SiouxSports.com Forum

Clueless fans?

Goon

I should have figured out long ago that your hospitality & graciousness had a Southern flavor & that your love of NASCAR was a dead giveaway to your Southern heritage :)

SFiP-

How many times must I bail your desert butt out? Most of the NASCAR fans are in the NORTH. Most of the NASCAR DRIVERS are from the South. Hmmm how does that work?

If you want to insult the Southerners, talk about the Duke Boys or perhaps Nashville :silly:

Or the one reason why everyone dislikes the south: Jeff Foxworthy.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFiP-

How many times must I bail your desert butt out? Most of the NASCAR fans are in the NORTH. Most of the NASCAR DRIVERS are from the South. Hmmm how does that work?

If you want to insult the Southerners, talk about the Duke Boys or perhaps Nashville :silly:

Or the one reason why everyone dislikes the south: Jeff Foxworthy.

RW77

Have you ever been to the south? Nascar is a religion down there. Only in the past couple of years, has NASCAR really grown over the country and attracted fans, especially in the north. I'm not sure if you have ever experienced a NASCAR race in the south, but it is treated like the Super Bowl. There are a lot more drivers coming from the north and the far west. I'm not saying any fans are better than other ones, just that you saying there are more fans in the north, I think is wrong.

Wrote by a Rube in Dixie.

Yeah, buddy, you were right on there, weren't you? Will Hall can HAVE the Harlon Hill award, UND will play for the National Championship. Boo hoo, we were the #1 team, we had to go on the road, boo hoo... You know why you were undefeated? You only played 3 teams that had winning records!!! That, by definition, means you played a "cupcake" schedule. I hope your players enjoyed scarfing down those "pastries" all year, because now their year is over! I have nothing against UNA or its fans, but I love to force feed crow to people like you!!

NOTE: I realize that the person who originally posted this put it on another board, but I can't seem to get registered correctly to post there. I just needed to get this out, I have been thinking about a response ever since the game ended. Go SIOUX!! Let's get another one!!

This putz can't be for real. I think its funny how ESPN wasn't picking up on this issue.

Part 1

Posted by UNAfan2003 "aka the whiner"During the Star Spangled Banner, as the singer said "and the Home of the Brave"they all shouted Sioux,very redneck IMO. Then after the game, they ganged up on GVSU fans and started a beating them up.(thank God there was some UNA fans to break it up.) I hope these classless rednecks never come back to Florence. For those of you who showed class, thank you, but the majority of fans give your a school a bad name.
Part 2

and they were very rude to GVSU's band at Halftime. Even some of the UND fans were telling their own to grow up!! Hopefully theyll all be out of here by Monday, back to their barren winter wasteland away from civilization.

" This one is from Siouxsux"Good riddance to those wretched Sioux. I hope they enjoy their 2 LOSS season! Life's a little rougher outside the Alerus Center I guess!
This guy must be an honor student at UNA

UNAjeff Another UNA rube On Braley or the Alerus Center would play them at Alerus just as well. I think 9 out of 10 times this year we beat them at either place. They were a good football team, but they played a perfect game at Alerus that day. Not the same football team we played that day that came to Florence yesterday.

These people need to move on and get over the fact that they lost.

call me a rube or whatever, but I stand by anything I have said on this board or the UNA board. I have made no claims about anything that I didn't see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears. You can't tell me you guys didn't play a perfect game that day.... you made no mistakes, we made many... I still think given the chance to do over, we win. There is no way the team that played at Braly yesterday was the same team that played in Alerus last week. I'm over the fact that we lost, just stating facts.

Jeff

They did play their best game of the year against UNA, but it wasn't perfect. UNA got outplayed and if they played the game again, the same thing would happen. UND was the better team. UND people have more to talk about in their chances to beat Grand Valley, seeing as they had their chance to do it at the end of the game. But you know what? They didn't do it and the Lakers won. If the game was replayed, perhaps UND would win. It doesn't matter though.

It seems to me that many UNA people refuse to give credit where it is due. UND won the game fair and square. It doesn't matter what might happen if they played again.

Agreed, as I said...anything I have stated is something that either happenned to me or I saw with my own eyes. But, you say we may not have won against three teams in NCC, same goes if you play in the GSC. You would have possibly lost to us, Valdosta and Southern Arkansas, so the coin flips both ways. The better team won that day, I have said many times. I think with another chance to play in Alerus, I am not sure the outcome would be the same. I would love for us to get a home and home.

I did see some and hear some things by UND fans at Alerus, didn't hear anything at Braly, but never did I say that was indicative of all UND fans.

Jeff

call me a rube or whatever, but I stand by anything I have said on this board or the UNA board.  I have made no claims about anything that I didn't see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears.  You can't tell me you guys didn't play a perfect game that day.... you made no mistakes, we made many... I still think given the chance to do over, we win.  There is no way the team that played at Braly yesterday was the same team that played in Alerus last week.  I'm over the fact that we lost, just stating facts.

