SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

A loss in Pocatello this Saturday and it could spiral into 1-10...5-6 is possible but I think the damage will have been done by then.

It could get really ugly if they lose this week, I think EWU, Portland State, and NAU are very unlikely wins, that leaves 3 possibilities. If they lose this week this team will be totally demoralized and 2 or 3 wins might be it.

Maybe to you but they were pretty important to rest of your fanbase when they were good and going to NCAA tournaments. Funny, now nobody cares and they are just those "unimportant non-revenue sports".

Anything those sports do is bonus.

I was and am civil about it everybody on here wants the same thing New coaches. But are all afraid to face him and tell him and that makes me uncivil. Okay.

Hmmmmm...shouldn't Faison be the one who goes face to face w Muss and says...in my best Trump voice and comb over..."You're fired!"? We can bark all we want here but if Faison doesn't see the ineptitude of Muss and act on it...well...

Hmmmmm...shouldn't Faison be the one who goes face to face w Muss and says...in my best Trump voice and comb over..."You're fired!"? We can bark all we want here but if Faison doesn't see the ineptitude of Muss and act on it...well...

Fans do have a voice it's called empty arenas, chanting Fire Muss, and emails. Brian Faison cannot ignore the fans especially the alumni who donate money to the school. He (BF) is in a tough spot because you fire Muss who then who do you get as a replacement and how that hurts recruting. This is why the longer we keep Muss the bigger the hole this team gets. First thing to do is stop the hole from getting bigger by firing him, then filling in the hole a little at a time until we get to the level as the top teams in the league which IMO is a good 4 or 5 years from now until we can get a good coach.

Fine, he cares. But this isn't peewee football - you're judged on winning. Bottom line: Mussman sucks at winning. W-L record speaks for itself.

That is fine, my point is that even though we are in destroy Mussman mode, we can at least use criticize constructively. I mean there is enough actual stuff to pick at and slam him for without making things up.

Watching UND Sports extra last night Mussman looks like a defeated man with no answers. He's out there blaming the offense for giving up 62 and 55 points! Muss has to go sooner than later. We cannot afford many more blowout losses with absolutely no answers.

I agree with how he carries himself but I didn't hear any excuses for the defense. Hammer brought up the turnovers and say what you want, it's a legit problem which is magnified with how bad the defense is. The offense can't turn the ball over period with the defense that can't get a stop or barely make a tackle. My point of view is that he seems to have lost all confidence in himself and the team but he was pointing out real issues that cause a lot of the problems for UND. As bad as the defense is, the offense hasn't been a lot better the last couple of games.

Is that a cheap shot at critics of the FB program? Please offer alternative opinions instead of making smart remarks.

He's clearly saying everyone of this message board needs to quit whining and nut up by actually telling the coaches they suck.

That is fine, my point is that even though we are in destroy Mussman mode, we can at least use criticize constructively. I mean there is enough actual stuff to pick at and slam him for without making things up.

I'm sure there's some stuff being made up, but from my end I only mention things I've heard from people who are in or were in the football program. Although, the fact that supporters are going to such lengths to produce propaganda indicates to me that this situation is not good. Mussman has not only lost support of his team, but also the fans/alumni.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure there's some stuff being made up, but from my end I only mention things I've heard from people who are in or were in the football program. Although, the fact that supporters are going to such lengths to produce propaganda indicates to me that this situation is not good. Mussman has not only lost support of his team, but also the fans/alumni.

That is where Faison must take note!! Fans + Alumni = $$$$$,

It is extremely disappointing and disturbing when you hear from several of the football players that there is no sense of unity or team in the locker room or on the field. When you are in jeopardy of losing freshman impact players that were highly recruited because of players fighting during practice and players getting arrested for alcohol with no consequence, there is a serious problem. The coaches laugh the fighting off as "competitive spirit" but in fact the guys are at each others’ throats. When players are being arrested and then not being disciplined by the staff, that's a problem. Incoming players who love the game and football DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CRAP!! Somebody needs to step up and hold everyone accountable but that can't be done as long as you have a coaching staff that just shakes it head.

It is extremely disappointing and disturbing when you hear from several of the football players that there is no sense of unity or team in the locker room or on the field. When you are in jeopardy of losing freshman impact players that were highly recruited because of players fighting during practice and players getting arrested for alcohol with no consequence, there is a serious problem. The coaches laugh the fighting off as "competitive spirit" but in fact the guys are at each others’ throats. When players are being arrested and then not being disciplined by the staff, that's a problem. Incoming players who love the game and football DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CRAP!! Somebody needs to step up and hold everyone accountable but that can't be done as long as you have a coaching staff that just shakes it head.

Ugh. Who was arrested? When were they arrested? And why were they arrested?

If we've got players pulling bizun stunts and they're not being disciplined by the coach, then that should be the last straw.

There have been 2 arrests thus far that that I have been made aware of that were alcohol related but there are a few more out there that I'm not sure of, both upper & lower classmen.

This lack of leadership by the coaching staff and lack of direction or concern by the athletic office is not only tarnishing the program but causing players to question their commitments. The amount of talent on the team, especially in the 2013 recruiting class should be motivation to build on I would think. Instead there is so much division being created within the team itself that its troublesome.

There have been 2 arrests thus far that that I have been made aware of that were alcohol related but there are a few more out there that I'm not sure of, both upper & lower classmen.

This lack of leadership by the coaching staff and lack of direction or concern by the athletic office is not only tarnishing the program but causing players to question their commitments. The amount of talent on the team, especially in the 2013 recruiting class should be motivation to build on I would think. Instead there is so much division being created within the team itself that its troublesome.

I'm calling BS. Something would have been in papers if there was anything to this.

No BS here. I will state nothing here other then the facts as I know them and I do know them. Not as an outsider but a genuinely concerned party.

It's funny you asked why the public wasn't made aware because some of the players are asking the same question. As I stated previously.....there is a complete lack of leadership throughout and what is that showing to the players that truly want to be a part of something bigger. One Team One Dream. UND has the potential.

Who are they, and how did you become aware of this?

No BS here. I will state nothing here other then the facts as I know them and I do know them. Not as an outsider but a genuinely concerned party.

It's funny you asked why the public wasn't made aware because some of the players are asking the same question. As I stated previously.....there is a complete lack of leadership throughout and what is that showing to the players that truly want to be a part of something bigger. One Team One Dream. UND has the potential.

Arrests are public information, so you should be able to divulge names. Be aware that false accusations can result in libel however. I still say BS.

If I wasn't related to someone affiliated team then I guess you could call it BS. But I personally am sick of the crap I hear about going on behind the scenes and in the locker room.

All I will say is that 1 is an upper classmen and the other a freshman, it's not my place to broadcast their names. Straight from the players themselves. There are young men on our team that genuinely want to play ball and do so as a team but if the coaches hold double standards and choose to ignore issues than there's nothing you can say. What do you say to a player that tells you it doesn't do any good to talk to the coaches because they don't do anything anyway.

If I wasn't related to someone affiliated team then I guess you could call it BS. But I personally am sick of the crap I hear about going on behind the scenes and in the locker room.

All I will say is that 1 is an upper classmen and the other a freshman, it's not my place to broadcast their names. Straight from the players themselves. There are young men on our team that genuinely want to play ball and do so as a team but if the coaches hold double standards and choose to ignore issues than there's nothing you can say. What do you say to a player that tells you it doesn't do any good to talk to the coaches because they don't do anything anyway.

All I will say is until I see it in the media I won't believe it. It's not your place to broadcast their names??? Whatever. BS!!!!!