SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Regina

AZSIOUX

Really enjoyed the game tonight. It was great to be back at The Ralph for another season of Sioux hockey. The new pre-game video is fantastic! I got chills watching it - highlights a lot of history/tradition. The new video boards are great, very clear picture.

So many new names and numbers to learn. It was odd seeing #22, #5, #21, etc. on the ice and not seeing Malone, Genoway, and Frattin on the nameplate. That will definitely take some getting used to. I thought the freshies played well. It will be fun watching them progress throughout the season. And even though it won't count as an official goal, I was happy to see Gaarder score his first goal in a Sioux uniform. He was grinning from ear to ear as he skated to the bench to celebrate. It was also nice to see Maris get a little playing time.

Next week should be a good test for our young squad.

Just got home from Grand Forks and that was fun. Dominating performance by the Sioux as it should of been. Of the freshman I liked Matson and Pattyn the most. Pattyn is physical and I think he may be the next Prpich on the team but we shall see. I do however like the entire freshman class as none of them looked out of place. The line of Kristo,Nelson,and Knight looked pretty dang good and it will be interesting to see if they stick together. After tonite I can't wait for the Icebreaker tourney.Gonna be fun.

Just got home from Grand Forks and that was fun. Dominating performance by the Sioux as it should of been. Of the freshman I liked Matson and Pattyn the most. Pattyn is physical and I think he may be the next Prpich on the team but we shall see. I do however like the entire freshman class as none of them looked out of place. The line of Kristo,Nelson,and Knight looked pretty dang good and it will be interesting to see if they stick together. After tonite I can't wait for the Icebreaker tourney.Gonna be fun.

Mattson is the real deal. I thought McMillan looked very good too...smooth skater and great awareness on the ice. Parks looked solid as well. Knight's line looked great. Was suprised to see Nelson at wing. My gut says he centers the 2nd line if and when we get healthy up front.

Gleason and Mattson pairing is going to be a huge advantage for UND. Both those guys can skate and handle the puck. How many times do you see a give and go from 2 D-man like on Gleason's goal??

Suprisingly good crowd last night...was a fun opening night at the Ralph.

Mattson is the real deal. I thought McMillan looked very good too...smooth skater and great awareness on the ice. Parks looked solid as well. Knight's line looked great. Was suprised to see Nelson at wing. My gut says he centers the 2nd line if and when we get healthy up front.

Gleason and Mattson pairing is going to be a huge advantage for UND. Both those guys can skate and handle the puck. How many times do you see a give and go from 2 D-man like on Gleason's goal??

Suprisingly good crowd last night...was a fun opening night at the Ralph.

Parks was in guys grills and laughing out there. Could he be the next agitator? That or he was just having to much fun. The only freshman that I thought looked a bit intimidated out there was Senkbeil.Played a little tentative from what I could see but of course he gets a pass since he came in as a defenseman.I like his size though. Going to fun watching this team develop over the season. Maybe this is the year they get #8 since the hype for them to do so isn't there like it has been in the past.

I was at the game tonight, and I have to say the we definitely have some young, up and coming talent on our team. The only two main draw backs I saw tonight was the lack of experience and size, both of the issues will be resolved eventually. I think by this time next week we will know a little more about this young team and what their potential might be for this season. I have to say I was impressed at the way they moved the puck around to create opportunities. With that said, I thought the new video screen looked amazing! I also noticed that the sound was also remarkably better, did we also get ne speakers in the Ralph?

Some new speakers (ones that caught on fire) plus new Crown Amps.

Bemidji State beat Regina 7-0 tonight. Can't take a lot out of this game other than that the freshmen didn't look timid and at least have their feet wet as what to expect on game day at the Ralph. The speed will be up a notch or two next weekend, so hopefully they play without fear and can start the adjustment period to this level.

I was most impressed with Mattson. I can't wait to see him this next weekend when the competition takes just a bit of a step up. Kind of reminded me of Genoway, jumping up into the play and making things happen offensively from the blue line.

Glad to see Eidsness went back to the black pads. He'll have a better year. :lol:

• Upvote 1

I was at the game tonight, and I have to say the we definitely have some young, up and coming talent on our team. The only two main draw backs I saw tonight was the lack of experience and size, both of the issues will be resolved eventually. I think by this time next week we will know a little more about this young team and what their potential might be for this season. I have to say I was impressed at the way they moved the puck around to create opportunities. With that said, I thought the new video screen looked amazing! I also noticed that the sound was also remarkably better, did we also get ne speakers in the Ralph?

Wasn't the fire started in the speakers?