SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Missouri is officially in the SEC.

Boise St is working behind the scenes on its non-football conference and is also attempting to bet San Diego St into the Big East for football (to keep a California presence on its schedule).

All this movement could actually lead to an opportunity for UND to upgrade it's non-football conference. If the WAC becomes a non-football conference, they could be looking for more teams.

1. Perhaps the Big Sky wouldn't have a problem if we kept football in the Big Sky (which could add Idaho football and go to 14 teams with divisions), but moved other sports to the WAC. By affiliating with the WAC, the Big Sky would be down to 10 members, which is much more ideal than 11 for travel purposes. UND maybe could get the same football deal as Cal Poly and UCDavis and possibly Idaho.

2. A WAC would yield higher level recruits in almost all sports.

3. The WAC would have more academic and sports visibility.

4. UND could then align with Denver more closely. Denver is a school that has a mutual interest in aligning with us.

A new non-football WAC could look like this:

Boise St (football in Big East)

Air Force (football in Big East)

Denver

Seattle

Idaho (football in Big Sky or independent)

Utah Valley St

N Mexico St (football in Sun Belt)

Bakersfield

UT-Arlington (if it doesn't go back to the Southland)

North Dakota (football in Big Sky)

Assumes La Tech, UTSA, Texas St obtain CUSA or Sun Belt membership. Also assumes Utah State and San Jose St gain MWC membership.

• Upvote 2

Southland Conference to visit Houston Baptist University

The SLC is doing a site visit at HBU on Wednesday. The SLC must be interested in the supposed Houston market they will bring, as HBU's athletic facilities are pretty pathetic even for NAIA. There are junior highs in NoDak that have nicer athletic facilities. HBU is a perfedt example of schools that never should be allowed to make the move up to DI.

“Air Force is diligent and they’re doing the right thing in saying, ‘Let me know all the answers to all the questions,’” Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson said. “Not everybody has done it that way. They’ve kind of gone in saying ‘We’re going, then we’ll figure it all out.’ Air Force has said, ‘No, we’ll figure it out, then we’ll decide if we’re going.’”

Gee, who could he be talking about.

The way you have attacked posters on this board, as if you've been in long discussions with Bisonville posters, you're far from a "neutral" person. So just drop the whole facade.

Back to the topic:

Idaho Statesman: Where will other Boise State sports go?

I would but I see another one of your childish meltdowns coming on. (Mr moderater please ban this Bison guy boo hoo boo hoo) I've avoided commenting on anything you say but since you attacked me again about it being a facade I guess I can reply. I love your "as if" I've been in conversations with Bisonville posters comment. What in my comment was a facade? That I wasn't at the Bison/UNI game? Wrong, I was there. That I drove to Grand Forks after the game? I did. That I got there as the first period of the Sioux/SCSU game was almost over? Did that too (and cheered for the Sioux, I know blasphemy). PROVE that its a facade instead just claiming it is as your act is getting old. Accept it. Get over it. People can be a fan of both whether you like it or not. Have a superfantastic day cause life is too short to be skeptic all the time. I know I will :)

I would but I see another one of your childish meltdowns coming on. (Mr moderater please ban this Bison guy boo hoo boo hoo) I've avoided commenting on anything you say but since you attacked me again about it being a facade I guess I can reply. I love your "as if" I've been in conversations with Bisonville posters comment. What in my comment was a facade? That I wasn't at the Bison/UNI game? Wrong, I was there. That I drove to Grand Forks after the game? I did. That I got there as the first period of the Sioux/SCSU game was almost over? Did that too (and cheered for the Sioux, I know blasphemy). PROVE that its a facade instead just claiming it is as your act is getting old. Accept it. Get over it. People can be a fan of both whether you like it or not. Have a superfantastic day cause life is too short to be skeptic all the time. I know I will :)

If you're not one of the losers on bisonville - you certainly post like them - like the meltdown a month ago on genitalia (almost identical to posts by that loser in Toronto.)

You're on ignore.

Reading the Idaho Vandal board there seems to be alot who think that they will end up in the Big Sky. Not necessarily that they want to, but that the think that is where they are headed under the circumstances.

Personally, I hope that Bosie St. is successful in getting San Diego St. into the Big East. That would almost certainly mean a MWC bid for Utah St. They would strengthen the MWC in basketball, and fill the market void left by Utah and BYU. I have to think the Utah St. is the only thing keeping Idaho in the WAC. Losing Utah St. would really hurt the WAC as a basketball league.

In the Big Sky, Idaho would probably be a top 3 basketball team and a top 3 football team. And without Utah St., Boise St, and Idaho, the WAC loses alot of its luster as a basketball league.

If Utah St. gets a MWC bid and Idaho does not, then Idaho to the Big Sky could become a real possibility. If it happens, having Idaho to the west and North Dakota to the east could entrench Montana and Montana St. in the Big Sky for the long term.

If you're not one of the losers on bisonville - you certainly post like them - like the meltdown a month ago on genitalia (almost identical to posts by that loser in Toronto.)

You're on ignore.

Meltdown, maybe .... no tears to the moderater though. Been to Toronto once in my life. And Thanks!!!!!!!!! :)

NKU will announce DI move shortly:

http://www.eaglecoun...ws.php?nID=2555

In NKU's D-I feasibility study, they identify the Horizon League as the most desirable, followed by Ohio Valley, Summit & Atlantic Sun. Since the study was competed, Centenary, Southern Utah & Oral Roberts have announced they are leaving the Summit & South Dakota & Nebraska Omaha have joined.

The Horizon has 10 members & Northern Kentucky would be #11. Would the Horizon add an 11th member without a 12th? While its not likely that Detroit U will allow Oakland admission into the Horizon, nor would Butler want to add IUPUI, would they add IPFW? What happens to the Summit if they lose another team?

Best scenario for the Summit is for the Horizon to turn down NKU so the Norse would turn to either the Ohio Valley and become their twelfth school (and have it stop there) or the Summit itself and move it's center a little eastward.

In NKU's D-I feasibility study, they identify the Horizon League as the most desirable, followed by Ohio Valley, Summit & Atlantic Sun. Since the study was competed, Centenary, Southern Utah & Oral Roberts have announced they are leaving the Summit & South Dakota & Nebraska Omaha have joined.

The Horizon has 10 members & Northern Kentucky would be #11. Would the Horizon add an 11th member without a 12th? While its not likely that Detroit U will allow Oakland admission into the Horizon, nor would Butler want to add IUPUI, would they add IPFW? What happens to the Summit if they lose another team?

Best scenario for the Summit is for the Horizon to turn down NKU so the Norse would turn to either the Ohio Valley and become their twelfth school (and have it stop there) or the Summit itself and move it's center a little eastward.

If NKU joins the OVC then they would be the 13th school. Belmont joins next year. The OVC is also in talks with UNA. I think EIU rethinks their overall position in the OVC and possibly bolts to anchor the eastern Summit and Eastern MVFC.

If NKU joins the OVC then they would be the 13th school. Belmont joins next year. The OVC is also in talks with UNA. I think EIU rethinks their overall position in the OVC and possibly bolts to anchor the eastern Summit and Eastern MVFC.

so where do you think they are expecting the D-I invitation to come from?

so where do you think they are expecting the D-I invitation to come from?

I think the OVC and Summit will probably both give an invite. The Horizon might but I think they sit tight for now. There are 100's of scenarios if there is a private/public school shakeup in Big East which dominoes to A-10, MVC and Horizon. What those conferences do, if there is a shakeup, will obviously effect conferences like the Summit. Personally, I would like NKU to go OVC if that means EIU leaves and comes to Summit/MVFC. Who knows.

I think the OVC and Summit will probably both give an invite. The Horizon might but I think they sit tight for now. There are 100's of scenarios if there is a private/public school shakeup in Big East which dominoes to A-10, MVC and Horizon. What those conferences do, if there is a shakeup, will obviously effect conferences like the Summit. Personally, I would like NKU to go OVC if that means EIU leaves and comes to Summit/MVFC. Who knows.

http://en.wikipedia....lley_Conference

I'm looking at the map on the link above and am trying to figure out why EIU would leave the OVC for the Summit/Missouri Valley FC.

http://en.wikipedia....lley_Conference

I'm looking at the map on the link above and am trying to figure out why EIU would leave the OVC for the Summit/Missouri Valley FC.

The conference by adding Belmont (Nashville) is moving south. UNK would be a move east.

Football would make perfect sense for them. They would have 4 teams in MVFC closer than their closest team in OVC. Indy State would be a quick 50 miles away. In other sports it is a little more spread out but would have a decent footprint with IUPUI, IPFW, Western Illinois and UMKC. It wouldn't be as tight as the OVC but it wouldn't be completly outlandish.

The conference by adding Belmont (Nashville) is moving south. UNK would be a move east.

Football would make perfect sense for them. They would have 4 teams in MVFC closer than their closest team in OVC. Indy State would be a quick 50 miles away. In other sports it is a little more spread out but would have a decent footprint with IUPUI, IPFW, Western Illinois and UMKC. It wouldn't be as tight as the OVC but it wouldn't be completly outlandish.

Only one of which is in the Summit. Although you never say never, I can't see them trading their current rivalries and recruiting grounds to go to the Dakotas.

Jacksonville St wants to leave the OVC for FBS. Tennessee St is talking about leaving the OVC for the SWAC.

EIU left the Gateway and MidCon for the OVC: there's no compelling reason for them to go back. OVC football is easier and cheaper, and other sports in the OVC are bus trips. EIU was the school pushing for SIU-E, which chose the OVC over the Summit. SIU-E was the school that the Summit really needed to fill in the hole between UMKC and WIU, but SIU-E had no interest in joining a Dakota-league.

The schools that the Summit League really need to be pushing for are Grand Valley St and Wayne St (Mi). The MVFC could then go to divisions if they allowed them to join (which is a huge if).

I thought the MVFC was "full"? There was a last minute push by Douple to get the MVFC just to add USD so he could keep them in the Summit, how is he going to convince the MVFC to expand another time so he can get another member into the Summit?