SiouxSports.com Forum

Clueless fans?

Goon

Hey Goon, we have heard of hockey, but since we live in beautiful warm Alabama we can go out and do something more constructive instead of playing in the snow and ice.

I picture of ANAGRAD celebrating his graduation from that fine institution.

http://members.aol.com/lafimprov/cletus.jpg

Sorry I'm not much of a football fan, but take offense to anyone knocking hockey.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came over to this board to read about North Dakota football, but all I can find out about is how stupid, ignorant, toothless and how much UNA cheats. Why do you feel that it is necessary to constantly run down the opponent? Do you run us down, so you will feel better about your own team?

Hey Goon, we have heard of hockey, but since we live in beautiful warm Alabama we can go out and do something more constructive instead of playing in the snow and ice.

One last point before I go. You had better treat the UNA fans with respect, because there will be a lot more of us in the stands on December 13th at the National Championship game than North Dakota will be able to bring if they beat UNA on Saturday. We would be happy to pull for your opponent if you make it to the championship game.

Seems to me UNAGRAD has been treated pretty nicely as opposed to what his counterparts on the UNA message board did as described in Goon's quote that started the thread

Well it is official the NCAA has royally screwed up again but that is ok because our toughest games/wins this year have been on the road. Our s.o.s is actually a little higher according to the GSC rep on the selection committee but the vote for UND to host next saturday was cast before he joined the conference call. Oh well that just means that we will definitely be able to call ourselves the undisputed national champion on Dec. 13. I would love to come to the game but finding a ticket on any major airline that flys into Grand Forks is impossible. So we will just listen and go ahead and start preperations for the championship game.

Well it is official the NCAA has royally screwed up again but that is ok because our toughest games/wins this year have been on the road. Our s.o.s is actually a little higher according to the GSC rep on the selection committee but the vote for UND to host next saturday was cast before he joined the conference call. Oh well that just means that we will definitely be able to call ourselves the undisputed national champion on Dec. 13. I would love to come to the game but finding a ticket on any major airline that flys into Grand Forks is impossible. So we will just listen and go ahead and start preperations for the championship game.

How do you not make it to a conference call that votes on something so important? If I were you guys I'd have your rep fired.

You'll pay an arm and a leg to fly to GF on Northworst. You might have to rent a car from some other city. Fargo, Minneapolis, Sioux Falls.

Well that is the joke is that the vote was already cast before the call. But anyway UNA is going to charter a flight for the fans. To quote Coach Hudspeth, "We are fast on grass wait till you see us on turf." The easiest games UNA had in the championshop run were in the semis against slow pound it out teams like UND. So just like I witnessed during 93-95 we should run circles around the slow corn-fed boys form North Dakota.

And to make sure that everyone understands UNA won all 3 championships with less than the full amount of scholarships. The infractions happened before the run and we still won an unprecedented 3 in a row with less than the full amount of scholarships.

It is going to be an interesting week since everyone has already found the boards and it is just Sunday. I am trying my best to make to Grand Forks but finding a flight under $900 is d*** near impossible.

UNA has got a great team and it is exciting to watch them play. As long as they execute they have a great chance to win it all so regardless it will be a great game to be at and I encourage everyone within driving distance to be there.

I just had a premonition that Jim is about 3 posts away from blowing up this thread (even though it's rivalry week & it's not every year that Sioux football fans can talk smack on a national level) ;)

Come on now, I didn't intervene when people were making complete asses of themselves Bison week, and this game is infinitely bigger. It's the trolls who swoop in out of nowhere and feel the need to post the same mindless smack in every thread to the point of burying all legitimate conversation that make me really unhappy. I'd given up on this thread long ago after making an attempt to turn it toward football.

On the other hand, we'll see what the next 2 posts are ???

To quote Coach Hudspeth, "We are fast on grass wait till you see us on turf." The easiest games UNA had in the championshop run were in the semis against slow pound it out teams like UND. So just like I witnessed during 93-95 we should run circles around the slow corn-fed boys form North Dakota.

Sounds like UNA thinks they have the sure win. Nothing like overconfidence. I think UNA is going to be surprised at our team speed. 93 was ten years and one coach ago. I'd hope that both teams have evolved since then.

This looks like it is gonna be a fun week. We are going to get to talk to people who make the stupidest Bison fan look like a Rhodes Scholar. I can't wait. Unfortunately for people like ScottM and Sicatoka though, their insults will be pointless as our friends from UNA won't be able to understand the compound words that they will use. The only thing the posts will do is confuse and distress the Lion fans. Perhaps we could be nice and help educate the masses of Alabama by sending dictionaries with the Sioux when they travel down to Florence in a week or so.

Yes let's give the UNA fans tea and crumpets and give them back massages at the game COME ON!!! This is playoff football and bad mouthing is all fun and games. I worked for the 94 team(That was me in the endzone on the cherrypicker taping the games BBBBBBBRRRRRRR COLD) and I want a little revenge. If we win this I might hop in the car and chug my butt down to Alabama for the game.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I see that there are more stream yellow fans posting at UNA's site than Sioux fans. At first I was wondering why. Then I realized they have nothing better to do, because their mighty dIAA team couldn't make the DII playoffs. And they are jealous and ashamed because they know they couldn't compete with us so they had to leave.

Whatever UNA fan was begging us to be nice better look at their own board. Worse than USCHO (which is a college hockey message board BTW).

Doppler is right on with his comment on bigoted slurs.

Just thought I'd let the Siouxper Fans in on Northern Alabama. Mainly, these guys are thin and fast, look more like basketball players than football. I'd be a little worried with them on turf, but your defense is should be able to stop them.

I'd assume most of them are at UNA because they weren't too good with the numbers and the writin one needs at a real big University.

Hey Sioux fans...

I must say that as a big UNA fan, I am excited about the game this weekend. I was a little surprised that the game will be played in Grand Forks, but that's alright. UNA has won tough games on the road this season. We beat D-1AA Jacksonville State, Southern Arkansas, and Valdosta State at their places. So it should defintely be fun for the Lions to come into the Alerus Center and play a team with the tradition of UND. It should be one heckuva battle!

Now, as for the post on AL.com that started this thread. Please don't pay attention to anything posted on that website. It is FILLED with thirteen year old, immature punks who wouldn't know how to treat an opponent with class if their life depended on it.

Finally, I know it's mostly done for fun, but I hope none of you actually believe some of the stuff you say about the state of Alabama. We have all our teeth, we wear shoes, we date outside of the family, we even have high-speed internet! ;) And as far as race relations go, Alabama is COMPLETELY different from the state you may have seen on TV in the 60s. We still have a long way to go to have true racial equality, as the rest of the nation does. But I would say that life in Alabama today is not too terribly different than life in North Dakota. Except, you know... a little bit warmer ???. I've never been to ND, but would like to go someday. Unfortunately I can't make this trip. Maybe some of you who have not been to Alabama can make it down here one day, if not in the championship game this year, then some other time.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. I'll try to stay on the board here this week, if y'all will have me. Good luck to the Sioux, and may the best team win!

Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

Well, well, well...how cute. Cute little discussion board. Cute little Alabama jokes. Cute little arena that holds your cute little cheerleaders, I mean, defense. As the fans of the poorer team always do, they are avoiding the topic at hand--FOOTBALL!!! What a concept! NOT women's basketball, NOT ice-fishing, and NOT hockey. Were you serious when you showed those hockey banners?!?!

In case you forgot, we were talking about a football game this Saturday. Let's look at the FACTS:

1. UND is awful. Your defense gives up 20 points per game!!! Hello??? Is this thing on? 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you forgot to field a defense during a few of those games. Perhaps they were outside of your cozy little arena shoveling snow or feeding their sled dogs. NOTE TO UND: Remind your defense to come to Alerus Center this Saturday at 1 pm. Since the NCAA is into bending rules, maybe they will let you field 12 or 13 players on defense. That would even things up nicely.

2. The magic word for the University of North Dakota football team is BARELY. You BARELY beat St. Cloud. You BARELY beat South Dakota State. You BARELY beat NDSU. You BARELY beat Nebraska-Omaha. And you BARELY beat Winona State. I'm not sure if you are aware of the laws of probability, but YOUR LUCK IS RUNNING OUT! You will like that word "BARELY" this Saturday when you BARELY score a point, BARELY hold UNA under 50 points, and NOT-SO-BARELY miss the chance to win another national championship.

A school with 13,000+ students can only bring 7,200 fans to a playoff quarter-final game? Are you kidding me? UNA (with 5,500 students) brought 9,500 fans last weekend. Are you people even proud of your team??? Your stadium is more sparsely populated than your desolate state.

