SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Doesn't the fact that we need to blame turnovers and penalties say something? Couldn't UND be so great they could win despite those? Couldn't UND be so awesome we could be talking how UND had a pick six? Couldn't we talk about how we help eastern Washington to only field goals cause this team is kicking ass? Couldn't we start about that awesome running back we got that broke all those tackles for a 76 yard touchdown? But UND lost by a lot it was more than UND "making mistakes". Eastern Washington created those opportunities for themselves and football, the last time I checked, is more than three quarters!

Attendance won't drop much further because they still count the season tickets sold even though they don't show. And the students to to an extent.

Next year this team could even be worse without a change! :(

I will concede the defense beat expectations. This is solely due to expectations being ridiculously low.

The offense scored one TD. Against the 9th ranked scoring defense in the conference. 72nd ranked nationally.

This team won't win another game doing that.

I actually think the offense is a bigger problem than the defense right now and that seems crazy. That can't finish drives and turn the ball over which kills any chance to win, especially when the defense isn't good.

Doesn't the fact that we need to blame turnovers and penalties say something? Couldn't UND be so great they could win despite those? Couldn't UND be so awesome we could be talking how UND had a pick six? Couldn't we talk about how we help eastern Washington to only field goals cause this team is kicking ass? Couldn't we start about that awesome running back we got that broke all those tackles for a 76 yard touchdown? But UND lost by a lot it was more than UND "making mistakes". Eastern Washington created those opportunities for themselves and football, the last time I checked, is more than three quarters!

Attendance won't drop much further because they still count the season tickets sold even though they don't show. And the students to to an extent.

Next year this team could even be worse without a change! :sad:

It will be interesting. I believe the smallest regular season crowd since the Al opened was the Lamar game from a few years ago--6238. I suspect we'll see a new low for the UNC game, and will possibly be close on Saturday.

Not against a good team, but certainly they could against average or poor teams.

That's the problem. UND is suppose to be a "good" team to me. Why isn't UND a good team? Heck why can't UND even finish in the top half of the conference?

We beat Montana last year....and we got blown out by them at home...they improved greatly and UND went the other way greatly.

It will be interesting. I believe the smallest regular season crowd since the Al opened was the Lamar game from a few years ago--6238. I suspect we'll see a new low for the UNC game, and will possibly be close on Saturday.

Agreed. That's probably the floor. I sit with other season ticket holders and my neighbors haven't showed the last two games.

That's the problem. UND is suppose to be a "good" team to me. Why isn't UND a good team? Heck why can't UND even finish in the top half of the conference?

We beat Montana last year....and we got blown out by them at home...they improved greatly and UND went the other way greatly.

What I am saying is even if UND was an elite FCS team at this point you can't beat a good team if you turn the ball over 3 or 4 times a game and have 100 yards in penalties. The penalties were a little better this last game but the turnovers kill. Look at how bad the record is for a pretty good Houston Texans team is due primarily to turn overs.

And UND isn't a good team right now for a lot of different reasons.

The fighting sioux coaches are like the Minnesota Vikings coaches. Neither one know what they're doing or can motivate their players. Us as fans can predict what play is coming up and for the defense bad penalties poor tackling. Both coaches should go to the next team maybe high school football when even want to

The fighting sioux coaches are like the Minnesota Vikings coaches. Neither one know what they're doing or can motivate their players. Us as fans can predict what play is coming up and for the defense bad penalties poor tackling. Both coaches should go to the next team maybe high school football when even want to

I think we've found our next head coach. Or the Vikings next coach. Or would they both be below you?

I think we've found our next head coach. Or the Vikings next coach. Or would they both be below you?

I don't think that snide comment was necessary.

There's really no use speculating the coaching staff's future because a lot can happen between now and the UC Davis game to conclude the season. We could continue to see improvement and Mussman keeps his job, or of course, we could continue to see the same turnover issues and the remaining games aren't much better.

I will say that the preseason expectations for this team were the playoffs. Several players and coaches said it, including Hardin and Mussman. There's no question in my mind that we won't make the playoffs. Thus, this season has been a failure. How many games we finish under .500 only will compound the problem.

