SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Recruiting

sioux24/7

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4470607

starts out about NDSU but covers some of the top-end recruiting around the country. I would say we are a tiny step back from some of these teams, but not enough for it to matter. Should be a playoff worthy class.

SBU got the nations best transfer in marcus coker.

http://www.sportsnet...aspx?id=4470607

starts out about NDSU but covers some of the top-end recruiting around the country. I would say we are a tiny step back from some of these teams, but not enough for it to matter. Should be a playoff worthy class.

SBU got the nations best transfer in marcus coker.

Good article on your team.

On a UND related note, really looking forward to the Portland St. game. They were inconsistent last year but this article sounds like their coaches are building a pretty good program.

I go to UND you tool.

You seem consistently down on UND and pretty high on ndsu to be a student. I'd say the definition of a tool is a fan of another school who opens an account on another teams message board only to sneak in any comment they can but I suppose everyone has their own definition. All you have to do is read you your past posts. They say a lot.

You seem consistently down on UND and pretty high on ndsu to be a student. I'd say the definition of a tool is a fan of another school who opens an account on another teams message board only to sneak in any comment they can but I suppose everyone has their own definition. All you have to do is read you your past posts. They say a lot.

NDSU is in a much better situation than UND for football. The most blind sioux hack on this forum can acknowledge that. I'm a little pessimistic about next year but pretty optimistic about the year after, and I think the big-sky is a sub-optimal conference for UND.

Just because I don't follow the delusional optimism or fargo/kolpack/etc derangement than infects this place, doesnt mean I'm an NDSU troll. And for full disclosure, I did go to two NDSU games this year (UM and GSU) and two UND games (CP, and the scrubs we played in the potato bowl). I've never seen anything like the atmosphere at the GSU game at UND in any sport against any opponent, and I'm currently still bitter about it. That includes the last ndsu/und football game.

NDSU is in a much better situation than UND for football. The most blind sioux hack on this forum can acknowledge that. I'm a little pessimistic about next year but pretty optimistic about the year after, and I think the big-sky is a sub-optimal conference for UND.

Just because I don't follow the delusional optimism or fargo/kolpack/etc derangement than infects this place, doesnt mean I'm an NDSU troll. And for full disclosure, I did go to two NDSU games this year (UM and GSU) and two UND games (CP, and the scrubs we played in the potato bowl). I've never seen anything like the atmosphere at the GSU game at UND in any sport against any opponent, and I'm currently still bitter about it. That includes the last ndsu/und football game.

When have you been to a UND/NDSU football game?

I think Wiki is fully updated with the 21 signees and 7 PWOs (assuming those that haven't paid their fees will show up on campus this fall). It will be interesting to learn if any of the guys had more offers than we are aware of. I like the class but it appears there weren't many who had other offers. No need to comment on that comment - I fully realize some kids who weren't highly recruited turn out to be great college FB players. However, I would prefer that they were more highly thought of by other schools.

Semi final home games will do that. Especially when its the first one in 20 years. You obviously weren't at either of the semi final games at the Alerus. You would actually have more of an understanding and not be so bitter. Maybe the hard feelings cause your team lost.

• Upvote 1

Semi final home games will do that. Especially when its the first one in 20 years. You obviously weren't at either of the semi final games at the Alerus. You would actually have more of an understanding and not be so bitter. Maybe the hard feelings cause your team lost.

last playoff game I was at at UND was Winona. I could've sworn the last NDSU/UND game went to at least double OT, my bad. That weekend in GF was pretty instrumental in me going to UND.

Montana St. apparently snagged a pretty good qb from Texas again. UND's class was a little bigger than expected from what you guys are sayin on the other thread? NDSU put together what appears to be a good class.

Recruiting Day is an excuse for everyone to pimp out their school when in all honesty, no one knows if these are good classes or not!

We had more PWO than we usually bring in. As far as scholly players go, I think we did a good job of filling needs and bringing in some guys who look like they could play right away. We'll see though. I agree, everyone looks good on highlight videos and only time will tell with everyone's class.

Please explain.

Its no different than him saying NDSU and SDSU have better basketball teams than us even though we beat one and split with the other. They maybe are in a better position because they completed their transition 4 years ago but thats not an issue for UND anymore.

Please explain.

Better coaching, better tradition, geogaphically coherent conference, football town, established rivals, established FCS prominence. Did I miss anything?

These can and have been overcome, but it will take UND having the better, or at least an equal, coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

Please explain.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I would say "different" as opposed to "better," given the different time lines for D-1 entry and transition and the conference affiliations. I try to be as objective as possible, though, I admit, I tend to be a little more lenient or sympathetic to shortfalls and optimistic or hopeful for the team's future than fans from other fan bases would be -- but delusional -- I don't think so. If you are too objective and realistic about your team, it makes being a "fan" no fun. In fact, one is probably not a "fan"atic at all, in the truest sense of the definition.

How is the big sky shaking out? That's what you guys should be concerned about. I'm sure msu and Montana had decent classes like usual and it sounds as though NC had a good year if I read correctly.

Regionally, NDSU, UNI and SDSU look to have done very well in the MV. All on paper of course. On a national level, that iowa transfer RB wil make an immediate impact and Sam Houston got a transfer from Boise....they were already a young team and I don't see anyone from their conference knocking them off.

Throw the rankings out the door, it is all about how the kids fit in with their respective programs and players once they step foot on campus.

How is the big sky shaking out? That's what you guys should be concerned about. I'm sure msu and Montana had decent classes like usual and it sounds as though NC had a good year if I read correctly.

Regionally, NDSU, UNI and SDSU look to have done very well in the MV. All on paper of course. On a national level, that iowa transfer RB wil make an immediate impact and Sam Houston got a transfer from Boise....they were already a young team and I don't see anyone from their conference knocking them off.

Throw the rankings out the door, it is all about how the kids fit in with their respective programs and players once they step foot on campus.

From the article posted by the Bison fan earlier it mentioned that Portland St. had a very good recruiting class. They were inconsistent last year in their play and I think will be an early measuring stick for UND to get a feel for how we'll stack up against most of the Big Sky. Sounds like they, on paper, had a good class.

It looks like a good recruiting class. Not a clue how it stacks up against SU or the conference rivals. I'm sure some ranking system will come out.

I remember the UNC game this year in Greeley. A friend came with, a grad of UNC and we both enjoyed it tremendously. My first FCS game after watching the Sioux for many years in D-II. We both agreed that even though these weren't top 10 FCS teams, the level between the football we saw and the football we saw when they were in the NCC was much improved. Even though it's not FBS football, this should be a fun ride in the Big Sky!