice of Major and his girlfriend at UND (if those are true)...then I guess I don't see them as excuses those are life choices made by a kid.

It also didn't take long for someone on this board to do basically the same thing when the Jacobsen kid commited to NDSU last week.

Except for what I said was the truth, not sour grapes on the internet. Maybe the kid didn't have any interest in UND and cut off communication...I don't know. But the fact is UND hadn't talked to him in a long time and neither had Pitt.

That is one thing that is lost in these recruiting "offers". Many times a kid gets a soft "offer" in the spring or summer and than one way or the other the two parties go their separate ways as the fall season progresses. Then, once he commits, it comes out that he had "offers" from schools X and Y when really they hadn't talked to each other in months.

If you want an honest answer from an NDSU standpoint it is pretty split. Some say get after him...some say why if he has been to 2 schools already...some say NDSU waist deep on OL depth (which they are). Scholarships are real limited this year, so if UND throws the book at him and looking at the depth chart, in addition to his choice of Major and his girlfriend at UND (if those are true)...then I guess I don't see them as excuses those are life choices made by a kid.

Two schools that both lost their head coaches, that makes a huge differece. He isn't just being a gypsy.

For an engineering major, NIU isn't exactly the place to go, especially in the petroleum field. NIU would be kind of like going to Mankato State for engineering. Going to take a lot of class time for to change from business to engineering. NDSU doesn't help him either, as their geology program is almost like a glorified geography program (not that there is anything wrong with that). At UND geology and geography are in entirely different schools, with a B.S. in geology a hard core science major that is affiliated with petroleum engineering.

http://www.niu.edu/C...out/index.shtml

He seems to be making real choices about his future career path: good for him.