SiouxSports.com Forum

Missing UND student

WPoS

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:silly: What's this about? I haven't heard anything about it down here in CO.

Police think she was kidnapped in the parking lot of the Columbia Mall Saturday afternoon. Check out www.gfherald.com or www.in-forum.com or probably even www.startribune.com for the story.

I have a great view of Engelstad Arena from where I work. There's huge line of volunteers stretching from the arena to the parking lot lined up to get on the buses to help search for Dru. A coworker and I are going to join the search right after lunch. Driving to work this morning, it was touching to see banners of support for Dru all along Greek row.

This morning, driving to Crookston, MN, I saw people in groups of 3-4 on each side of the road, walking the ditches with flashlights. I can't describe the pit I felt in my throat and stomach. What a terrible sight.

However, what a turnout for searchers. They should all feel proud of their efforts.

God willing, they'll find her.

It's all over the national news. Today show, Good morning America, CNN, Fox News all have run stories on it.

I haven't watched any sort of news all week. Unfortunately I am gone in the morning by the time those shows come on. I did just get an email on it though. The Sioux fans here in Colorado are praying for her safe return. I wish I was there to help. This really touches me having been born and raised in GF (as I'm sure it does everyone), but this kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen there. :ohmy:

I just came back from Engelstad Arena where a colleague and I attempted to volunteer for the search. We were told that they have more than 1,200 people out in the field right now and that they were in a holding pattern to see if they needed anyone else. A few minutes later, they said they didn't need any more volunteers today, but would need more tomorrow.

I just came back from Engelstad Arena where a colleague and I attempted to volunteer for the search. We were told that they have more than 1,200 people out in the field right now and that they were in a holding pattern to see if they needed anyone else. A few minutes later, they said they didn't need any more volunteers today, but would need more tomorrow.

That is a lot of people, great to hear all of this outpouring of support.

This is a horrible situation. Lets all pray that they find her safe and sound and hurt the bastard that did this.

Grand Forks is a city that has trully amazed me. It is full of trully caring people who despite differences can band together for what is right and good. I wasnt there in 1997 but in my 4 years there (1999-2003) I was honored to be a part of that community. They rejoice in truimphs and band together in times of diffuculty. I know I am a better person for having spent 4 years there. I was trully sad to leave.

I will say a prayer for Dru and her family in hopes that there is a safe outcome to all of this.

While I have never met Dru personally, she's friends with a lot of aviation people, so I do know a lot of people that this is affecting right now. :ohmy:

I had to give a persentation this morning and the class was only half full. A friend of mine was able to get out and help search for a few hours this morning, he said there were a TON of people out searching. I will be sure to look as I am driving home tomorrow and on my way back up on Thanksgiving. With any luck, I won't have to. :silly:

Thoughts and prayers with the Sjodin family and all her friends.

I just got back from searching. Our group was, I believe, south of Fisher searching ditches. They pulled us all after about 2 hours because of the wind chill. The outpouring of people is truly amazing. It is a shame the process is so maddening. Most people on my bus got to the REA before 8 am. We didn't even get to Fisher until after 10. And didn't get sent out to search till around noon. At around 11:30 (when I actually bothered to count) there were 10 buses loaded with people sitting in Fisher doing nothing but waiting and waiting. Finally, alot of people just caught buses back to the Ralph without getting a chance to search. While I am sure that law enforcement is trying their best, it seemed terribly inefficient. I just pray that they find her somewhere safe and warm, and don't have to do any more searching.