SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX V. IDAHO ST.

bincitysioux

Huff is very good and a very important part of this team. With that being said he was out of control when we had a double digit lead with 4 minutes to go. He was going 1 on 4 and making horrible decisions. He must understand the team concept and time and possession. The coaches have the bench to hopefully make him understand this. He still takes horrible shots when things are not going his way. The over all play this weekend was extremely good for the first 2 games. Was impressed by the consistancy of the guards and the lack of turnovers from Webb, Anderson and Schuler. Road test against Bradley will be interesting this weekend.

don't know about anyone else but it would be been fun to see anti, anderson, and webb play a few more minutes together....fun game last night and a nice win against a bsc team!!

Not sure you will see much of this. They are all technically point guards in my opinion. Anti looked like he was in the wrong place several times during plays but he is probably still learning the system. When Huff was in foul trouble we had Webb, Anderson and Schuler playing alot of minutes together and that combination worked extremely well. It had balance and great control of the ball and excellent shots where taken.

I also thought Archer, Mathison and Allard did a great job in the paint. All 3 gave alot of minutes with Brekke and Mitchell in foul trouble. They collectively used alot of fouls to push and hack the big man. Samething will be needed this Saturday against Bradley cause I guess they also have a 7'. What has happened to Wilmer? He was one of my keys to start the year but so far nothing and he has missed 2 out of the last 3 contests.

Did anyone else notice we have 2 home and home games with Idaho State and South Dakota State, and in the SDSU series we play them twice in 5 days. I guess that is life in the Indy(GWC) league.

I believe there is also a home and home with Western Illinois this year.

You schedule whoever you can whenever you can- when it comes to life in the Great West. I'm actually pleased with playing SDSU twice- it's not ideal that it's twice in 5 days but I think the Jacks should be pretty good this year, so I think it will be beneficial for us to play a good competitive opponent twice. It will be good to play Idaho State in their building just to get a feel for it and see a Big Sky team for the 2nd time in a year and what kind of adjustments they'll make in the 2nd meeting. We don't meet them twice this season but we do return the back end of the home and home with Sac St. Which gives us another look at them in the Big Sky as well.

If indeed it's true about Huff and a tweet, I hope that he can move on and mature a little bit. I hope he is able to realize that it's whole lot more fun when the jersey he is wearing is having a lot of success as opposed to wearing a jersey that is having a lousy season, but he has great numbers. Life's alot more fun when those around you and are closest to you are having a great time as well. Hopefully, he'll want to be a big part of the big picture. Because in the end everyone one wins as opposed tot he other way around.

• Upvote 1

You schedule whoever you can whenever you can- when it comes to life in the Great West. I'm actually pleased with playing SDSU twice- it's not ideal that it's twice in 5 days but I think the Jacks should be pretty good this year, so I think it will be beneficial for us to play a good competitive opponent twice. It will be good to play Idaho State in their building just to get a feel for it and see a Big Sky team for the 2nd time in a year and what kind of adjustments they'll make in the 2nd meeting. We don't meet them twice this season but we do return the back end of the home and home with Sac St. Which gives us another look at them in the Big Sky as well.

If indeed it's true about Huff and a tweet, I hope that he can move on and mature a little bit. I hope he is able to realize that it's whole lot more fun when the jersey he is wearing is having a lot of success as opposed to wearing a jersey that is having a lousy season, but he has great numbers. Life's alot more fun when those around you and are closest to you are having a great time as well. Hopefully, he'll want to be a big part of the big picture. Because in the end everyone one wins as opposed tot he other way around.

Agree 100% Huff needs to mature and the coaches need to handle this situation immediately. He is too valuable to make tweets to that effect. His talent is off the charts but he showed alot of immaturaty late in the game when he made alot of bad decisions when he was trying to get his points. When hes not getting his points or shots he gets mad and that is no help to the team. We have 6 players on this team that can lead us in points on any given night and that is what it takes to be successful. Hopefully he will be fine cause this teams needs that unity. Go Sioux

You guys amaze me. When Huff is playing great he is a god, when he ha a bad game you guys flush him. Seriously, last year if it wasn't for the kid, Sioux would have not been as successful as the were. Huff has a chance to be best player to ever play at UND. Does the kid need to play with a better attitude yes. But let's not forget the accolades the kid had. He is UND basketball. I've been a fan/alum for 8 years and I've never seen such a player. For sioux2013 you've been on this kid with the negative bull since the arrived on campus and didn't even pick up a ball yet. Get a life! Everyone made mistakes at the one a game that I attended (Idaho St.). I can break down. Because for you guys to say that we don't need Huff, we can find someone else, we don't need him...You guys are flat out idiots and don't know basketball. If Huff were to transfer or something like that, the SIOUX could'nt replace him with Gentry, Antwi, Shuler or any other player on the roster. And everyone on this forum knows that!

-Brekke: Soft, needs to rebound more, needs to finish around the rim more

-Mitchell: Need to take more shots, needs the ball more, needs to rebound more

-Anderson: Takes bad shots.

-Webb: Needs to be more vocal, needs to get Mitchell and Huff the ball more.

-Huff: Needs to play better defense, needs to stop pouting when Webb ice's him out of the game.

-Shuler: plays too many minutes, needs to stay in fornt of defenders.

-Allard: Needs to produce more, needs to shoot more.

You guys amaze me. When Huff is playing great he is a god, when he ha a bad game you guys flush him. Seriously, last year if it wasn't for the kid, Sioux would have not been as successful as the were. Huff has a chance to be best player to ever play at UND. Does the kid need to play with a better attitude yes. But let's not forget the accolades the kid had. He is UND basketball. I've been a fan/alum for 8 years and I've never seen such a player. For sioux2013 you've been on this kid with the negative bull since the arrived on campus and didn't even pick up a ball yet. Get a life! Everyone made mistakes at the one a game that I attended (Idaho St.). I can break down. Because for you guys to say that we don't need Huff, we can find someone else, we don't need him...You guys are flat out idiots and don't know basketball. If Huff were to transfer or something like that, the SIOUX could'nt replace him with Gentry, Antwi, Shuler or any other player on the roster. And everyone on this forum knows that!

-Huff: Needs to play better defense, needs to stop pouting when Webb ice's him out of the game.

You sound like Huff's mother. Every post you have made except one you have declared Huff god. I have always stated Huff is a temendous talent and UND needs him. However if he is going to continue to take bad shots and tweet he is leaving and pout when he does not get the ball we have alot of other players that can fill the role and play as a team. When they play as a team they will win not as individuals. this is up to the coaches to make him understand the importance of a good shot and a horrible shot. You cannot say being the basketball expert you are that the last 4 minutes of the game Huff made terrible decisions with the ball. Everybody else was under control and realized the situation. You are the idiot if you think otherwise not us. Go Sioux

Anderson takes bad shots comparded to who? Anderson last year took alot of bad shots but I can't recall a forced shot he has taken in either game this year. Maybe you are saying this because he is the best player on this team right now and scoring more than your boy. Every person you listed is playing their role to the T right now and Webb is getting the ball to who needs the ball and is open. You got me going now calling us all idiots. Go Sioux

Best ever at UND huh? You might want to read up a little on UND basketball history.

• Upvote 2

The Sioux have a good TEAM this year. Huff is an important PART of that TEAM. He if fun to watch and his athleticism amazes at times. He is unlike anyone that I have seen in a Sioux uniform, but still he is only a part of the team. I look forward to seeing Huff in a "North Dakota" uniform the next three years.

Go Sioux!!

The Sioux have a good TEAM this year. Huff is an important PART of that TEAM. He if fun to watch and his athleticism amazes at times. He is unlike anyone that I have seen in a Sioux uniform, but still he is only a part of the team. I look forward to seeing Huff in a "North Dakota" uniform the next three years.

Go Sioux!!

Excellent Post. TEAM is what wins. Watched ESPN the other night when Duke played and Jason Williams( great Duke player) was asked what coach K preached day after day. His comment was " when you hold out your hand you see 5 individual fingers and if they work as individuals you will lose. However , if you close you hand into a fist and they work as one you will win and thats what he preached everyday that you have to hold those 5 fingers together in a fist and work as one and deliver the knock out punch each game." Great words of wisdon from arguably the best NCAA coach ever. Lets all clinch our fists and this team will definately be a force as one in the years to come and bring UND to the NCAA tournament in the years to come. Go Sioux

My analysis compard to yours:

Brekke- works hard, undersized at 6'6" and plays very physical defense to make up for his size, thus foul troubles

Mitchell - very good shooter, takes great shots and plays numerous positions , doesn't force shots

Anderson - unbelievable for his size, takes great shots this year and is so quick and is becoming a force. Concerned

about his size as far as making it thru the season un hurt. Slightly injured in both games so far.

Webb - floor leader and great rebounder. assists up this year and turnovers down. penetrates well and dishes when shot not

open. Sometimes too many turnovers.

Huff - best talent on this team but takes more bad shots than the rest of the team combined. Believe some day he will become

complete player.

Schuler - never takes a bad shot, good shooter always makes the right pass and is always under control. Disagree he plays

too much and should be on the floor somewhere.

Allard - becoming a great backup for Mitchel and also some in the post. Plays hard and has a sweet shot

Someone stated and I agree that any one of these guys could lead us in scoring on any given night. It happened with about all of the above last year. Coach preaching good shots and open looks this year and all the above can knock down the shots if we are patient and find that open player. This class is special and hopefully more fans will come out and support them.

• Upvote 2

Whoa- Hold on here, I have never flushed Huff. He is a tremendous talent who hopefully will continue to develop into a a well rounded team player. To go down as the best in UND Basketball would be quite an accomplishment but pardon me for not giving him that crown yet. My concern is only what has been reported here- that was about a tweet. I felt, if true- the tweet indicated a lack of maturity. Doesn't make him a bad person, but I would hope that if indeed he tweeted that, that he would eventually grow up a little here and see that there is the bigger picture than just his stat totals. We need him- but maybe-- just maybe... the player needs his team too. I don't think thats too out of line. If he continues to have success and the team does as well, I don't see how he wouldn't see his stat totals increase. I've never said we didn't need him, we do need him and for you to interject otherwise, well, that is just plain reckless and inaccurate. Also, this is a fan board- there is no reason to get supersensitive about anything. It seems my criticism is geared towards more of the alleged tweet- that is a maturity issue. I appears that your maturity issue is that you need to get negative about everyone else on the team. I really don't think that is necessary. My observation right now is that there is too much of the "Me" in culture right now. The "I've got to get mine". Whatever, happen to the "We"? That's all I'm saying. I hope that the whole team embraces "We" because in the end they can be something special. Notice, I said- they- that's team and individuals alike, including Huff.