SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Only way to make your voice heard is to email Faison directly. brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

Please be respectful. I am sure he has received plenty the last month. But more will show that there are fans out there that don't just want to complain about our team losing, but that we care about this program.

Sorry "Mr. Almighty Poster".......I goofed on the stats......10 penalties is still too many. 50 yards rushing by UND and giving up 275 yards to NAU.

Coming from someone who has only contributed unsubstantiated rumors I'll take it with a grain of salt. I agreed that the penalties were far too numerous so I'm not so sure what you're all offended about other than being wrong on your numbers.

I think that personal attack was completely uncalled for. The majority of the preceding post by "Sioux Nation" was perfectly logical minus one mistake. I think your arrogance has been very recognizable on this board, yet no one calls you out for it. The majority of your predictions are obliviously optimistic and largely incorrect. Predicting our team to have winning records year in and year out despite Mussman's horrific track record is one such example. You don't analyze facts, you just blatantly preach blind faith. In my opinion, your credibility is in question my friend.

Lastly, before I digress, I would like to contribute to the thread at hand by saying the program DOES need new leadership or the attandance and support next season will be at its lowest since the 80s.

I prefer to predict on what could happen based on potential. I'm optimistic on most things in life. I never claim that my predictions aren't homer pics. I'm not sure what my record is on predictions but I'm pretty sure I almost always predict a win. I'm sure my record sucks. Do I care? No, I don't take those very seriously.

I've been on the record that I think UND needs to change things up so it's not like I'm trying to go down with the ship.

If I suggest something is a fact it's because I know something that would lead to that. Go back and check my track record on those things.

As far as siouxnation goes I don't care if a post is 99% dead on, if that 1% is some serious accusation with no proof that is not held up by anyone then it's a problem.

Why is my credibility in question for wanting a level playing field in these arguments?

the AD and I don't get a long. I stopped donating. but I do hear lots of scuttle as my job entails me working with lots of big wigs that companys do donate.

Don't need to get along with the AD nor like the AD, coach or president to donate. Doesn't help our programs to stop donating. When we do so, I believe we become part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Food for thought.

After UND loses to UNC at the Alerus this coming Saturday, the announcement has to be made.

Why?

UND has a bye week the last week of the regular season. That's a two week search head start on everyone else.

UND 2.0

If that's what it takes I hope UNC brings their A game! I would gladly give up a potential win to get rid of the lunatic that is running this asylum!

After UND loses to UNC at the Alerus this coming Saturday, the announcement has to be made.

Why?

UND has a bye week the last week of the regular season. That's a two week search head start on everyone else.

UND 2.0

If they lose to UNC that will say more than any game of the year. They have all the motivation in the world after how the game ended last year and it's the seniors last game at home. A loss there and it's basically curtains, as if it already isn't.

As a Bison fan, Muss is my all time favorite UND coach. He has damn near destroyed the program. After watching that game yesterday, I think the top teams in D2 would piss pound UND.

Has to be in the 200,000 - 300,000 range.

I was inspired to revisit some stats. This team has enough talent to be competitive. What they don't have are quality coaches. I like Muss, but he has surrounded himself with inexperienced, underperforming coaches. When a head coach does that, he is ultimately responsible. If you take out the stats from the Valpo game, the offense is averaging just over 63 rushing yards/game while giving up close to 180 rushing yards/game. They are out-passing their opponents but playing from behind will inflate those numbers. The offensive coordinator is awful. Apparently, half time speeches revolve around making their plan work instead of making adjustments based on the opposition. 63 rushing yards/game is terrible. They are intent on running 155 pound Jake Miller between the tackles and then bringing in five foot nothing Garmin to pass block and run on occasion. The receiving group is very talented. It is evident that Harden has been shut down a bit this year. I see a lot of frustration in his body language. The scheme is poor....period. The defense is "offensive". Giving up 180 rushing yards/ game is pretty bad. They give up just over 410 total yards/game. The unit is too undersized to play a 3-4 defense. Their LB's aren't athletic enough and their lineman are too small to line up in this defense. I won't even comment on the DB's because their performance speaks for itself. Against Portland State, Daryl Brown had an interception and walked away shaking his finger signaling "don't come my way"! Are you kidding me?!? That's the first play he's made all year and he comes off of the field acting like he is all world. Kuska had a great game against PSU but ends up injuring his neck on a tackle. Your strong safety shouldn't be making that many tackles. I hope he can come back from that injury. Lastly, the team averages roughly 7.5 penalties/game. This team can't afford that many penalties, period. I don't disagree that they could easily lose to UNC. They gave up over 300 yards receiving to one receiver in last year's game. Mussman makes some very poor coaching decisions at the end of the game and UND loses. This team is poorly coached and poorly prepared week in and week out. A change can't come soon enough.

I think that sums it up. Any questions from anyone???

That conversation with the seniors did happen. I've heard the whole story from the horses mouth. They were there to represent most of the team, obviously no repercussions could be had against them. Faison listened, but apparently didn't hear.

Although I don't know for sure that this meeting happened, I do find it likely. All the players that I have spoken to, both former and current, have indicated to me that Mussman doesn't have the respect of his players. He just lacks that disciplinary stance that is required for good leadership. Since 2009 or so, there were already rumblings that Mussman had no respect due to his childish demeanor, so with that said, it's perfectly possible in my mind that the players may have met with Faison regarding Mussman's inability to coach and be a leader of men.

I did not see muss;s post game press conference. although I can imagine what he said. "IF we would have gotten that one _____, and IF that one play when the ref called_____, IF ____ catch would've been called complete, and IF we would've wrapped up when ____ ran for that score, ........" it's the same every week. Every team could play the IF game in a win or a loss. PSU's coach could've said in his pressor. IF we would have turned those three missed field goals into td's and IF we wouldn't have thrown an int on the 1 yard line, we would have blown out und. my dad didn't believe in IF's, when I would use an IF, he would reply with a sarcastic tone, "IF the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a sh*#, he would've caught the rabbit!