SiouxSports.com Forum

Clueless fans?

Goon

2. The magic word for the University of North Dakota football team is BARELY. You BARELY beat St. Cloud. You BARELY beat South Dakota State. You BARELY beat NDSU. You BARELY beat Nebraska-Omaha. And you BARELY beat Winona State.

Do you realize that you have invited WILL HARLON HALL to Grand Forks, North Dakota. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?!?!

POINT 1 - the magic word is BEAT not barely

Point 2 - We've invited Michael Anthony Hall's DAD to the game!!! GREAT - maybe he can tell us where the hell his kid has been since "16 Candles" - oh, that's your QB??? oh yeah...I found his pic on an earlier post here...http://members.aol.com/lafimprov/cletus.jpg

Y'all remember to go out and get some shoes before you head up here!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the fans of the poorer team always do, they are avoiding the topic at hand--FOOTBALL!!!

Better open your eyes and look at the other thread.

UND is awful.
Funny, but last I checked we were in the semifinals with only 1 loss. Do you have some proof of this. Have you watched any of our games?

Since the NCAA is into bending rules, maybe they will let you field 12 or 13 players on defense.

Not to beat a subject to death, but we've never given out "extra" money.

A school with 13,000+ students can only bring 7,200 fans to a playoff quarter-final game? Are you kidding me? UNA (with 5,500 students) brought 9,500 fans last weekend.

It's called Thanksgiving break. We have about 60,000 people in GF area, so even 6,000 fans is 10% of our population.

Start thinking and backing up your facts before you start talking smack.

Finally, I know it's mostly done for fun, but I hope none of you actually believe some of the stuff you say about the state of Alabama. We have all our teeth, we wear shoes, we date outside of the family, we even have high-speed internet! ;) And as far as race relations go, Alabama is COMPLETELY different from the state you may have seen on TV in the 60s. We still have a long way to go to have true racial equality, as the rest of the nation does. But I would say that life in Alabama today is not too terribly different than life in North Dakota. Except, you know... a little bit warmer ???. I've never ben to ND, but would like to go someday. Unfortunately I I'll try to stay on the board here this week, if y'all will have me. Good luck to the Sioux, and may the best team win!

Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the sincerity! We do appreciate it and you are welcome here! LORD KNOWS these boards seem meant for flaming and I can hardly plead innocent (YEAH!!) but I know Alabama and ND aren't that very much differnent. I was there in 2001 and found the folks around AL very friendly and accomodating. Had a very good time there really and would go back (although NOT to the local Waffle House at 12:30 am in Huntsville but that's ANOTHER story..) ANYWAY - we look forward to good game this weekend - may the best team win! On paper that is OBVIOUSLY you guys but the Sioux have found A way all season and we're hoping that's the case for this game - and after all, that's why they actually play the games.

Regards to our Southern Friends! Hope you can make it ND (don't mind the weather - you'll find the people are warm) PLUS the AL is a GREAT venue for DII football! C'mon up and you'll see!!

SMN

There is nothing like ignorance.....if you are smart as you think you are, you would obviously know a little more than outdated racial slurs and foul jokes of one's heritage.

But then again, I forgive you, because I realize that the brain is not the first thing to speak when you start trash-talking; its another body part usually found a little lower on the body.

Yes, I am from Alabama, and yes, I attend UNA, and just because of your comments, I hope that our team shows you how much of "rednecks" we are.

But then again, some of you are the types of individuals that would continue to mock this state and our school because we "cheated" or had an act of God or ate mutated Wheaties. Excuses are for the weak; acceptance is for the honorable. Learn the diference.

Boy, you win the grand prize for being thin-skinned & a 1st-class wussy. Like many others have said here, go to USCHO.com where you'll experience real trash-talking. We're only having some good-natured fun so get a grip, cancel next semester's sensitivity classes & act like a man...

I have to say, for seeing football firsthand at UND that I am proud to have a team that is competitive in all that it does.

I've followed Sioux hockey since I was a kid (it's all I talked about...even while going to MN schools where they brainwash you into Gopherdom...another thread...)

Sioux football was pretty new to me when I came up here in 2001, and I was kind of disappointed that we can't enjoy a good outdoor game as in previous years. That year I attended all of the home football games at the Al, cheered with the Sioux Crew...and even worked the sidelines after giving VIP passes during the first quarter.

I got my younger sister to come for the homecoming game because I thought it would be fun for her...little did I know it'd be our only loss of the season, a heartbreaker.

On the subject, this team has something SPECIAL going. They must know that they are going to win ahead of time because even when they are getting beat around/surrendering leads they never give up hope, and have pulled off some thrillers.

I love watching this team play for that reason; they are exciting.The nat'l championship game in 2001 almost slipped away from us, and was probably the best ending to a football game that I've ever seen.

When I came here I thought a national championship in hockey would be the first thing I see, but I soon learned the thrill of Sioux football. Winning games the way they are takes heart, and determination. We'll see if UND can spring an early lead and test UNA's heart and determination...if so, let's hope they don't let it slip away. Either way I'm proud, and am looking forward to a great game!

GO SIOUX!!

Boy, you win the grand prize for being thin-skinned & a 1st-class wussy. Like many others have said here, go to USCHO.com where you'll experience real trash-talking. We're only having some good-natured fun so get a grip, cancel next semester's sensitivity classes & act like a man...

You have to love fans who go to an opposing team's boards and cry about "respect" and related drivel. (Must be a "southern thing".) Sort of like to going to somebody's house and complaining when they ask you to remove your shoes at the door. Then again, "shoes" is probably an alien concept for certain newbies here. You can definitely tell the UNA gene pool is pretty shallow down there, because the responses from the UNA crowd are pretty weak. Maybe a few slugs of "white lightnin'" and a roll with their mother/sister Ellie Mae will make them feel better. ???;)

FWIW: UA-H actually does have a pretty nice hockey program, and you good ol' boys may want to see a "real sport" in action. :)

Well, well, well...how cute. Cute little discussion board. Cute little Alabama jokes. Cute little arena that holds your cute little cheerleaders, I mean, defense. As the fans of the poorer team always do, you are avoiding the topic at hand--FOOTBALL!!! What a concept! NOT women's basketball, NOT ice-fishing, and NOT hockey. Were you serious when you showed those hockey banners?!?! I wouldn't use those things for toilet paper!

In case you forgot, we were talking about a football game this Saturday. Let's look at the FACTS:

1. UND is awful. Your defense gives up 20 points per game!!! Hello??? Is this thing on? 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you forgot to field a defense during a few of those games. Perhaps they were outside of your cozy little arena shoveling snow or feeding their sled dogs. NOTE TO UND: Remind your defense to come to Alerus Center this Saturday at 1 pm. Since the NCAA is into bending rules, maybe they will let you field 12 or 13 players on defense. That would even things up nicely.

2. The magic word for the University of North Dakota football team is BARELY. You BARELY beat St. Cloud. You BARELY beat South Dakota State. You BARELY beat NDSU. You BARELY beat Nebraska-Omaha. And you BARELY beat Winona State. I'm not sure if you are aware of the laws of probability, but YOUR LUCK IS RUNNING OUT! You will like that word "BARELY" this Saturday when you BARELY score a point, BARELY hold UNA under 50 points, and NOT-SO-BARELY miss the chance to win another national championship.

A school with 13,000+ students can only bring 7,200 fans to a playoff quarter-final game? Are you kidding me? UNA (with 5,500 students) brought 9,500 fans last weekend. Are you people even proud of your team??? Your stadium is more sparsely populated than your desolate state.

As UNAFan05 mentioned, I want to invite each of you to watch ESPN on December 13. Your defense will probably be outside ice-skating together, BUT call them in, sit them down, and make them watch the game. Better yet, give them all note pads so they can take notes.

Do you realize that you have invited Will Harlon Hall to Grand Forks, North Dakota. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?!?! You just don't understand do you? Well, you will young bison-wannabe's, you will. Keep up the Alabama jokes. You better get all of them in while you can. Your poor little "BARELY" season is coming to a dreadful, embarrassing end. Sorry...

Ok, son, the magic word there that you are missing is BEAT. A win = a WIN = A WIN!!!, do you understand? It doesn't matter that we BEAT SCSU by a point, or that we BEAT SDSU by a point, or that we stopped the Bison on the goal line to win in OT, or that we blew a 21 point lead to Winona, the only thing that matters is that all of those games resulted with check marks in the "W" column. I can appreciate that UNA is undefeated, and it sounds like there are some great players on your team, but if the team comes up here with the same attitude that you seem to have, UND will BEAT UNA, and maybe we will just BARELY do it!

1. UND is awful. Your defense gives up 20 points per game!!! Hello??? Is this thing on? 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The magic word for the University of North Dakota football team is BARELY. You BARELY beat St. Cloud. You BARELY beat South Dakota State. You BARELY beat NDSU. You BARELY beat Nebraska-Omaha. And you BARELY beat Winona State. I'm not sure if you are aware of the laws of probability, but YOUR LUCK IS RUNNING OUT! You will like that word "BARELY" this Saturday when you BARELY score a point, BARELY hold UNA under 50 points, and NOT-SO-BARELY miss the chance to win another national championship.

Barely-All translate to wins. A win is a win is a win.

Chris-

No one truly believes what is said about Alabama, although some of us seem to use it to throw back at those who don't understand who we are.

You see, the only thing that makes us stand out to people outside of the upper midwest who are not hockey fans is the movie "Fargo." Which is nothing but stereotypes. In fact, that's the reason I refuse to watch anything done by the producers of "Fargo." I don't need to sit in a theater to watch the place I grew up in insulted and and the people made out to look like idiouts. Not all of us are dumb norweigens just like not everyone at UNA are dumb rednecks.

We have tradition here at UND and we draw fans. Unfortunately, football is the #2 sport at our University, so the sport draws less fans than our #1 sport, which is hockey. We regularly draw 9,000 to 12,000 fans to hockey games depending upon the opponent so we are not ignorant of sports up here.

UNA is definitely the team to beat. You guys have a great football team, but I know nothing about you or even your University in general. But I expect this to be THE game of the playoffs for UND. If we win, we will win another National Championship, I'm positive of this. If we don't, we did good this season and have nothing to be ashamed of losing to a superior opponent.

Redwing-

Thanks for the comments. I realize the stuff said about Alabama is all in fun, I just usually find myself on the defensive out of habit. I've seen Fargo, and it does have some funny moments, if you don't mind me saying. But I understand it's in no way an accurate picture of how life really is in ND. Doesn't that movie actually take place in Brainerd, Minnesota? Never understood the title.

As for as some of the ignorant UNA "fans" I've seen on here, I apologize. They embarass me. Every school has them, unfortunately, as you guys surely know. It just makes it hard to appear to be a classy University and fan base when you have morons running off their mouths when they really don't have a clue.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling post. Already having flame wars on Monday, sheesh. I don't care what you say, I think you people DO take football as seriously as us :) .

Good luck Sioux! Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

Yeah. What he said. We don't need no help looking like idiouts. :)

Bah, PCM. It's the Canadian spelling :)

After all, the Cohen brothers put out a movie about Arizona, North Dakota, and they may as well hit Canada too... but then again, South Park will always have the cornerstone in making fun of Canada.

As for Fargo, the movie was filmed mainly in Bismarck, Brainerd (MN), White Bear Lake (MN), and the Twin Cities (Minneapolis, St. Paul). However, there was one scene, the opening scene I think, that was actually filmed in Fargo. Oh, and I think there was some filming in Grand Forks too. But, no, nothing from Fargo really. And there were even three actors in the movie from Fargo: the actress who gets kidnapped in the beginning, and the two bad guys. Notice how none have accents. What a bad movie.

It would be like making a movie called Florence (Why? I don't know) and then filming the entire thing in Baton Rouge.

After all, the Cohen brothers put out a movie about Arizona, North Dakota, and they may as well hit Canada too... but then again, South Park will always have the cornerstone in making fun of Canada.

As for Fargo, the movie was filmed mainly in Bismarck, Brainerd (MN), White Bear Lake (MN), and the Twin Cities (Minneapolis, St. Paul). However, there was one scene, the opening scene I think, that was actually filmed in Fargo. Oh, and I think there was some filming in Grand Forks too. But, no, nothing from Fargo really. And there were even three actors in the movie from Fargo: the actress who gets kidnapped in the beginning, and the two bad guys. Notice how none have accents. What a bad movie.

It would be like making a movie called Florence (Why? I don't know) and then filming the entire thing in Baton Rouge.

The opening scene could have been filmed anywhere that had snow and a road.

The "king of hearts" bar is in Minneapolis, not Fargo.

Actually some of the Fargo movie was filmed in NE ND I believe around Caviler.