SiouxSports.com Forum

Bob 95 FM's Facebook page and a lack of class

darell1976

Here is a pic(from Facebook) from Bob 95.1 a country station here in Fargo.

382660_336760316338445_111461265535019_1523774_573804695_n.jpg

I think this station should be boycotted and they should have to apoligize. There would be major issues if KFGO was still doing Sioux sports since they are owned by the same company.

Who cares? Its not our name anyways now and why would you care since you have been one of the many who have spouted that it costs too much to keep the name...Either you are for keeping the name or you are for removing the name...no in-between please, we have enough of that in Washington and our political leaders today.

Who cares? Its not our name anyways now and why would you care since you have been one of the many who have spouted that it costs too much to keep the name...Either you are for keeping the name or you are for removing the name...no in-between please, we have enough of that in Washington and our political leaders today.

Until December 31, 2011 we are still the Fighting SIoux, and its a slam against the team not just the name. I am for removing the name since it will kill our athletic department as we won't be in the BIg Sky and living in Independant hell. If they said UND sucks would your opinion still be who cares?

I see Bob95 has just removed that pic from Facebook. I guess they realized not everyone in Fargo are Bison fans. I bet someone is getting chewed out at the station.

Instead of getting all worked up about it, why not just ignore it and feel sorry for them if this is what they focus on leading up to a national semi-final game that isn't even against us.

So if a station you listen to bashes your team would you just ignore it or wouldn't you get a little pissed.

The posting did not appear to be an official release from the station. An incredibly witty NDSU fan copied their seating chart, added the very original Sioux comment and posted it to the station's page. I'm guessing the station removed it as soon as they became aware of the posting.

I don't understand you Darell...First the name is not worth the cost, then to justify your position you have stated the name is really not the team/school, and then some R-tard in Fargo decides to say Sioux Suck and you get your underwear in a knot...Why? If the name and logo are not the team, then why get angry at all when someone taunts you with the name and logo? Is it because the name and logo are the same as the team??? I thought you didn't believe that given your repetitive incantation of how the name and logo are not the school? So which is it? Confused in ND...

Instead of getting all worked up about it, why not just ignore it and feel sorry for them if this is what they focus on leading up to a national semi-final game that isn't even against us.

Perfect...just goes to tell you that the healing process has really never started on the Farm...Maybe it will pour some salt in their wounds when we are in the Big Sky and call ourselves "North Dakota"....

I don't understand you Darell...First the name is not worth the cost, then to justify your position you have stated the name is really not the team/school, and then some R-tard in Fargo decides to say Sioux Suck and you get your underwear in a knot...Why? If the name and logo are not the team, then why get angry at all when someone taunts you with the name and logo? Is it because the name and logo are the same as the team??? I thought you didn't believe that given your repetitive incantation of how the name and logo are not the school? So which is it? Confused in ND...

I love the Sioux name and logo!! When someone says the Sioux suck I get angry. Just like someone could come up to me and say the Central Redskins suck. It would make me mad even though Central is no longer the Redskins. When NDSU says the Sioux suck you know they mean the team. That team is UND no matter what the nickname is. My position is I bleed green and white. I love UND. IMO the best for UND athletics is to retire the name since the NCAA said they don't care about any state laws and the Big Sky said we could lose membership if we keep the name and remain on the H&A list. There is more to UND than hockey. I love UND football, and joining the Big Sky is the best thing to happen to UND in 2011 (bigger than any GWC, GWFC titles). We lose the Big Sky we lose football and basketball. That leaves just hockey and I don't want UND to be a one sport school.

Well I wanted to not give a comment on this thread, but I just can't let that go.

Funny that there are people in Fargo that think the Sioux Suck. That's fine.

Outside of North Dakota, people in other areas of the country care about the Fighting Sioux, their Football, Volleyball, Basketball and of course their Men's hockey programs/teams.

I've been around a lot of places in this country and everyone knows and loves the Fighting Sioux, no body gives a sh*t about the Bison! Trust me. And I am a born and raised North Dakotan.

I love the Sioux name and logo!! When someone says the Sioux suck I get angry. Just like someone could come up to me and say the Central Redskins suck. It would make me mad even though Central is no longer the Redskins. When NDSU says the Sioux suck you know they mean the team. That team is UND no matter what the nickname is. My position is I bleed green and white. I love UND. IMO the best for UND athletics is to retire the name since the NCAA said they don't care about any state laws and the Big Sky said we could lose membership if we keep the name and remain on the H&A list. There is more to UND than hockey. I love UND football, and joining the Big Sky is the best thing to happen to UND in 2011 (bigger than any GWC, GWFC titles). We lose the Big Sky we lose football and basketball. That leaves just hockey and I don't want UND to be a one sport school.

Just to get this straight...You are willing to let the nickname and logo go if it means we can find a conference for Football and Basketball, but you want it keep it and hold it in high regard when an R-tard in Fargo who says Sioux Suck...Wow...speechless.

• Upvote 1

Just to get this straight...You are willing to let the nickname and logo go if it means we can find a conference for Football and Basketball, but you want it keep it and hold it in high regard when an R-tard in Fargo who says Sioux Suck...Wow...speechless.

I am saying I am willing to let the name go if it means losing our athletic department which it pretty much will do, but anyone who is saying Sioux Suck is disrespecting the school...not just the name. Like I said we are still the Sioux until the end of the year, and I will still say go Sioux, and wear Sioux apparel. Just because we change the name doesn't mean I can't say go Sioux.

Let's try something. Read what someone responds to you by putting words together to make a sentence. Its a great concept in trying to understand what a person is saying. Did you read when Darell said "When NDSU says the Sioux suck you know they mean the team." NDSU fans will continue to chant this at games. Even through the name will be long gone, everyone knows who they are talking about. So basically saying "Sioux suck" means "UND sucks." And guess what, that pisses people off.

• Upvote 3

Let's try something. Read what someone responds to you by putting words together to make a sentence. Its a great concept in trying to understand what a person is saying. Did you read when Darell said "When NDSU says the Sioux suck you know they mean the team." NDSU fans will continue to chant this at games. Even through the name will be long gone, everyone knows who they are talking about. So basically saying "Sioux suck" means "UND sucks." And guess what, that pisses people off.

Thank you!!!

Here is a pic(from Facebook) from Bob 95.1 a country station here in Fargo.

I think this station should be boycotted and they should have to apoligize. There would be major issues if KFGO was still doing Sioux sports since they are owned by the same company.

Country music is reason enough for me to boycott them. :lol:

Apparently, they never considered that the word "Suck" would be upside down to anyone at the game.

• Upvote 1