SiouxSports.com Forum

Danny Kristo's play

siouxfan17

Ok everyone, I am a huge Sioux fan, I bleed Sioux hockey. I have to make one comment that is truly frusterating me this year. Danny Kristo rarely seems to pass the puck, especially on the power play. I realize that Kristo is an outstanding player, but come on pass the puck. How many times this year has he shot the puck into a defending player creating an odd man rush the other way, or causing us to not hold the zone on the power play. I mean the other team knows he is always going to shoot. He always takes a shot even when he should not. It's common sense if there is no shot, pass the puck don't just shoot the puck into the defending player. Any comments? Maybe I am being to critical, just an opinion...

I think Kristo needs to shoot a lot. It doesn't appear that a lot of other guys are prepared to pull the trigger but to just keep passing. I have always wondered why when things aren't going your way, you don't throw more shots on net and have people ready for the rebound. The reason that Brandon Bochenski scored so much is that he score from every conceivable angle.

Ok everyone, I am a huge Sioux fan, I bleed Sioux hockey. I have to make one comment that is truly frusterating me this year. Danny Kristo rarely seems to pass the puck, especially on the power play. I realize that Kristo is an outstanding player, but come on pass the puck. How many times this year has he shot the puck into a defending player creating an odd man rush the other way, or causing us to not hold the zone on the power play. I mean the other team knows he is always going to shoot. He always takes a shot even when he should not. It's common sense if there is no shot, pass the puck don't just shoot the puck into the defending player. Any comments? Maybe I am being to critical, just an opinion...

You need to watch the third period of last night's game a lot more closely if you think Kristo didn't or doesn't pass the puck. He made an adjustment early on because he realized the collapsing nature that the Gophers played him last night. They completely eliminated him last night and Danny passed early and often in the 2nd and 3rd period. That being said, he's our best offensive player. He needs to shoot the puck. Watch the third period more closely....

I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of weeks, when he is up top on the power play. He has a lot of shots that are getting blocked. I'm all for shooting, but you can't shoot through people. Makes me miss Bina & Chorney. I really enjoyed watching those two move the puck around on the PP.

He needs to shoot but not as much as he has. As a gopher fan I realized what we were doing to him right away friday night and got excited when Danny touched the puck because I knew he was just going to shoot it right into our defensemen. He has to be smarter. Fake a shot to get the defender down and then step over and have an open lane to shoot. But no, he just shot right into the body.

He needs to shoot but not as much as he has. As a gopher fan I realized what we were doing to him right away friday night and got excited when Danny touched the puck because I knew he was just going to shoot it right into our defensemen. He has to be smarter. Fake a shot to get the defender down and then step over and have an open lane to shoot. But no, he just shot right into the body.

Let's be real here. Danny's not the only one who shot it right into the body this weekend. And it's not fair to single him out. I could name about five other players that were doing the same damn thing. So that goes for everyone.

Let's be real here. Danny's not the only one who shot it right into the body this weekend. And it's not fair to single him out. I could name about five other players that were doing the same damn thing. So that goes for everyone.

He wasn't the only one but he did it A LOT more than the others. In my opinion he's playing like he has the past couple of years. The problem is that in the past years there were more talented players around him taking away attention. Now he is the major threat so he has to adjust somewhat to how the teams will defend him. That's the first time this year that he's been zoned in on and he got visibly frustrated from it

He wasn't the only one but he did it A LOT more than the others. In my opinion he's playing like he has the past couple of years. The problem is that in the past years there were more talented players around him taking away attention. Now he is the major threat so he has to adjust somewhat to how the teams will defend him. That's the first time this year that he's been zoned in on and he got visibly frustrated from it

Great players find ways to produce in big games regardless of what match ups the opposition puts out there for personnel. Bottom line, Danny isn't up to par being an elite player yet.

Great players find ways to produce in big games regardless of what match ups the opposition puts out there for personnel. Bottom line, Danny isn't up to par being an elite player yet.

He needs to find some consistency, as does everyone else on this team. All the players have flashes of good and bad, what this team lacks right now is that our top players are not consistently great. Knight has been great on faceoffs, but him Nelson and Kristo have been too quiet the last few games.

Danny has elite skills. NHL skills that he's displayed on the world stage. He is DEVELOPING in college for a reason. I do not consider him to be a selfish player and while as fans we often single out guys, he is not the reason for our lack of offense on the pp or on 5x5. He is, in fact, our only legitimate scorer...I'm hoping that others step up. I get frustrated with the shots into the shinnys as well, but Danny is not our issue.

Kristo has shown his worth in the past, but right now it's noticeable he isn't up to SIOUX standards. I particularily think it's because the team isn't meshing and connecting in ways they should be. Should Kristo be passing the puck up a bit more? Maybe, but we can argue back and forth about that for days. It's a team effort and he doesn't exactly have "connectors" on the PP right now. And let's face it...he can be a puck hogm but we don't typically complain because we're used of the guys connecting out there and making big plays...right now they're just not cutting it..all of them. It's a new season and plenty more to go. Give Kristo a break..he'll come along just like the rest will. My concern is how are the coaching staff dealing with the talent on this team and it not showing up on game days?!

Enough about the weak wrist shot Danny Kristo takes from the middle of the blue line that alone is disturbing. It is the bratty behavior that is unbecoming of a Sioux hockey player. Shaking his head, pouting, loafing to the bench, slamming his stick for a pass, breaks his stick whining about a penalty, cranks a shot in the final seconds at his own end of the rink. This kid is a complete baby and his personality/profile is more suited to play for the Gophers. I respect the coaching staff a great deal but am losing respect as I continue to see these shenanigan's by Kristo. Is he being coddled or what? What a premadonna ...get him out of here.

One of the leading scorers in the country, and people are jumping all over him. He didn't score in a game against a rival this time, but he did last year. I think if you are expecting something like you saw from Frattin and Gregoire last year, you aren't going to see it -- and that probably goes for the rest of the league as well. Remember, the opposition has basically one line to shut down this year, so the fact that he can still be a top scorer while being the primary target of the opposition every night says something to me.