As UNAFan05 mentioned, I want to invite each of you to watch ESPN on December 13. Your defense will probably be outside ice-skating together, BUT call them in, sit them down, and make them watch a game. Better yet, give them all note pads so they can take notes.

Do you realize that you have invited Will Hall to Grand Forks, North Dakota. You just don't understand do you? Well, you will young bison-wannabe's, you will. Keep up the Alabama jokes

Well, well, well...how cute. Cute little discussion board. Cute little Alabama jokes. Cute little arena that holds your cute little cheerleaders, I mean, defense. As the fans of the poorer team always do, you are avoiding the topic at hand--FOOTBALL!!! What a concept! NOT women's basketball, NOT ice-fishing, and NOT hockey. Were you serious when you showed those hockey banners?!?! I wouldn't use those things for toilet paper!

In case you forgot, we were talking about a football game this Saturday. Let's look at the FACTS:

1. UND is awful. Your defense gives up 20 points per game!!! Hello??? Is this thing on? 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you forgot to field a defense during a few of those games. Perhaps they were outside of your cozy little arena shoveling snow or feeding their sled dogs. NOTE TO UND: Remind your defense to come to Alerus Center this Saturday at 1 pm. Since the NCAA is into bending rules, maybe they will let you field 12 or 13 players on defense. That would even things up nicely.

2. The magic word for the University of North Dakota football team is BARELY. You BARELY beat St. Cloud. You BARELY beat South Dakota State. You BARELY beat NDSU. You BARELY beat Nebraska-Omaha. And you BARELY beat Winona State. I'm not sure if you are aware of the laws of probability, but YOUR LUCK IS RUNNING OUT! You will like that word "BARELY" this Saturday when you BARELY score a point, BARELY hold UNA under 50 points, and NOT-SO-BARELY miss the chance to win another national championship.

A school with 13,000+ students can only bring 7,200 fans to a playoff quarter-final game? Are you kidding me? UNA (with 5,500 students) brought 9,500 fans last weekend. Are you people even proud of your team??? Your stadium is more sparsely populated than your desolate state.

As UNAFan05 mentioned, I want to invite each of you to watch ESPN on December 13. Your defense will probably be outside ice-skating together, BUT call them in, sit them down, and make them watch the game. Better yet, give them all note pads so they can take notes.

Do you realize that you have invited Will Harlon Hall to Grand Forks, North Dakota. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?!?! You just don't understand do you? Well, you will young bison-wannabe's, you will. Keep up the Alabama jokes. You better get all of them in while you can. Your poor little "BARELY" season is coming to a dreadful, embarrassing end. Sorry...

Yeah - I've been to the BANANA BELT in 2001 (ie Florence and surrounding environs) - how about if you guys go out and do something about the surrounding area? We have a new thing...it's called PAINT...you put in on your house and it makes it look better. I'm not even going to comment about the local cuisine - we have garbage cans instead of that "stuff" you call food at the WAFFLE HOUSE. BTW - We've done just fine playing in the "snow and ice" - SEE 7 DI Championships against schools you jokers only dream of playing - and we'll see how many "locals' show up when we play Kingsville for the National Championship in your hometown - you don't have a great record of showing up for much of anything except your probation hearing!

Glad you are able to properly operate your computer so that you coul dpost that wonderful message twice. Oh wait, the second message is a bit different as you were able to add to it.

The key word to UND is BEAT. As in they beat every team you talked about. It doesn't really matter how much they win by because they won. You can dance and prance and brag about your little boy Hall all you want, the same thing will happen to you that happens to all the other teams that play UND. You have victory snatched from you and your little Alabama hearts will be broken. It will be OK though because then on December 13th, you'll get to see the mighty Sioux in person. And then you'll get to see the same thing happen all over again. You'll be cheering for GVSU/Kingsville and be all cocky, but then boom Johnny Bowencamp will make another wonderful pass and Travis Lueck will run for another 60 yards and you'll go home dissappointed. And you are damn right we give up 20 points/game and just like you said that is without a defense. We don't play with defense. We are that good. We win without playing defense. If we played defense, it just wouldn't be fair to the other teams. We got to make them feel mildly confident that they have a prayer.

Nice use of the whole Bison thing too. Congratulations that was as original as can be. You'd be what, a Tide wannabe or a Tiger wannabe? And as has been mentioned, you sincerely tried doing that in the early 90's.