Jeff

Jeff-

If it makes you feel better to think UND needed to play a "perfect game" to beat UNA, so be it. I think the reason UND won is because 1) UNA couldn't run the ball at all; and 2) UND was able to run the ball pretty effectively. Those two things are pretty basic to football and have nothing to do with luck or playing over one's head. Stopping the run is what UND has prided itself on for many years, so this wasn't a one-game aberration. UNA could throw pretty effectively, but any time a defense forces a team to be one-dimensional, it's very tough to win.

The physical nature of teams from the region formerly known as the midwest region and/or the upper midwest, i.e. UND, UNC, NW Mo. St. and Grand Valley St., have won the vast majority of national championships lately, and I don't think it has been a fluke. The south and the west teams have the speed, but tend not to be as physical and therefore have a difficult time winning titles since UNA's run from '93-'95.

UND 92,96

I think the speed of the South is a myth. UND had the same, if not more, team speed than UNA. Same thing for NDSU when they played Tusculum. The southern schools have more emphasis and highlight speed more than the northern schools, but aren't any faster.

It's two different systems- pass happy, speed running vs. power running, pass half the time. The defenses have adapted to the offenses- the south doesn't need the extra size to stop the power running, so they don't have it. A decent southern ILB would have a hard time playing SS in the NCC. :lol:

"faster" teams from the south have not fared to well indoors on turf against "corn-fed north dakotans" in the new millenia.. to mention a few

NDSU 03 28-7 W over Tusculum

01 48-9 W over Angelo State

00 52-7 W over TAMUK

UND 03 29-22 W over UNA (including garbage score)

03 42-23 W over Newberry

UND 92,96

I think the speed of the South is a myth. UND had the same, if not more, team speed than UNA. Same thing for NDSU when they played Tusculum. The southern schools have more emphasis and highlight speed more than the northern schools.

It's two different systems- pass happy, speed running vs. power running, pass half the time. The defenses have adapted to the offenses- the south doesn't need the extra size to stop the power running, so they don't have it. A decent southern ILB would have a hard time playing SS in the NCC.  :lol:

You may be right--I don't really know. I do think that if a guy runs a legit 4.5 or better, unless he's really small or has very few other skills, he's probably going to be playing at a level higher than dII. I think that applies regardless of region. The one thing I do notice is that the midwest teams tend to have offensive linemen in the 6'4" to 6'7" range, whereas the other regions have a tough time finding those types of players. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that the I-A's aren't recruiting MN, ND or SD harder than they do.

Agreed, as I said...anything I have stated is something that either happenned to me or I saw with my own eyes. But, you say we may not have won against three teams in NCC, same goes if you play in the GSC. You would have possibly lost to us, Valdosta and Southern Arkansas, so the coin flips both ways. The better team won that day, I have said many times. I think with another chance to play in Alerus, I am not sure the outcome would be the same. I would love for us to get a home and home.

I did see some and hear some things by UND fans at Alerus, didn't hear anything at Braly, but never did I say that was indicative of all UND fans.

Jeff

Once again, IMO and I think everyone elses', I have a hard time believing that this was heard from the upper level of the Alerus as some of the crybaby UNA fans (you got beat in all facets of the game, get over it) have claimed when 1)half the time it was hard enough hearing the person next to me, 2)no one but the UNA fans heard these "slurs" despite the fact that most people here, if they heard the slurs themselves, wouldn't turn the other way to them, and 3) a number of the people down front in the student section were African Americans themselves (and 2 from NDSU), so I doubt they were yelling any of your "racial slurs" and/or sit there while they were being thrown out and not react to them themselves. Things just don't add up from the UNA perspective.

The only exception I have seen for a team supposedly having exceptional speed and actually displaying it was UC Davis this year. Their 6'5" 320 pound O line looked like they could have played running back if they wanted. Their D line and LB's could also cover sideline to sideline like nothing. It seemed like they had the speed of a good Miami or Florida State team.

The only exception I have seen for a team supposedly having exceptional speed and actually displaying it was UC Davis this year. Their 6'5" 320 pound O line looked like they could have played running back if they wanted. Their D line and LB's could also cover sideline to sideline like nothing. It seemed like they had the speed of a good Miami or Florida State team.

The strange thing is that UC-Davis really didn't have a very good year, at least by their standards. A 6-4 record, with four of the six wins being over dII teams.

first off, I was on the sideline, not in the upper row behind the student section. I went to the press box at half time, had a guy on the way while walking down through the end zone, say F$%^ You, You UNA SOB with a finger gesture...secondly, coming back another spit from the second mezzainine, not hearsay, just fact of what happenned to me. Hard time believing or not, it actually happenned. As I said, I never said it was indicative of all UND fans, but a few. We had a great time with many of them at Dagwoods Friday night.

Jeff

Oh I have no doubt that what you said happened. Those regular people are real a-holes. It is the students who are always cordial and complimentary. We respect our opponent and like them very much. It was your fellow UNA fans who said that this wasn't true about the students, that angered people. :lol: :lol: