SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Holy S**t! What a turnaround! You have been maybe THE most positive voice on here, you've gone from that to calling for the coach's job and "fisting us with their backups"!?

Someone definitely hit their rock bottom! :D

Luckily my LSU Tigers still kick ass. What bothers me is that NDSU plays the way we used to and guess what? They're kicking everyones ass.

I don't know why Kotelnicki should be given the interim HC if Muss was to be fired. Defense has clearly been the most brutal part of this team. He has not shown anything to me to deserve to stay either.

I agree. The defense is worse than last year. Fire everyone and start over. Let the new guys recruit players that are serious about winning. It's obvious that we have to do something drastic or we'll be another Morningside or Valpo for the next 5 years. Take no prisoners. Everyone goes.

Glad to see geaux_sioux has seen the light. Don't you wish he'd have been cut loose before the bye?

You put the senior assistant in charge unless you have someone locally who is NCAA certified to be interim head coach. Does Mike Berg have the right qualifications for the interim title?

Glad to see geaux_sioux has seen the light. Don't you wish he'd have been cut loose before the bye?

You put the senior assistant in charge unless you have someone locally who is NCAA certified to be interim head coach. Does Mike Berg have the right qualifications for the interim title?

I would run through a brick wall in hell covered in kerosene for Coach Berg. I doubt he'd do it though.

I would run through a brick wall in hell covered in kerosene for Coach Berg. I doubt he'd do it though.

Berg wasn't all that great of a coach. 1 title (2005) in 28 years of coaching but a .500 overall record. Being a Central alumn I would vote for Berg over Muss but I wouldn't vote Berg over another more qualified coach.

I only bring up Berg because our young coordinators are out of their depth without a senior, strong mentor.

Honestly, I don't know if the NCAA requires any special training or certification to be a head coach in Division I. If not, name Berg the interim and give him the power to cut guys off the team immediately. He's seen way more from the press box than he'll say on the radio. I don't know it, but I know it.

If it does, seriously, name Ashley Hardee or Brad Berry the interim. Yes, I'm serious.

I only bring up Berg because our young coordinators are out of their depth without a senior, strong mentor.

Honestly, I don't know if the NCAA requires any special training or certification to be a head football coach in Division I. If not, name Berg the interim and give him the power to cut guys off the team immediately. He's seen way more from the press box than he'll say on the radio. I don't know it, but I know it.

Maybe Berg could be a good coordinator. GFC did have some great players besides Bollinger, with Phillip Moore, and Mark Callahan. Too bad GFC has tanked it lately.

Berg wasn't all that great of a coach. 1 title (2005) in 28 years of coaching but a .500 overall record. Being a Central alumn I would vote for Berg over Muss but I wouldn't vote Berg over another more qualified coach.

I would take Berg over anyone as far as discipline and toughness. He wasn't much for X's and O's but he could motivate players to do anything and was a master at having the team buy in to the program and be a family. He only had a few really good teams in his years as a coach.

I would take Berg over anyone as far as discipline and toughness. He wasn't much for X's and O's but he could motivate players to do anything and was a master at having the team buy in to the program and be a family. He only had a few really good teams in his years as a coach.

That is what Muss is missing!!

63-20? Thats effin' embarrassing. I'm not a supporter of replacing a coach mid season, but this might be a good time to make an exception...ouch!

I agree. First year for season tickets. If Muss is not gone before the end of the year, I won't buy tickets until a UND can prove it can win.

Actually I'm liking the Kleinsasser angle. Nobody blocks better. Assts could fill the NCAA gaps and regs. His name and reputation would command respect and open doors for recruiting.

I hope this starts Monday.