SiouxSports.com Forum

Missing UND student

WPoS

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to keep the faith given the circumstances. If he's actually innocent he most likely would have been cleared by now (it doesn't sound like he has a verifiable alibi + the forensic evidence) & police would be pursuing another suspect; it sounds like they have their man as he's being charged with kidnapping...if he abducted her & was keeping her locked up at a remote location, he definitely would have said something so he didn't have a murder on his hands...which leads me to a rather grim conclusion.

Don't understand how GF authorities can call Rodriguez cooperative when he hasn't said jack$hit about her location (again, assuming he did it but police seem convinced he's the one). Call a spade a spade & quit spinning.

I still hold out, though...

You are absolutely correct. Here are two people who's paths have NEVER crossed in life prior to this and one's DNA is found in the other's car. Pretty compelling evidence if you ask me. Although when he is convicted the dealth penalty, if we had one, is much too good for him.

The affidavit for probable cause against Rodriguez has been unsealed.

There was a knife found in his car that was purchased at Menard's.

The sheath found in the Columbia Mall parking lot was sold with the knife.

A shoe believed to be Dru's was found by a bridge (US 75 Bypass) over the Red Lake River near Crookston.

Blood was found in the Rodriguez car that matched DNA sample from Dru.

Blood found on right passenger's side on rear window was submitted for DNA testing.

Rodriguez admits he was in Grand Forks at the time of the alleged abduction, but says he was at a movie at the time.

Edited by PCM

Here's a quick summary of what was said at the 3 p.m. news conference.

At a 10 a.m. conference call this morning, local law enforcement requested additional help and resources from the governors of Minnesota and North Dakota.

Gov. Hoeven: The nature of search has changed. There will be a briefing Thursday night followed by searches Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The states will provide National Guard vehicles and personnel.

Gov. Pawlenty: The needs have evolved. The request for additional assistance came recently. He will authorize use of National Guard to assist in the search. The plans will be finalized over the next few days. Guard troops will begin arriving in the area on Thursday. The size of the Minnesota Guard compliment has yet to be determined.

Gov. Hoeven said he anticipates about 175 state personnel, including Guard, Highway Patrol and Game and Fish.

Gov. Pawlenty says it isn

Edited by PCM

Does anyone have any idea where they will be searching? If a shoe was found by the river, wouldn't they have searched that area more in the beginning? Screw the integrity of the case. I think this case has been handled poorly. The first mistake was to allow the press to report her last words as something of a struggle, which they finally corrected now. However, her boyfriend took a lot of heat for not reporting the problem right away. Obviously if she was just saying OK and the phone cuts off, like cell phones often do, he wouldn't be that concerned. ???

If a show was found by the river, wouldn't they have searched that area more in the beginning?

They did search that area very thoroughly, both over and under the ice. For some reason, the investigators seem confident in stating that the body isn't in the Red Lake River. That seems strange to me, given how difficult it's been in locating past drowning victims in this region.

Surprising how the tone of this thread changed so quickly--from having faith to looking for a body. Man, my heart goes out to Dru's spirit & her family. I try to stay centered at all times but it's really difficult in these situations.

Blood in both cars is not a good sign. ???

It is hard to keep the faith that she is alive, especially when one looks at statistics of living through abduction. I really cannot say those stats, because I saw them some time ago (which means that the actual numbers are obsolete anyways).

I guess I would like to make a post saying "Screw statistics, welcome home Dru." But every day it seems to get more and more bleak.

Siouxrock- Your sources are incorrect. They've already DNA matched some of the blood found as being Dru's.

Do you seriously need to ruin a thread about a missing student?

siouxrock...what was the point of that post? I know a lot of her friends and just found out a buddy of mine from the dorms dated her for a while, so I take this rather personally. Please, please, please...post respectfully and not like your from the National Enquier.

Still clingin' to hope...by a thread...but clingin'. :silly:

• 3 months later...