SiouxSports.com Forum

50 Best Hockey Cities in North America

GeauxSioux

Bleacher Reports has a listing of the 50 Best Hockey Cities in North America.

It's nice to see UND ranked at #20, but I can't believe that Oxford is #19.

The home of Miami University has developed one of the more potent hockey cultures in college hockey.

Are they high? They put Oxford ahead of Duluth and Orono. :crazy:

I'm surprised they didn't throw South Bend into the mix, and help NBC suck up to the Golden Domers.

I find it ridiculous that Oxford is even in the top 40. Shouldn't Merrimack be in there then? Pretty sure they average the same amount of fans :silly: What a joke. I still think Minneaplis-St. Paul should be ahead of Detroit and competing with Boston. Definitely cant argue about Montreal and Toronto, though. Those are the top two in my opinion.

I find it ridiculous that Oxford is even in the top 40. Shouldn't Merrimack be in there then? Pretty sure they average the same amount of fans :silly: What a joke. I still think Minneaplis-St. Paul should be ahead of Detroit and competing with Boston. Definitely cant argue about Montreal and Toronto, though. Those are the top two in my opinion.

But people do find ways to argue with Montreal and Toronto, judging by the comments. :D

These comparisons are always stupid because they never take into account how different different sized cities are. You just can't compare Toronto, Montreal, Boston, and the Twin Cities to cities like Grand Forks, Madison, and Regina. Also, you have small towns like Roseau, Grafton, Mordon, and etc. Those little towns have awesome hockey culture.

And they don't even mention the MN State Hockey Tourney...