SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I have talked and interacted with Bohl on numerous occasions and have seen him in many social settings as well. I'm sure most of us, if not all, have some personal skeletons in the closet but I have no problem with Bohl as a man/person even though my interactions with him have been just a few in number.

I think as a coach he could have been or could be more of a disciplinarian but that's a different conversation.

If a coach has a salacious scandal in his past, those facts will be opened up before getting a top FBS job. It's hardly bashing when telling it like it is. Think Bohl wouldn't apply because what he would force his family through.

We all make mistakes, including coaches. It's what we do after the mistakes that count. Craig Bohl has righted his ship and likely won't even leave Fargo due do his new family. But, I'm sure FBS schools are interested in him due to his track record at NDSU. Also, he's had no personal issues since being in Fargo - so I'm sure other schools will appreciate his resilience and have no issue also.

You can't keep overemphasizing the minor incident he had in Nebraska; that won't amount to anything currently.

So there's my philosophical two-cents for the day,…

We all make mistakes, including coaches. It's what we do after the mistakes that count. Craig Bohl has righted his ship and likely won't even leave Fargo due do his new family. But, I'm sure FBS schools are interested in him due to his track record at NDSU. Also, he's had no personal issues since being in Fargo - so I'm sure other schools will appreciate his resilience and have no issue also.

You can't keep overemphasizing the minor incident he had in Nebraska; that won't amount to anything currently.

So there's my philosophical two-cents for the day,…

If he applies for an FBS job, his past will make news in that state. "Overemphazing a minor incident" - had a major impact on his life. I'm all for grace, but past behavior gets recycled in the media.

Seem not too concerned about effects of message board rumors on Mussman's family.

If he applies for an FBS job, his past will make news in that state. "Overemphazing a minor incident" - had a major impact on his life. I'm all for grace, but past behavior gets recycled in the media.

Seem not too concerned about effects of message board rumors on Mussman's family.

Again, has he not interviewed for FBS jobs in the past?

I'm going to simply digress by saying I respectfully disagree that Bohl's past has a negative effect on the interest of FBS schools.

I don't know why you're bringing up Mussman's family. If you're referring to Mussman's family being affected by his potential removal, then think about the families that have had their institutional support wasted through poor football leadership and the lack of a winning product. I only ask that Mussman is respectfully relieved of his duties to conclude the season and his replacement be a proven leader/successor at the head coaching level.

after 111 pages of "fire muss" it all comes down to Craig Bohl;s sex life. if only we could have foreseen how important that was to und football coaching concerns whooda thunk?

No kidding, I think the subject needs to end and the real subject "firing Muss" needs to come back. If UND beats NAU could that save Muss's job?

No kidding, I think the subject needs to end and the real subject "firing Muss" needs to come back. If UND beats NAU could that save Muss's job?

muss appears reluctant to shake things up. keeps same game plan, personnel yet somehow expects different results. interesting strategy. to answer your question, no. a win would be great for the program, if what we all keep saying over and over and over wont change with one win.

At this point, it shouldn't be even considered to keep Mussman. UND has invented every possible way to lose this season and look undisciplined as a team as well.

Not to mention, this team has done NOTHING for the last 6 years under Mussman, other than get progressively worse.

While I'm happy for the numbers Kenny put up today, that was yet another embarrassment in a long line of embarrassments. Don't let the final score fool anyone, this was a 41-14 game with under 5 min to play. Yuck. While i cant imagine a potential recruit watched this game into the 4th, I'm sorry to anyone that saw this.

• Upvote 1

I challenge any of the eternal optimists on here to defend this product and make a credible case for bringing Mussman back for another season. I say you cannot do it. Prove me wrong.

Now come on....we don't want NDSU fans coming on the board trying to save the guys job. :lol: