SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux invade Mary-ucci arena.

Goon

Yeah, I had heard there were some arena upgrades during the summer. Any idea why they haven't yet upgraded the sound system, or is that a sore subject amongst Gopher fans? I'm not trying to start anything.

Not a sore subject. I have no idea why the sound system has always been bad though.

Speaking of things that could be improved upon, does anybody know the coaches feelings since the overhaul of the ice surface at the Ralph? It seems to me that players still are trying to settle the puck down on flat passes. At first I thought it was the warm weather, but it wasn't that warm against St. Cloud. Maybe its better, but just wondering if anyone has inside info as to how the players or coaches feel about the ice surface now.

I would assume the answer will be very, but since this will be my first Mariucci experience tomorrow, just wondering how busy the surrounding restaurants get prior to the game.

They can get busy, but I would recommend going early and going to Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from Mariucci. Always a great place to eat :) Leave early anyways because there's all sorts of road construction going on around the area with all the stadiums

Well this quote from Gophers captain Taylor Matson about explains this series.

“It’s going to be a bloodbath out there, and we’re just looking forward to it,” Matson said. “It’s just something when you’re skating around in warm-ups and you’re looking over at them and they’ve got the green — we’re just out to kill this year.”

“It’s going to be a bloodbath out there, and we’re just looking forward to it,” Matson said. “It’s just something when you’re skating around in warm-ups and you’re looking over at them and they’ve got the green — we’re just out to kill this year.”

Was that the Gopher's captain speaking or John Hill with the cameo quote?

They can get busy, but I would recommend going early and going to Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from Mariucci. Always a great place to eat :) Leave early anyways because there's all sorts of road construction going on around the area with all the stadiums

I'm going to second the leaving early- lots of construction-expect delays both getting to and leaving campus. I'd reccommend looking at a campus map and picking a parking lot/ramp strategically.

If you decide to hit up Buffalo Wild Wings patience will be key- be prepared for long waits and poor service if you have a party larger than 4 people. I'm a grad student at the U currently and we've had terrible service every time we've gone there just fyi

You oughta be tied to a post and pistol whipped you worthless maggot. I know Tim Oshie personally, and well, and your accusations are slanderous per se. Oshie has done more for others, out of sheer goodness of his heart, than you will ever hope to do. Show your face to me this weekend and we can talk further about your scumbag behavior personally. I'll be in a #29 black "Cookacknov" jersey and will be happy to talk to you. Maybe even serve you with a summons and complaint. Go back to lying under your piece of plywood in the cool shade, or to your momma's basement. Real courageous to be making such accusations behind the anonymity of a message board. Let's talk this weekend Mr. Mole.

Feel better after getting that out of your system?

Speaking of things that could be improved upon, does anybody know the coaches feelings since the overhaul of the ice surface at the Ralph? It seems to me that players still are trying to settle the puck down on flat passes. At first I thought it was the warm weather, but it wasn't that warm against St. Cloud. Maybe its better, but just wondering if anyone has inside info as to how the players or coaches feel about the ice surface now.

I skated on it last week and it is much improved from what it was. To me it still seems a little soft but it is much better than it used to be.

"Bloodbath"?

"Kill"?

Sounds to me like someone's taking a game a little too seriously.

(And yes, I'm serious.)

By the way the majority of the Gophers fans are predicting the outcome of the series, the Sioux shouldn't even board the bus to Minneapolis.

Which will inevitably make things so much sweeter if we surprisingly play very well against the Gophers. :)

I think you're mixing up predicting with hoping for. Most of us do know it will be a tough series so I haven't seen to many actual, serious predictions of a sweep. But hey, if you don't think you guys can handle the games, hiding in fear and shame is certainly your option. :)

I think you're mixing up predicting with hoping for. Most of us do know it will be a tough series so I haven't seen to many actual, serious predictions of a sweep. But hey, if you don't think you guys can handle the games, hiding in fear and shame is certainly your option. :)

Well, I think you know that isn't something the Sioux do. As for the Gophers, I'm guessing the past couple of seasons the Gophers would've preferred to just stay on the bus instead of playing the Sioux. :p

I honestly don't know what to expect. I'm just hoping the team that showed up against Wisconsin doesn't reappear. ???

Well, I think you know that isn't something the Sioux do. As for the Gophers, I'm guessing the past couple of seasons the Gophers would've preferred to just stay on the bus instead of playing the Sioux. :p

I honestly don't know what to expect. I'm just hoping the team that showed up against Wisconsin doesn't reappear. ???

UND played fairly good against Wisconsin. Their defense was just lazy. If they can pick it up defensively they'll be a solid team in no time

"Bloodbath"?

"Kill"?

Sounds to me like someone's taking a game a little too seriously.

(And yes, I'm serious.)

So the Gofers are back to playing 'big boy' hockey again. I'm sure that will be a welcome site to the maroon and gold faithful who have suffered through the last few years with Pansies on Ice. I read somewhere where UMinn is currently the most penalized team in the WCHA...the Sioux will need to be efficient on the PP if they want points out of this weekend. (wow, now that's some valuable insight)

Note: Jacob Cepis makes a return to Mariucci this weekend. He is working as an usher and scraping gum off the seats after the games. :lol:

Now back to your regularly scheduled smack talk.

Who are all these fans and prognositicators claiming the Sioux have no chance this weekend? There is a ton of enthusiasm surrounding this weekend yes, but that is a far cry from claiming 4 points are in the bag. Yes, fans would love to see a sweep but I think far more than not are expecting a split. Either way who cares? Neither Strib writers nor GPL fans will influence the outcome. :)

btw, who are these players scoring 4 goals and what have they done with the Minnesota Wild?

Sorry I can't resist this one: UND has only been Division I for a few years overall but

UND has twice as many DI Championships than the Gophers in the past 30 years!

(Of each campus' top four sports: football, mens hockey, mens and womens basketball)

With that said the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota will walk away from the Ralph South with nothing less then three points this weekend. Bank of it!

Reading GopherPuckLive is sad:

They constantly compare themselves to the state to their west with only under 700,000 people.

It really is sad they think of North Dakota* as their main rival and not Wisconsin who they have decades of hate based on all sports.

(*in hockey)