SiouxSports.com Forum

Missing UND student

WPoS

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never admit I watched the movie if I did.

Cousin made me go. My cousin reads all his books and they are both so far left they might fall right off the country into the Pacific. It was an interesting movie with some funny parts. I don't agree with guy on much. If you've seen Canadian Bacon (which Moore also wrote/directed), then you've pretty much seen Bowling for Columbine.

I'm very curious as to how they found him. Someone must have had a good tip. I also wonder if they won't rethink linking this guy to that Fertile case.

They keep fairly close tabs on registered sex offenders I'm sure. His name was probably one of the first to pop up when law enforcement heard of the disappearance.

I don't understand the logic of releasing a "man" with this kind of rapsheet with no supervision. I understand Crookston may have limited resources but get real. Releasing these chronic offenders does no good & rehabilitating sexual offenders is about as effective as changing one's sexual orientation--it just doesn't work & statistics bear this out...If guilty, dropping this guy off on a remote island with others of his kind would be a fitting justice, imo: there they could apply their sociopathic tendencies against each other, far away from law-abiding citizens & civilized society.

They keep fairly close tabs on registered sex offenders I'm sure. His name was probably one of the first to pop up when law enforcement heard of the disappearance.

Yes, but you can't just arrest him because he was/is a sex offender. You do need evidence. Maybe something popped up when they interviewed him.

Press conference tomorrow at 11 at the Police station. I don't know if the public is invited, but it will be aired live on WDAZ and i believe KVLY.

Tonight, the police said they were not going to release any more information until tomorrow, out of respect for the family. That could be taken two ways and I really hope Dru is still ok. Our prayers go out to her and her family and I hope there is more good news tomorrow.

From the GF Herald

Rodriguez ... was convicted of attempted aggravated rape and aggravated rape in 1974 in Crookston and sent to prison. During a furlough from prison in 1979, he attacked another woman, attempting to abduct her from a city sidewalk in Crookston. He was convicted of attempted kidnapping and aggravated assault in 1980.

He remained in prison from 1980 until May 1 of this year.

And he gets out and is "rehabilitated" and unsupervised! And does something like this again!

Outrageous!

A person has to wonder how many times this stuff has to happen before people start to realize that these scumbags cannot be "rehabilitated".

Exactly right, CRR. How many times does this have to happen before they admit castration is the only cure for these sick f*ckers?

Too many more, I imagine. :)

CNN anchor, Soledad O'Brien, had an interview with Dru's apartment roommate and 3 friends this morning. She mentioned that CNN was planning on covering the 11am (central) press conference scheduled by the GF police dept.

They let this pervert out in the late 70's and he attacks a women right away. What in the hell was the State of MN thinking letting this guy out w/out any supervised release. He must have spent his entire sentence in prison, and their hands were tied. I hope they have enough evidence to convict him, sounds like they had a good idea he was the one who did it from the beginning. At least I hope they did, cell phone signal was in area he lived, with his past bells, flags and whistles should have been going off in investigators heads. Lets hope they turn the case over to the Fed's and the AG seeks the death penalty.

I was thinking this same thing, since we are talking about bringing her across state lines, i'm sure the feds would have some jurisdiction in this case.

ScottM or others?:)

To my knowledge, kidnapping is a feloy, and taking someone across state lines against their will is a federal offense.