I know of a very DEEP pocketed FB booster who was very pro Muss when the season started that is not so much any more. You get a few like this person to waiver and 1of 2 things WILL happen. You can do the math from there...

To suggest that the coaches don't know what they're doing is a joke. They get paid to coach. How many posters on here do? Mussman seemed to know what he was doing as the OC during one of the most successful runs in UND football history. What pisses me off is when joe armchair quarterback logs on here and posts a bunch of bs as though it's a fact. It's not fair to the coaches that are doing everything they can to save this season. I'm sure plenty on here think the defense has coached themselves to improve the last couple weeks and motivated themselves.

• Upvote 2

I know of a very DEEP pocketed FB booster who was very pro Muss when the season started that is not so much any more. You get a few like this person to waiver and 1of 2 things WILL happen. You can do the math from there...

I also know of a couple deep pocket boosters...err I think they are anyones sometime can be deceiving as their house is mtg out. credit cards maxed and such well anyways not to get off topic.... they want a change or will take there money 70 miles south I think

I know lot of big farmers in northeast ND who bypass the alreus and head strate to the dome now in big decked out buss's.

sad to say

I am and will be a muss supporter as I know what he can do but I know what he cant do and that's head coach...bring back bubba and put muss as OC.

I also know of a couple deep pocket boosters...err I think they are anyones sometime can be deceiving as their house is mtg out. credit cards maxed and such well anyways not to get off topic.... they want a change or will take there money 70 miles south I think

I know lot of big farmers in northeast ND who bypass the alreus and head strate to the dome now in big decked out buss's.

sad to say

I am and will be a muss supporter as I know what he can do but I know what he cant do and that's head coach...bring back bubba and put muss as OC.

All of that rings home; that's becoming very common now. Supporters of UND football for over 25 years that I know have actually swayed over to NDSU over the part couple years. It's gotten that bad.

I'd like to state an obvious personal observation that I have a right to say: UND football has been disgusting since 2009 (Sioux Falls debacle). Has nearly 5 years of subpar competitiveness been long enough?

I'd like to state an obvious personal observation that I have a right to say: UND football has been disgusting since 2009 (Sioux Falls debacle). Has nearly 5 years of subpar competitiveness been long enough?

Totally agree. That was one of the best post so far in this thread and this is why a change is needed.

Montana got their QB back this year and we lost ours from last year.

To suggest that the coaches don't know what they're doing is a joke. They get paid to coach. How many posters on here do? Mussman seemed to know what he was doing as the OC during one of the most successful runs in UND football history. What pisses me off is when joe armchair quarterback logs on here and posts a bunch of bs as though it's a fact. It's not fair to the coaches that are doing everything they can to save this season. I'm sure plenty on here think the defense has coached themselves to improve the last couple weeks and motivated themselves.

All I know is that this program has regressed and deteriorated to its lowest point since 1986. Mussman is at the top of the food chain in the Memorial Stadium football offices and has been since 2008. That means the buck stops with him. That's how it works in the military and it's how it works in collegiate athletics. And unless this team somehow runs the table, I don't see him surviving.

All I know is that this program has regressed and deteriorated to its lowest point since 1986. Mussman is at the top of the food chain in the Memorial Stadium football offices and has been since 2008. That means the buck stops with him. That's how it works in the military and it's how it works in collegiate athletics. And unless this team somehow runs the table, I don't see him surviving.

I don't disagree with this post. What I disagree with is people taking borderline slanderous shots at the coaches with no actual insight.

• Upvote 1

I would guess because the season isn't going well, the coaches are pushing even harder than normal.

Mussman seemed to know what he was doing as the OC during one of the most successful runs in UND football history.

Are you familiar with the concept called "The Peter Principle"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle

I believe Coach Mussman is a living, breathing embodiment of it: Yes, he was a successful OC, and got promoted to the level of his incompetence.

• Upvote 1

I don't disagree with this post. What I disagree with is people taking borderline slanderous shots at the coaches with no actual insight.

And lets be honest, nobody posting on this message board has a real clue as to what is going on with the coaching staff or with the players in the locker room.