SiouxSports.com Forum

Clueless fans?

Goon

Now, now...we can't go dissapointing our UNA guests and change the topic. No doubt UNA is a good football team, and will be a difficult team to beat. That said, all this smack talk is all in fun.

Now, Lion fans have given us crap about not moving to D1-AA. Remind me what Division they play in. Oh, yes D2. Pot, meet kettle :) . Just so you're all aware, it isn't fiscally responsible for us to field 3, yes THREE (as opposed to UNA's 0...I think) Division 1 programs. The other two are hockey.

BTW...UNA fans, ask tOSU what happens when you BARELY beat people... :) . Just in case you don't have ESPN down there yet...they won an NC.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Fargo, and it does have some funny moments, if you don't mind me saying. But I understand it's in no way an accurate picture of how life really is in ND. Doesn't that movie actually take place in Brainerd, Minnesota? Never understood the title.

It's called 'Fargo' because at the beginning of the movie, the main character (played by William Macy) goes to Fargo, N.D. to meet his thugs and bring them a car. The kidnapping plan was put in place in Fargo.

I'm from North Dakota and I loved the movie. Of course it's a stereotype, but would life be any fun without stereotypes? :)

Where are all them good ol' boys? Oh well, must be in front of the tube watching Springer, NASCAR or Dukes of Hazzard reruns...

:) LOL Careful with the NASCAR/good ole boy stereotypes. I not sure I am much different than a country boy from the south. I love NASCAR and World of Outlaws racing circuts, I hunt Deer, Ducks Pheasants, Grouse and there is probably a box of lose shot gun shells in my blazer. And today I found a streak of deer blood on my blazer that Valley Dairy Car Wash forgot to clean off.

:) LOL Careful with the NASCAR/good ole boy stereotypes. I not sure I am much different than a country boy from the south. I love NASCAR and World of Outlaws racing circuts, I hunt Deer, Ducks Pheasants, Grouse and there is probably a box of lose shot gun shells in my blazer. And today I found a streak of deer blood on my blazer that Valley Dairy Car Wash forgot to clean off.

Believe it or not, the majority of NASCAR fans, demographically, reside north of the Mason-Dixon Line, so I find that stereotype is not only a stupid stereotype, but also false to begin with.

In any case, when the top three sports in terms of growing fanbase is NASCAR, Poker, and bowling, you know the US is screwed up.

Lets be honest here. We should not be getting on this Alabaman's case. We should be applauding him. The simple fact that he knows how to put together a coherent sentence and then turn on a computer and type that coherent senctence is a miracle!!!!!!

Just remember they dont have much else to do down there except the foosball.

Crimson Tide Rejects!!!!

And today I found a streak of deer blood on my blazer that Valley Dairy Car Wash forgot to clean off.

Sounds like enough PC to me to do a search. And you're supposed to shoot 'em, not run into 'em with your truck. Sounds like you have become a true ND hunter :)

All those character flaws you listed are forgiven & forgotten because of your allegiance towards Sioux hockey :);)

In any case, when the top three sports in terms of growing fanbase is NASCAR, Poker, and bowling, you know the US is screwed up.

You know the US is in trouble when these stupid things are classified as sports. Two of them involve heavy drinking while participating in and the other involves driving over the same piece of land for 3 hours. What a waste. Next thing you know, you'll be able to become a professional internet poster. Hey, I kinda like that idea. I'd make millions!

You know the US is in trouble when these stupid things are classified as sports. Two of them involve heavy drinking while participating in and the other involves driving over the same piece of land for 3 hours. What a waste. Next thing you know, you'll be able to become a professional internet poster. Hey, I kinda like that idea. I'd make millions!

So all the punks that cruise S. Wash are now considered playing a sport. :)

Millions shmillions..you'd be a frickin' billionaire & you know it. :)

I agree with your assessment of NASCAR. HELLLLLOOOO?! What's the appeal of this anyway & how am I supposed to get any entertainment out of this?! This is probably one of the things keeping aliens from making contact with us--they see a bunch of humanoids with just brain stems, sitting in blistering heat & drinking cheap beer while they watch in amazement a bunch of souped-up cars going around an oval track..again..& again..& again..& yet again..& again..& once again...

Sorry, Goon, this wasn't directed at you; just had to get that off my chest as it baffles me why this "sport" is so popular.

Millions shmillions..you'd be a frickin' billionaire & you know it. ;)

I agree with your assessment of NASCAR. HELLLLLOOOO?! What's the appeal of this anyway & how am I supposed to get any entertainment out of this?! This is probably one of the things keeping aliens from making contact with us--they see a bunch of humanoids with just brain stems, sitting in blistering heat & drinking cheap beer while they watch in amazement a bunch of souped-up cars going around an oval track..again..& again..& again..& yet again..& again..& once again...

Sorry, Goon, this wasn't directed at you; just had to get that off my chest as it baffles me why this "sport" is so popular.

