SiouxSports.com Forum

I think Canada should

Fetch

This is why so many people in the United States and around the world love it when Canada loses in hockey; whether in international competition or when one of their 6 (soon to be 7) NHL teams fails. They are sore winners (this is OUR game and no one else should be allowed success in it) and losers (what we saw last night). I for one was not surprised at what happened and I am very happy that the Cup will remain in the United States for another 12 months.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is why so many people in the United States and around the world love it when Canada loses in hockey; whether in international competition or when one of their 6 (soon to be 7) NHL teams fails. They are sore winners (this is OUR game and no one else should be allowed success in it) and losers (what we saw last night). I for one was not surprised at what happened and I am very happy that the Cup will remain in the United States for another 12 months.

Amen to that.

I don't know, I think Genoway, Frattin, Malone, etc. handled the loss to Michigan fairly well. Don't group all people together, otherwise all Americans get lumped into the arrogant category. As in college hockey, every fanbase has their idiots, the same can be said of Canada.

No kidding.

I don't know, I think Genoway, Frattin, Malone, etc. handled the loss to Michigan fairly well. Don't group all people together, otherwise all Americans get lumped into the arrogant category. As in college hockey, every fanbase has their idiots, the same can be said of Canada.

Hate to see people put a blanket over an entire country when maybe 1% of the fans are idiots. This crap has happened in the states also unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I don't group Canadian hockey players into the arrogant category being referred to. Canadian fans on the other hand, are a completely different animal. I'm sure they aren't all bad. I mean, they love hockey as much as the rest of us do. I think some that frequent the message boards make it seem like a majority.

Full disclaimer: I don't hate all the Canadian NHL teams. Just the Canucks... and the Habs.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Cup will be in Canada most of the summer when the mostly Canadian Bruins players take it to their home towns.

That riot was started by people who planned ahead of time to take advantage of the situation (large crowd of people in a small area) and cause mayhem, win or lose. The same thing happened back in 1993 when the Canadiens won the cup. It's unfair to generalize an entire city as lunatics, much less an entire nation.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Cup will be in Canada most of the summer when the mostly Canadian Bruins players take it to their home towns.

True, a good number of the Bruins are from Canada and a couple of them are from B.C. also the Cup will be going to Slovakia as well. I think that there is only a couple Americans on the Bruins. I know Tim Thomas is off the top of my head.

Read this morning where 9 police officers were bit during the riots in Vancouver. The biters must all be related to Burrows. :D

I think because of the Sedin Girls and Burrows and Lapierre is one of the main reasons a lot of people hate the Canucks. I think they are one of the most unlikeable teams in NHL History. I also think Luongo is one of the biggest prima Donnas the game has ever seen as well.

Yes, they were just as bad as the American fans that have booed the Canadian anthem at various different times throughout history. Every fanbase has a small handful of bad apples.

You're just saying that because you are a Flyers fan! :)

That is fine but the two most important players on the team....Conn Smythe Thomas and Captain Chara are NOT CANADIAN!

• Downvote 1

I especially enjoyed the classy canadian fans that booed during the US national anthem before. Game 7... :(

I have watched and listened to the replays of the anthems on you tube and did not hear one bit of booing for the US anthem.

I think Canada should keep producing great hockey players that end up at UND. Like Frattin, Genoway, Malone, Dell, Eidsness, Simpson, Knight, Balfour, Hrkac.......The Hoogsteen brothers......Chris Porter....Travis Zajac.....

But they should take a deep breath after a team of theirs loses a big hockey game.

• Upvote 1

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Vancouver hockey fans, starting with their treatment of Team USA at the WJC a few years back.

However, lost in the chaos afterwards was a strong show of sportsmanship inside the arena and after the game.

They applauded their home team with a stick salute.

They applauded the Conn Smythe winner.

They applauded the Stanley Cup.

They applauded when Zdeno Chara raised it.

(The booing was pretty much reserved for Bettman. Which is really quite funny.)

Beats the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of Philadelphia.

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Vancouver hockey fans, starting with their treatment of Team USA at the WJC a few years back.

However, lost in the chaos afterwards was a strong show of sportsmanship inside the arena and after the game.

They applauded their home team with a stick salute.

They applauded the Conn Smythe winner.

They applauded the Stanley Cup.

They applauded when Zdeno Chara raised it.

(The booing was pretty much reserved for Bettman. Which is really quite funny.)

Beats the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of Philadelphia.

Right on...