NASCAR entertainment is summed up in two words: CRASH and FIGHT.

Crashes are fun to watch on TV (hopefully they dont get hurt but still...)

Fights are fun to watch because it's a bunch of weirdos in leather or nomex outfits brighter than the Rose Bowl parade floats throwing punches then swilling cheap champaigne.

I don't know. I have the mentality for Poker, NASCAR, and basketball such that if it cannot be shown in a 5 second clip on Sportscenter, it ain't worth watching the event. Hockey is the exception to the rule.

Oh, and SFiP, I'm not Mapletoft's alterego. That chump owes me royalty money! :):)

Just for the record, I'm a diehard North Alabama Lions fan, a diehard Alabama Crimson Tide fan, and I have lived in Alabama all of my life, but... I absolutely HATE the "sport" of NASCAR.

As sioux fan in phoenix said, how anybody can sit in the hot sun for three or four hours watching cars go around, and around, and around, and around... ugh, I have a headache just thinking about it. Then you will hear NASCAR fans say that it's a lot more exciting at the track than on TV. If that's the case, how in the bloody HELL can you stand to sit in front of a TV for hours on end watching it?

I guess the alcohol plays an important part in that.

Hmm, I'm a southerner that doesn't care for watching NASCAR, has never hunted a day in his life, and hasn't went fishing in about five years now. How would y'all stereotype me? Transplanted yankee? :)

Good luck Sioux, and Go Lions!!!

Chris H. in Florence, AL

we had a lot of Sag-Nasty fans on our own message board last week talking a lot of trash. even at the game there they attempted to recreate the whiteout that we did to them when they beat us at our place in Oct. with some shirt that said GVS....who?? we had more of our fans pack into their crappy little stadium. and guess who came out the winner this time with the last laugh? so, let's all remember there is a reason why they actually have the playoffs here in D2, and what is said on message boards does little but incite the other side.

also, to the North Alabama fans, we would like to mention that we haven't had any home playoff game this year; we had to play at Bentley, who's field was so high school, and im talking a dirt poor high school.

Go sioux!! and see you in Bama.

also, to the North Alabama fans, we would like to mention that we haven't had any home playoff game this year; we had to play at Bentley, who's field was so high school, and im talking a dirt poor high school.

Isn't UNA's home field actually owned by a high school? I thought I remember someone explaining that to me in 2001.

Ha ha! Keep dreaming you loser Lakers! You all better charter a flight to Grand Forks to help cheer UND. They're gonna need all the help they can get and it's going to be a long afternoon for them. You better pray you don't win this Saturday against the Texas Correctional Facility, or else you will have to come to Florence on UNA's HOME FIELD!!! Here's an idea: Call the NCAA and see if they can let Curt Anes suit up for that one. That might be your only chance! By the way, when you go to Grand Forks this Saturday to cheer on the fighting SioUX, bring a batch of brownies. I heard the UND defense is having a bake sale after the game! Right after that, you can join them at a big slumber party where they're gonna braid each other's hair and watch reruns of the Care Bears! GO LIONS!!!!!!!!

The stadium is owned by the city and UNA jointly. It is on the campus of the oldest high school in the city. Braly Muncipial Stadium is the official name.

Ahhhhh, that would explain it. I do remember a high school being right by it.

Actually I can probably tell you my theory on why racing is so popular. Its appeal to fans is second to none. The drivers for the most part are down to earth guys, with an exception a few that fill in nicely as the villians. Kurt Busch comes to mind this season, with some of his antics. Auto racing is an awesome sport, because its wide open, they are driving an automobile 190-200 miles an hour, its an endurance and a grueling sport. Before someone says that its not a sport they don't know what they are talkin about, trust me the drivers are athletes.

NASCAR is often unfairly maligned for being a sport for uninformed rednecks or that its for unsophisticated toothless inbread people, blah, blah, blah, the same old stuff. However, it is far from it. Auto racing is a very technical sport, Winston Cup teams spend thousands if not millions of dollars on figuring out the winning combination, in the wind tunnell and also on the race track. Its a billion dollar busniess. Also if your ever board and its snowing outside check out a race, its fun to watch.

Up here in Grand Forks there are no NASCAR tracks but I do manage to watch quite a bit of it on Television... I do some day plan to go to a NASCAR race some where. Also, the past two season I was in a NASCAR fantasy league. Yikes...

Hmm, I'm a southerner that doesn't care for watching NASCAR, has never hunted a day in his life, and hasn't went fishing in about five years now. How would y'all stereotype me? Transplanted yankee? :huh:

Good luck Sioux, and Go Lions!!!

Chris H. in Florence, AL

I was going to ask you what did in your free time? :D No hunting? :D

Golf perhaps? If I quit all of those things I would be home a lot more.

Ducktober, Deervember, Hockey-Football and going to the Races. Hum...